To All The Girls That Have Taken Amrit,,

Guest blahhhhhhh

I've been watchin gthis topic for some time and it has been interesting to see what people think.

I am female, amritdhari and wear make up but not jewellry. Let me explain my logic.

For me, I am quite insecure about my looks, if i were to go to the gudwara or to a public place without any make up (bearing in mind, this is not shed loads of colour, or fancy make up, just a thin layer of foundation to make my skin appear mark free) I would feel as though people are staring at me and feel really insecure. Therefore I wear a tiny bit of foundation all over just to smooth over my skin to allow me to concentrate on my Sikhi (might sound really strange) but it means my mind isn't jumping around thinking about who's looking at me etc n i cant really listen to katha/paat/kirtan etc.

It's not a thing to look better or more attractive, i suppose its for my own sanity. i appreciate everyones views that it is alterating our original appearance, which i guess it is, and i agree, but it is a way to allow my mind to focus on what is important.

The argument about whether it attracts men to look at you, all i would say is that some of the singhniya i have seen at the gudwara and around and about, are absolutly stunning without make up too, so there is nothing to day that they wouldnt find those women lustful too. So i don't want to sound as though i'm passing the buck here, but i think thats down to the guys to control.

If it were up to me, i wouldn't wear make up, but feel as though i need to at the moment. So please do not blanket us as still materialistic. I certainly am not. And that is why i do not wear jewellry, as i believe it portrays an image of ego. You may think it contradicts my argument for make up, but there is no confidence related to jewellry where as there is to make up. Jewellry, in my opinion, relates to materialism. Not make up.

I do apologise if that was all nonsense, i hope you understood what i meant.

Penji, i still can't understand why would need to wear makeup. What about a bibi who gets facial hair? Your reason seems minor when it comes to Bibis who have facial hair. Some bibis I know are really strong when it comes to that and walk out proudly without any fear of what others think. Naam should be your only support. If you start doing more naam abhiyaas and gurbani abhiyaas, you wil start realising who you are, not what you see from the outside. All that will seem pointless.

gurfateh

gurufateh g

when it comesw to facial hair i found a solution

this may sound crazy but ut works

see i used to have harmone probs which made my face hair grow like crazy

thn i lost weight and now i eat less n this may sound bad but its true

EAT DAL FULKA FRUITS VEGGIES PRANTA WHATEVER JUST STAY AWAY IF POSSIBLE FROM OVERDOING IT ON BAHR DI ROTI AMERICAN FOOD IS POISON LOLZ

nah but seriously once in a while its kk but the best is dal roti dhee alu mattar raita and of course kheer and the gulabi milk (lol thats what i call it anyways the amazing pink dudh that they give us on Satguru Arjun Dev Jis Gurupurab :):)

iv e lost 85 plus pounds in 2 months wid this secret n my face hair is gone

that was my only fear about amrit but thn u know what in the end BANI CURES US

NOW I EVEN GO OUT WITH MY LITTLE HAIRS ON MY LEGS BECAUSE U REALIZE THAT THESE HAIRS R MEANT TO BE THERE

even the thin hairs on my face i have managed to realize that rom rom vase hari

Gods in each one and they add to our raidiance

I CALL THEM MY LITTLE MALA LOL

WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU

now i go to college wid (nothing hoochi of course ( like capris and maybe a skirt (decent not tight ) with my hairy legs and no0one even treats me different even when i go outside noone gives it a thought

noones asked yet but if they were to id just b like i dont cut my hair cause i dont want to i love it like this i mean come on God is in every blade of grass

bhanjis throw the makeup you r beautiful

tell me is THE DAUGHTER OF GURU GOBIND SINGH AND MATA SAHIB KAUR THE SISTER OF THE SAHIBZADAY ( OR SON) CAPABLE OF LOOKING ANYTHING LESS THAN GLAMEROUS

HAVE SOME FAITH PENJIAA AND VEER JIS

U R BEAUTIFUL SACHE NO NEED FOR MAKEUP OR BLEACH LOVE URSELF AND OTHERS WILL LOVE U MAKE UR SOUL BEAUTIFUL AND UR FACE WILL GLOW I PROMISE DONT B AFRAID GURU JI IS HOLDING HIS HAND OUT TO U :):) :) :) :) :)

of course i know its so hard and b4 amrit ill b the first to admit ive been through fights with the razor and the bleach (btw bleach is the worst thing itll make ur hair stronger and it will bruise ur face well scar it kinda)

i remember fighting with the mirror so many times and than hating myself when i feel

those days of going matha taking with tears in my eyes sobbing at guru jis feet angry and hurt and worst of all disapointed

