Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhh Punjabis

Simran9

Mum came from india and brought my cousin's Wedding cassete with her. We were watching it yesterday and the scene changed to the Reception thingy. There was this guy singing punjabi songs and then there was this highly made up kuri dancing (part of the music group).

The clothes were soo western like, bare belly ohmy.gif and all the drunken uncles were trying to dance with her. I told my dad to forward to the next bit.

Are punjabis so under the influence of sharab, money that they cant see what is right or wrong.

:umm: @ :D @ :( @ saw my younger cousin trying to do bhangra with the kuri and she was probably 5 yrs older than him.

GuruFatehJi.

We should be thankful, if we know what is good and bad, that we are not like those who are on the wrong side of things. Imagine, how easy it is for any one of us to be one of them, it could have been, can be . . . who knows? But why are we on the 'right' side? Kirpa. Waheguru's Mercy upon us, for reasons only He knows we are worthy of.

We should pray for those who are in the midst of unGodly acts, because it could easily have been us. Then what? If we pray to Waheguru to bless them too with the understanding that He has blessed us with, maybe someone out there would also pray for us for things we are unknowlingly or intentionally doing that are also unGodly.

Remember what we learn from our daily Ardas . . . 'Sarbat Da Bhalla' . . . Good for all, God for all.

Blessings and peace unto all.

Veerji, i don't know if any of you remember but there was a discussion for about 5 months ago when i said that at normal punjabi wedding there are girls dancing like prostitutes and old men wanting to dance with them...etc.

And i think Balwinder Singh Bhaji (i am NOT sure) said it does not happen..well bhaji see here. it is very common. Punjab is messed up!

Mum came from india and brought my cousin's Wedding cassete with her. We were watching it yesterday and the scene changed to the Reception thingy. There was this guy singing punjabi songs and then there was this highly made up kuri dancing (part of the music group).

The clothes were soo western like, bare belly ohmy.gif and all the drunken uncles were trying to dance with her. I told my dad to forward to the next bit.

my cousin's wedding reception was the same thing u described Balait da sher ji, and this was in AMRITSAR ohmy.gif

ppl think india is very backwards country and 200 years or whatever behind all these modern countries, but india is actually very advanced :)

actually, back in the 60's and 70's punjabis used to hire singers of those days like kuldeep manak, mohamad siddique, ranjeet kaur, kdeep, jagmohan kaur, etc, for weddings. live dj :@

now they got live dj plus dancin girls :D . or song playing in stereo and dancin girls :wub: