Experiences Of Singhnia

Guest Tips

Penji, i havent been on this forum for a long time, but your post really touched me.

We all have to start somewhere, and everyones 'journey' is unique. I was told once, that sometimes sikhi is like licking a stone, you dont get anything out of it, but stick at it, those who put their efforts in, reap what they sow.

I hope mahraj does kirpaa on you, all the best penji :)

gurfateh jee

Tarrandeep Kaur

sikhi is like licking a stone at first for beginners, then later the sweetness will be tasted.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bibi.

I have stopping cutting my hair but I still have my eyebrows done and upper lip. I don't feel comfortable/strong enough for a huge change all at once. Is it just me or did any of you feel like this when you started keep your hair? Sometimes I feel as though I'm just kidding myself and I'll never be able to keep rehat because the point of keeping your kesh and then doing your eyebrows tend to cancel each other out.

Can you wear makeup of any kind, like tinted moisturiser? I know you might think this is a really silly question but I have no friends who are singhnia so I don't know. Do you wear nail polish?

khu kbIr jYsy suMdr srUp ] nwm ibnw jYsy kubj kurUp ]3]25]

Says Kabeer, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, beautiful and handsome people are just ugly hunch-backs. ||3||25||

I just want to say that when I see girls that cut hair and wear make-up, etc they make me sick. They look fake and it looks like they're wearing a wig, as the hair on their head doesn't even look like its apart of their body. And their face, man, that looks like a perfect image of a clown!! Listen to this: When these Manmukhs first committed Paap/sin, which would be many previous births ago as human in another Yug, they brought their mind down to a lower level of thinking. This lower level of thinking is of the animal specie and this is why they are then reincarnated into the 8.4 million life forms, the last of them being Human form. Sometimes the manmukh is just incarnated as one animal depending on the last thought, e.g. having meat as last thought and so become a wolf in the next life. What I'm trying to say is that all these manmukhs that have been born as pigs, donkeys, dogs etc think they know what beauty is. They come into human form straight after being an animal and hurrily remove their hair from top to bottom and paint their faces, WHAT A JOKE! Japping a lot of Naam helps one see ghosts and spirits, and I can say when these manmukhs die and leave their human body they will see their true selfs and HOW UGLY, HIDEOUS and DEFORMED THEY LOOK.

Guru Gobind Singh reached an angelic level of mind which is far superior then Vishnu, the prophets etc as he did Bhagti that gave him the Guns of God for him to do Joti jot with Akaal Purakh as he did. So his teachings come directly from God :D And only God knows what true beauty is. Guru Gobind Singh Ji could have given the name Singhni instead of Kaur, but he purposely gave Kaur/Princess to his Female Sikhs to show that I know the True divinity and beauty of a Princess and it is one who follows my Rehit. Just like in gurbani Guru Ji tells us what a True Street Dancer, Warrior, Pimp, Theif etc is. He always defines the Truth because his Realm is Truth, Saachkhand, and only the Truth and nothing but the Truth comes from there.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji mentions that Manmukhs always have been copying each other, like a herd of sheeps. Bhai Sahib states that males imitate the image of female. Both genders are in a mad pursuit of beauty. Before, Bodily hair on male used to be normal but now media is making it look abnormal too.

In this World of Maya, Manmukhs make it into reality, making all the things meaningless meaningful ;) When, as Gurbani says, this human form and earth is only meant for the saints and bhagti of God. Unfortunately, 99% of the people in this world only realise that when they die.

kuicl kurUip kunwir kulKnI ipr kw shju n jwinAw ]

kuchil kuroop kunaar kulakhanee pir kaa sehaj n jaaniaa ||

She is filthy and ugly, unfeminine and ill-mannered - she has no intuitive understanding of her Husband Lord.

These three things, Maya, Fear and Mayl (filth) of Sin weaken the people in this world so they forget about the Giver and become attached to the Given.

kIqy kau myrY sMmwnY krxhwru iqRxu jwnY ]

He looks upon the creation like a mountain of gold, and sees the Creator as a blade of grass.

We really are Selfish, Ugly Thieves.

