Around The World In 80 Faiths.

Bundha

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he had like only five minutes or so on each faith, but I some how feel an opportunity missed.

I think he focused on the swords and weapons, there was no mention at all of the spiritual side, no amritwella, no panj banies no concept of Naam simran, and it was a shame that he didn't meet anyone that was articulate, the guys/sangat he met at Hazoor sahib gurdwara didn't really say much. The Baba Ji were awesome, I just wished he could have got across the deeply spiritual side the - Naam japo, kirat karo, wand shacko - side of Sikhi. Pity there was no mention of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and just a passing mention of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

I hate when they say Guru Gobind Singh was assassinated, because he wasn't. If you are assassinated you get killed straight away. He managed to kill his attacker and died later. And i bet those Sikhs were thinking "what is this guy on" When he was more interested in talking about dishes, and how he use to wash plates for a living or something than talking about actual Sikhi. I thought he came to learn about them, not tell them about his life story. He managed to make our religion seem really violent, when arms was only used as a last resort. Still it was a good programme though.

come on guys, i'm sure everyone will say the same about their faith not having enough airtime on that show as it only gives each one 5-10 minutes. and you cant blame him for his first impressions or acting like outsiders do. anyway with the sikh channel we can make all the programmes we want so its not all bad.