Leaving Sikhi

Gupti

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest noonespecial

Was he ever Sikh to begin with?

Although I feel sorry that he never felt anything from Sikhism, I'm not prepared to say that it's SIKHI'S fault. I think that the same faults can be found anywhere. I'll be very surprised if he finds that Islam doesn't have the same type of people in their kaum as Sikhi does in theirs. There are bad apples everywhere.

Perhaps Punjabi Nationalist should look closely at himself and not at others. If anyone is to be successful in this path of Sikhi then they have to make it THEIR OWN.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

I read that post. I think he is talking about a guy. he keeps refering to this person, since i don't visit sikhawareness and participate discussions as of now, so i don't know whats going on. and as far as his leaving sikhi and going for islam is concerned, i am not sad at all. let him go to it and find out exactly what islam is. the respect, openmindedness of muslims will come clear him as the time passes by.

There is one thing that i strognly agree with that guy is what happens in our Gurdwaras. I have never been to mosque or church and therefore, i cannot make comparisons. All i can see is just try to see what happens in our gurdwaras there days. This is what I see in our Gurdwaras these days:

Gurdwaras have become more like social gathering places. We go there to chit-chat, eat chah-pakore, langar, and come home. We meet with people in the Gurdwara personally instead of meeting them or looking at the as 'Sangat'. We drag our personal relationships and grudges, if any, with us inside the Gurdwara and look at people with the same eye as we look at them outside of gurdwara. We do not feel the presense of the Guru there. We have made 'langar' a ritual that Guru sahib gave us something, or we ask for something and we make a promise to Guru that if you do this for me, i'll do langar. Its like a trade. We have almost lost the meaning of langar. We make restaurant-style langar in the Gurdwara.

Few weeks back, a friend of mine asked me to come with him and count the charahava from Sunday. He took me inside a small room and few more management people came in. They spread the money on a table and started counting. One of them said, "Gurdware di aamd

an ghat ghaee aa." The other said, how come? He said, "People put $5 bill in front of Raagis, but they matha tek with $1." Then another guy said, "People come here for $1 buffet." He further added, "Dollar ek charaunde aa lok, te menu bhaalde aa top di." This was soooo sickening listeing to this shitty conversion in that room. These people had no respect for Charahva. Its from Guru's golak and people gave Guru Ji according to their capacity and Guru never said that I need $5 bill, why u giving me 1 dollar. So who are these people to say such things? I left the room cuz i have to come home with my bro. I don't know what they talked about after that.

Another worst thing happens in our Gurdwaras is fight over pardhangi and charava. People for for leadership and money in the gurdwara. The make a joke for others and humiliate the whole sikh kaum. I think this thing has soooooo deeply mixed in punjabi blood that cannot easily go away. These old, uneducated people, came from pinds from punjab know nothing about Sikhi and start finghts in the Gurdwaras to be pardhan. This is what they were used to do back in Punjab to be the Sarpanch of the village, and here we do not have that post, and they find an alternatinve, why not to be Gurdware da pardhaan.... These people are doing a great damage to our image and portraying a negative image to our youth. The kids do not know what is right and what is wrong at the first sight they see it. The picture gets drawn on their innocent minds of what they see, and this negative picture of our society and Gurdwara, is, i think, the prominent reason why our youth is running away from the true perspective of Sikhi.

I think our new generation will make better leaders if they are exposed to what Sikhi is in reality. Our kids view Sikhi through the eyes of these mentally sick people who are found everywhere in our society, most of them in the gurdwaras.

i have to go now, i'm late... plz forgive me if i have said somthing wrong.... please

correct me.

bhul chuk di khima...

Guest SikhForLife
Its from Guru's golak and people gave Guru Ji according to their capacity and Guru never said that I need $5 bill, why u giving me 1 dollar. So who are these people to say such things?

i didnt read the whole thing.. but guruji doesnt need money.. the golak is a donation for a GW for the langar and other things as such.. and nothing else.. we dont give money to Guruji.. and ofcourse guruji (if in human roop) was present.. he/she wouldnt care abuot the amount

We shud make our decision looking at the religion and what it offers.Making decision based on few 'ignorant' people who follow it seems wrong to me.

I have very few Sikh friendz or u can say I never got along with umm(other than my frndz) pretty much.I find myself surrounded by Hindus or monas all the time...but this doesn't mean "Sikhism" is bad or something.We shud not judge a great and rich philosophy juss by lookin at few ignorant people insted we shud appreciate the best things it offers in comaparison to many other paths.

This is juss my personal opinion.Sorry if i offended anybdy

Guest mehtab

i just read the thread at sikhawareness...he does bring out the evils in Punjabi society that have stuck to Sikhi and become a part and parcel, something always hard to get rid of...we can go on and on to tell him that Sikhi is full of love and acceptance, but if he doesn't see that in real life living ppl, he will think its all fake...we can go on and on as to how islam teaches to hate, but all he has seen is honesty and friendly nature from their side, and so thats what will be his first and last impression about them...its always the face value that catches one's eye...and like JSingh said, the people who fight for pardhangi or kursi have done a great deal of damage already.

i suggest this dude needs some big time proper Sikh (NOT Punjabi) sangat...we all have debated many times on this forum with ppl who have questioned Sikhi and compared Sikhi with other religions...its easy to talk...majority of those who talk just talk the talk and dont walk the walk...he says he is sick of the fact that Sikhs are caught up in their false set of pride and obsessed with image of what other people think of them...we all sit here and talk about our shaheed singhs...the great sacrifices that they made...we put down others and their religions...now i m thinking WHAT WAS THE POINT OF DOING ALL THAT?...we have one person here who never saw a single person who was even 10% of any of those great shaheed singhs...we give examples of great chardi kala gursikhs and their lives...this man never saw a single person who had 1% of that much love, faith, dedication, commitment towards Sikhi...yes we can say that he hung

around the wrong type of people...but how long can we NOT take the blame on ourselves...how long can we shy away from the fact that something IS wrong...he says Unlike the Sikhs, Muslims are willing to give time to introduce the religion. Friendly, open, honest they are. My closest friends are Muslims....yes it is easy to say that Fine, go ahead, u will see what happens to u in future, but please, lets not try to hide and admit our own mistakes.

i hope all those who follow the "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" principal learn a lesson from this...i hope all those who are crazy after jatha issues learn a lesson from this...i hope all those who have nothing better to do than hating others (be it india or hindus or muslims) learn a lesson from this...this is only 1 person...our lack of unity, our internal fueds, our fanaticism, our non-acceptance, our labelling others who dont agree with us as evil or wrong will pump up the numbers of those who will write such heartbreaking and painful messages and proudly announce that they are leaving this path of Sikhi, this path, for which countless Sikhs preferred to be tortured and killed in the most beastly manner ever known to man, but never ever even dreamt of turning their back to Gurujee.

in immense pain and not in a position to shed a single tear

~Rochak

My thought on it : WHO CARE ? If they are leaving then why they have to make a BIG DEAL over it and ANNOUNCE to the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.. To me these ppls just want to get the attention or wanna be the center of the attention. I didn't read that post, cauz i have no interest in it.. :@

Singhooo and singhneeooo .. Dozen will go away. BUT thousands will come into sikhi.. Don't worry !

If they wanna be muslim then be a good muslim

if they wanna be a christian then be a good christian

if they wanna be a athiest then be a good athiest

if they wanna be a ABC then be a good ABC religion..