All the three things mentioned above can be destroyed through Naam and Bani. Singing the Guns of God, eg Jaap Sahib, Akaal Ustat etc, we will develop those qualities and become like God. We become like the one we serve. For example, Bawan Akri is meant to detach us from Maya and attach us to God. All these bania have been created because we cannot do anything ourselves but only through Guru Ji.

mqu jwx sih glI pwieAw ]

math jaan sehi galee paaeiaa ||

Do not think that your Husband Lord can be obtained by mere words.

mwl kY mwxY rUp kI soBw iequ ibDI jnmu gvwieAw ]1] rhwau ]

maal kai maanai roop kee sobhaa eith bidhhee janam gavaaeiaa ||1|| rehaao ||

You are wasting this life in the pride of wealth and the splendor of beauty. ||1||Pause||

AYb qin ickVo iehu mnu mIfko kml kI swr nhI mUil pweI ]

aib than chikarro eihu man meeddako kamal kee saar nehee mool paaee ||

The defect of the body which leads to sin is the mud puddle, and this mind is the frog, which does not appreciate the lotus flower at all.

Bauru ausqwdu inq BwiKAw boly ikau bUJY jw nh buJweI ]2]

bhour ousathaadh nith bhaakhiaa bolae kio boojhai jaa neh bujhaaee ||2||

The bumble bee is the teacher who continually teaches the lesson. But how can one understand, unless one is made to understand? ||2||

AwKxu sunxw paux kI bwxI iehu mnu rqw mwieAw ]

aakhan sunanaa poun kee baanee eihu man rathaa maaeiaa ||

This speaking and listening is like the song of the wind, for those whose minds are colored by the love of Maya.

Ksm kI ndir idlih pisMdy ijnI kir eyku iDAwieAw ]3]

khasam kee nadhar dhilehi pasi(n)dhae jinee kar eaek dhhiaaeiaa ||3||

The Grace of the Master is bestowed upon those who meditate on Him alone. They are pleasing to His Heart. ||3||

God cannot be obtained by mere words, repeating his name and doing Kirtan while in love with Maya and yourself. The BIGGEST SACRIFICE OF LOVE IS MADE IN SIKHI where we give up all of our loves (ie Maya) for God. That’s what makes Sikhi special. For example, Mata Gulab Kaur was at first attached to her husband who told her to read bavan akhri and sukhmani sahib. But when he left this world, she turned her love to God instead. Through this, she became a saint. Her life story is written in bhai sahib randhir singhs biography. (if anyone wants to read it, I can put it up, just ask). After all the things that happened in 1984 and after, I would have thought both singhs and singhnis would have devoted their life more to God and taken it more seriously.

Oh yeh, and those of you who keep on saying do ardaas, its not that simple. Firstly, if you have not taken Amrit, ie have Guru Nanak as your Guru, your ardaas won’t be heard by him, as he won’t recognise you. Secondly, you can’t expect Guru Ji to bless you if you haven’t served him, this isn’t how Worship of God works. You have to learn to become True Servants or just Don’t Take Amrit, if you cannot give your head. Prepare and work hard before taking amrit and learn and understand the importance of Amrit. Amrit is the first step and the first most easy rehat is to keep hair, which shouldnt be a problem for anyone. Sikhi goes much deeper than these worldly matters.

Oh yeh, and someone said Sikhi is like licking a stone, yeah at first but this is the test of love which is the opposite of Maya, where we get the pleasure instantly from Maya, but for Naam and Bani it takes time and effort. BUT THE PLEASURES ARE REAL AND AMAZING! By the way I’m a Singh, he he.

Gurfateh!!

By the way I'm a Singh, he he.

theres always one who cant keep away from the bibiah only thread! :rolleyes:

:p

Actually, I never go onto the bibia thread, this is the first because my sister showed me the topic. So HA HA! This is also the first I've been on sikhsangat after a very long time.

I'm a bibi.
I have stopping cutting my hair but I still have my eyebrows done and upper lip. I don't feel comfortable/strong enough for a huge change all at once. Is it just me or did any of you feel like this when you started keep your hair? Sometimes I feel as though I'm just kidding myself and I'll never be able to keep rehat because the point of keeping your kesh and then doing your eyebrows tend to cancel each other out.

Can you wear makeup of any kind, like tinted moisturiser? I know you might think this is a really silly question but I have no friends who are singhnia so I don't know. Do you wear nail polish?

khu kbIr jYsy suMdr srUp ] nwm ibnw jYsy kubj kurUp ]3]25]

Says Kabeer, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, beautiful and handsome people are just ugly hunch-backs. ||3||25||

I just want to say that when I see girls that cut hair and wear make-up, etc they make me sick. They look fake and it looks like they're wearing a wig, as the hair on their head doesn't even look like its apart of their body. And their face, man, that looks like a perfect image of a clown!! Listen to this: When these Manmukhs first committed Paap/sin, which would be many previous births ago as human in another Yug, they brought their mind down to a lower level of thinking. This lower level of thinking is of the animal specie and this is why they are then reincarnated into the 8.4 million life forms, the last of them being Human form. Sometimes the manmukh is just incarnated as one animal depending on the last thought, e.g. having meat as last thought and so become a wolf in the next life. What I'm trying to say is that all these manmukhs that have been born as pigs, donkeys, dogs etc think they know what beauty is. They come into human form straight after being an animal and hurrily remove their hair from top to bottom and paint their faces, WHAT A JOKE! Japping a lot of Naam helps one see ghosts and spirits, and I can say when these manmukhs die and leave their human body they will see their true selfs and HOW UGLY, HIDEOUS and DEFORMED THEY LOOK.

