BabaDeep Singh

JSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sadh Sangat Ji, I have a question regarding Baba Deep Singh Ji's shaheedi. I have always seen Baba Deep Singh Ji's picture when he is fighting with his head on his palm and khanda in the other. But few months ago, I read in a book by Sikh Missionary College that Baba Deep Singh got a deep cut on his neck and it leaned to a side. He supported his head with one hand and kept fighting with the other hand.

I have also read the same similar things online, such as on http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/warri...riors/deep.html

Yesterday I was talking to a guy who had links with Sikh Missionary College and he has done their 2 years Course. I shared this with him and he said the following: "We do not believe in Brahmanvad. If Baba Deep Singh's dead actually fell on the ground, the person who reminded baba ji of his promice, did he talk to baba deep singh's head or his body to? Many misleading Sakhis have been added to our history." I kept listening to it... I just want to make sure who is right?

bhul chuk di khima...

Sometimes the problem with Sikh missionary is that they like to be scientific. As a result of this they deny the way Baba Deep Singh Jee got Shaheed, because scientifically a person cannot go fighting the way Baba Deep Singh Jee did. But Sikh missionary should realize that Baba Deep Singh Jee had the power of Naam. With the power of Naam, anything’s possible.

Everything else of Sikh missionary is alright, it’s just this aspect of Baba Jee’s shaheedi which I (and most of the panth) don’t agree with Sikh missionary.

BTW, Sikh missionaries booklet about Baba Banda SIngh Jee Bahadur is one of the best I have read about Baba Banda Singh after Ganda SIngh's book.

Sat Sri Akal:

History says his head was cut off completely, and after the reminder from another Sikh, he picked up his severed head and fought on. This cut and leaning to one side is new material which is not correct as per the traditional history.

It is amazing to me that when someone is unable to comprehend the limitless power of the Almighty that it must immediately be dumbed down to the lowest denominator. Can these Missionary folks show any historical proof (aka. historical accounts) which state that Baba Ji's head was not completely decapitated but merely deeply cut?

I appreciate the work all of these groups do in Parchar, but please do not distort history while doing it just because you cannot believe it. What next? Baba Atal Sahib was not able to reanimate his dead friend? Come on!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Veerji i do believe his head was cut off, cuz there is a place in harmandar sahib that is marked where baba deep singh jee's head felll after he placed it in darbar sahib.

Bhul CHuk Maf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

SHAHEED JATHEDAR BRAHM GIANI BABA DEEP SINGH JI KHALSA had his head cut off and he held it in his hand while fighting.

I wont go into too much detail and will try to keep this short.

SIKHI is not about logic...its about SHARDA. If it was about logic, explain Guru Nanak Dev Ji's PUNJA hitting the rock, explain Guru Arjan Dev Ji sitting on a hot plate, explain Bhai Taru Singh Ji's scalp being ripped off.

Explain Bhai Mani Singh Ji's body being cut limb by limb and still reciting Sri Japji Sahib. His limbs were thrown into a basket after being cut and it is witnessed by the executioner that the Bhog of Sri Japji Sahib occured in the basket. Some how he kept on reciting Bani.

These are just a few examples of many, I'm sure you all know more.

REMEMBER THIS KHALSA JI:

There were MUSLIMS around that time who kept records and journals as well. Ever read Jahanghir, Aurangzed or any other Muslim's journals????

The MUGHALS who were fighting BABA DEEP SINGH JI....they wrote in their journals that they WITNESSED BABA JI and OTHER SINGHS fighting without heads. So are the Muslim's records wrong as well??? Why would they make the SINGHS look good by writing about them??

Bottom line is....dont look at everything logically...if you do....you wont understand what SIKHI really is. Science does not believe in GOD...so dont let science control and dominate your thought process.

i hope this makes sense, forgive me for any mistakes.

Singh

Jujhari made an ECELLENT POST

Sikh missioanry is doing a GREAT JOb

but i was surprised by this facct ohmy.gif Ofcourse Babab Deep Singh jee's head went of in the battle!

thats new to me tha SM doesn't believe in it :T:

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

I also believe that Baba Deep Singh faught without his head, but some ppl have hard time believing it. That Sikh missionary person also said that Sikh religion is scientific religion, but he doesn't know that Science doesn't belive in God.

Guest mehtab

JO TAO PREM KHEDAN KA CHAAO. SER DHAR TALI GALI MERI AAO, and Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Jee stood upto this perfectly. Long back when i wasn't into Sikhi, i saw Nihangs perform Gatka in the middle east ( surprised? rolleyes.gif ). i didn't know anything about Sikhi. My mama who is a few years older to me was with me and had done all his schooling in Punjab, where he also studied Sikh history. The name of the leader of the jatha performing was Deep Singh, and thats when my mama told me about Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Jee. This was the first time i heard about Babaji, and believe me, i was amazed as to how he fought without his head!

ok whats next : oh Guru Gobind Singh Jee cut the goat's head not the panj pyaare's ( so we are supposed to be what? goats or lions? :umm: )...oh thats not Guru Nanak's hand imprint on that stone ( yea they had laser technology back then:D )

FAITH my friends...FAITH...FAITH can do everything for u...i agree Sikhi is the most logical religion, but look at real life...besides the X-files, i am sure u all know certain things that happen in daily life that have no logic

al/scientific/rational explaination.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

FAITH my friends...FAITH...FAITH can do everything for u...i agree Sikhi is the most logical religion, but look at real life...besides the X-files, i am sure u all know certain things that happen in daily life that have no logical/scientific/rational explaination.

ROCHAK VEER, vah vah.... u hit the nail on the head

and ill leave this post with a quote from justice league

"Faith; Your Not Supposed to Understand It, You Just Have It" - Aqua Man

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

SIKHI is not about logic...its about SHARDA.

this is true ........ but modern day sikhs believe in science and logic more then in naam..... if u have the power of naam like dhan dhan shaheed baba deep singh ji did .... u would be surprised what laws of nature u could break ..... his head was completely cut off ..... u can vist gurudawara shaheed ganj in the darbar sahib complex for proof

bhul chuuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!