Guru Gobind Singh reached an angelic level of mind which is far superior then Vishnu, the prophets etc as he did Bhagti that gave him the Guns of God for him to do Joti jot with Akaal Purakh as he did. So his teachings come directly from God :D And only God knows what true beauty is. Guru Gobind Singh Ji could have given the name Singhni instead of Kaur, but he purposely gave Kaur/Princess to his Female Sikhs to show that I know the True divinity and beauty of a Princess and it is one who follows my Rehit. Just like in gurbani Guru Ji tells us what a True Street Dancer, Warrior, Pimp, Theif etc is. He always defines the Truth because his Realm is Truth, Saachkhand, and only the Truth and nothing but the Truth comes from there.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji mentions that Manmukhs always have been copying each other, like a herd of sheeps. Bhai Sahib states that males imitate the image of female. Both genders are in a mad pursuit of beauty. Before, Bodily hair on male used to be normal but now media is making it look abnormal too.

In this World of Maya, Manmukhs make it into reality, making all the things meaningless meaningful ;) When, as Gurbani says, this human form and earth is only meant for the saints and bhagti of God. Unfortunately, 99% of the people in this world only realise that when they die.

kuicl kurUip kunwir kulKnI ipr kw shju n jwinAw ]

kuchil kuroop kunaar kulakhanee pir kaa sehaj n jaaniaa ||

She is filthy and ugly, unfeminine and ill-mannered - she has no intuitive understanding of her Husband Lord.

These three things, Maya, Fear and Mayl (filth) of Sin weaken the people in this world so they forget about the Giver and become attached to the Given.

kIqy kau myrY sMmwnY krxhwru iqRxu jwnY ]

He looks upon the creation like a mountain of gold, and sees the Creator as a blade of grass.

We really are Selfish, Ugly Thieves.

All the three things mentioned above can be destroyed through Naam and Bani. Singing the Guns of God, eg Jaap Sahib, Akaal Ustat etc, we will develop those qualities and become like God. We become like the one we serve. For example, Bawan Akri is meant to detach us from Maya and attach us to God. All these bania have been created because we cannot do anything ourselves but only through Guru Ji.

mqu jwx sih glI pwieAw ]

math jaan sehi galee paaeiaa ||

Do not think that your Husband Lord can be obtained by mere words.

mwl kY mwxY rUp kI soBw iequ ibDI jnmu gvwieAw ]1] rhwau ]

maal kai maanai roop kee sobhaa eith bidhhee janam gavaaeiaa ||1|| rehaao ||

You are wasting this life in the pride of wealth and the splendor of beauty. ||1||Pause||

AYb qin ickVo iehu mnu mIfko kml kI swr nhI mUil pweI ]

aib than chikarro eihu man meeddako kamal kee saar nehee mool paaee ||

The defect of the body which leads to sin is the mud puddle, and this mind is the frog, which does not appreciate the lotus flower at all.

Bauru ausqwdu inq BwiKAw boly ikau bUJY jw nh buJweI ]2]

bhour ousathaadh nith bhaakhiaa bolae kio boojhai jaa neh bujhaaee ||2||

The bumble bee is the teacher who continually teaches the lesson. But how can one understand, unless one is made to understand? ||2||

AwKxu sunxw paux kI bwxI iehu mnu rqw mwieAw ]

aakhan sunanaa poun kee baanee eihu man rathaa maaeiaa ||

This speaking and listening is like the song of the wind, for those whose minds are colored by the love of Maya.

Ksm kI ndir idlih pisMdy ijnI kir eyku iDAwieAw ]3]

khasam kee nadhar dhilehi pasi(n)dhae jinee kar eaek dhhiaaeiaa ||3||

The Grace of the Master is bestowed upon those who meditate on Him alone. They are pleasing to His Heart. ||3||

God cannot be obtained by mere words, repeating his name and doing Kirtan while in love with Maya and yourself. The BIGGEST SACRIFICE OF LOVE IS MADE IN SIKHI where we give up all of our loves (ie Maya) for God. That’s what makes Sikhi special. For example, Mata Gulab Kaur was at first attached to her husband who told her to read bavan akhri and sukhmani sahib. But when he left this world, she turned her love to God instead. Through this, she became a saint. Her life story is written in bhai sahib randhir singhs biography. (if anyone wants to read it, I can put it up, just ask). After all the things that happened in 1984 and after, I would have thought both singhs and singhnis would have devoted their life more to God and taken it more seriously.

Oh yeh, and those of you who keep on saying do ardaas, its not that simple. Firstly, if you have not taken Amrit, ie have Guru Nanak as your Guru, your ardaas won’t be heard by him, as he won’t recognise you. Secondly, you can’t expect Guru Ji to bless you if you haven’t served him, this isn’t how Worship of God works. You have to learn to become True Servants or just Don’t Take Amrit, if you cannot give your head. Prepare and work hard before taking amrit and learn and understand the importance of Amrit. Amrit is the first step and the first most easy rehat is to keep hair, which shouldnt be a problem for anyone. Sikhi goes much deeper than these worldly matters.

Oh yeh, and someone said Sikhi is like licking a stone, yeah at first but this is the test of love which is the opposite of Maya, where we get the pleasure instantly from Maya, but for Naam and Bani it takes time and effort. BUT THE PLEASURES ARE REAL AND AMAZING! By the way I’m a Singh, he he.

Gurfateh!!

Penji, i havent been on this forum for a long time, but your post really touched me.

We all have to start somewhere, and everyones 'journey' is unique. I was told once, that sometimes sikhi is like licking a stone, you dont get anything out of it, but stick at it, those who put their efforts in, reap what they sow.

I hope mahraj does kirpaa on you, all the best penji :)

gurfateh jee

Tarrandeep Kaur

sikhi is like licking a stone at first for beginners, then later the sweetness will be tasted.

Yeh sorry, didnt explain myself properly. Basically, even though at first you may feel that you're not gaining anything, keep at it, the more baani and naam simran you do, and the kirpaa mahraj blesses u with; results in the sweetness that will be tasted later on.

So basically, dont give up, even if you dont think your getting anything out of it.

vahiguroo

Sorry Bhenjiz i no im not a singhni but i just really wanted to say something

I have been in contact with a bhenji that has a dhari that is bigger than alot of singhs.

She keeps her hair no matter what is said to her or how she feels. I just wanted to say that i have so much respect for

her, because i have never seen a singhni with that much hair on her chin and still have that strong sikhi to keep it.

I cannot even start thao describe how much respect i feel for her.

but at the end of the day, you have taken a step that is big in your eyes. That is the main thing. You have taken one step in sikhi,

waheguru and the guru will take 1000 steps towards you!

Wahegurooo!!

^^ woww what an amazing gursikh!!!

No matter how many people say its easy to keep hair in this day and age..ITS NOTT! for a man its hard..even harder for a woman! were continuously told have our face a hair free zone and how beautiful women look with makeup. Its not easy to live in society when you dont fit in. They really are truly beautiful who keep their faces just like waheguroo gave them! So i just wanted to say i feel SOOO inspired when i see bibia whos faith stays strong despite the pressure from society.

As for the original posster..well done :) loll its good that youve started to keep your hair..next stop..eyebrows and upper lip as your hair is a gift from god,worth soo much more then anything else!

i would say to go into the saadh sangat more, be around gursikhs who are on the same path as you as i think the people who around you have a big affect.

and most importantly JAP NAAM!! Don;t waste these precious seconds..there never coming back!! wahegurooo!

Wjkk wjkf.. :)

I also want to add that there is another Singhni who keeps faicial hair which is quite long. She once saw a singh with beautiful long dhari, and SHE THEN DID ARDAAS TO GURU JI TO BLESS HER WITH THAT DHARI TOO!! CHARDI KALA! Shes been blessed by Guru Ji.

I agree with GuptKaur1 with the sangat thing, as sangat has a large effect on people. The best sangat to keep is of Naam Abhiyaasi Gursikhs, Naam and Bani. To constantly read bani is actually also doing sangat of Guru Ji and God. Even going to Ransbais and singing kirtan the whole night will save us as Gurbani states.

I'm really glad I posted on here now. I'm not just saying it but your advice has already started to help me so much.

Thanks to you all xxx

P.S

The post where it said 'that's what sisters are for' - thank you, that comment was radiating with love and i remember it several times a day.