this is a battle so many girls face

i remember when i used to look in the mirror i would see a block to my beauty

now all i see is once again my mala

on my arms my legs and face and head on my knuckles it is my mala

my magnetic field my radiance

each hair is beautiful and full of life full of God

i never wanna hurt them or disturb their simran by cutting them off they have rou in them too

now jewelery hmmmmm havent thought about it i mean in the end neither of these things should b called wrong cause we r all on different steps and bani makes our souls stronger

for me i love my neclace with my daddys picture (Guru Gobind Singh Ji) and my panj piaray encouraged pictures of Gurus so i love it

see its crazy cause before i never really wore too much jewelery but i loved to dress in a red suit and put on indian stuff lol like a dulhan

now as im learning how to tie a dastar ill say one thing n its full truth

i feel more beautiful and maha rani princess like perfecting the dastar along with khanda or chand whatever mood im in :) than any other outfit

ive never worn a chola yet but ima buy one soon and i cant wait now i love my blue salwar kameez with blue n orange

vasay my point is trust bani and dont worry about these things whether ur wearing it now or not keep up the bani and faith and it will come naturally the glow n confidence :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must stress a key point that seems to be overlooked in my last contribution. I wear make up not for the approval of others (though i appreciate your argument and see how it could be interpreted in that way) it is so that i can control my mind and focus on what is important. Instead of it jumping around and being self conscious.

I know that many of you are right in saying that this feeling will control itself without the make up and other so called materialisms once my sikhi, knowledge and understanding increases, but until then i see this as a short term solution, i would love not to care about these things, but right now i do and its not a matter of just taking it off and job done. i did try believe me, and it makes you feel so uncomfortable but you just want to get out of there (there being any public place) as soon your legs can take you. so i think it should be appreciated that this is quite a sensitive issue, requiring patience, understanding, support and guidence.

whilst there are many girls out there that do just wear make up for the materialistic elements, i think girls like me should not be forgotten and remember that different people have different reasons for thier actions...

Guest blaaaaaaaaaaah

vjkk vjkf

its annoying when u see bibia wearing make-up! esp when ur the onli bibi in that place that dosn't cuse u get ppl asking u y dnt u wear make up,,,i tell them why i dnt wear make up i wldnt even go near the stuff! its realli hard,,,,wen u try n tell them it says in gurbani, not to wear make up,,it lyk wel they do it so u must have the wrong idea...its jst ur thinking,,,,and then they get into an argument with u..and all the antiya gang up on u,,,,,its so annoying! and its lyk stay away from our kids ur teaching them wrong stuff!!!! u jst wna knock sum sence into the biba that do wear make up! whats the point? it makes ur face look like plastic! y not jst be happi with what u got!? .uve basicaly got nothing to stand on becuse distar tying biba are wearing make up! i knw we shldnt judge ppl becuse distar tying bibi tht wear make up may havae much more baani naam inside them more than a bibi that don't wear makeup! the confidence thing....its ur mind playing tricks on u....u shld be confident uve got a crown! what else do u need?! that should give u enough confidence! we should be unique.....i dnt understand how biba can walk into mahrajs darbar with their faces coverd in colour!!!

come on!! we're meant to be unique!!!! how r we goan do that if biba are acting lyk goria! wats the point in wearing make up man...its horrible! makes ur face 10 timmes worse!!!! u onli feel ugly becuse u think ur ugly! no ones ugly! esp if ur guru da sikh!

argh so annoying!!!!

im really sorry if i hurt anyone...its jsut what i feel, it hurts wen u see biba wearing make-up,,,why are they covering there natural beauty,,,its jst lyk there tryin to fit in with scociety,,,,there,s no point init.........

vjkk vjkf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

hehehe..........topics like this always make me giggle........remember we are here for a purpose.............to obtain jeevan mukhti..............it realy is that simple..........all else is a distraction.........if we cannot see past our physical inperfections............how are we to identify our spiritual inperfections? we cannot apply makeup and foiundation to them so God doesnt see them can we.................?

:)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

No.........you are not very far from it at all my beatiful singhni................once i was franticly looking for my car keys as i was late for an apointment only find i was holding them in my hand the whole time...........but i was so worried about being late..........i failed to noticed something that should have be plainly obvious to me..........this is where we are all are failing to see God standing next to us...........inside us........amogst us...........but we loose focus........loose focus on what we are here for............why we are here...........just bring urself back into focus and only thing we shall then fear is Him and only Him..........

:)

This is the problem with our people, we always want to put people down.

I would rather have a bibi wearing make up and staying in the Panth than her going out clubbing, drinking and keeping the wrong sangat.

We have a lot of problems within our community and sorry to say, this aint one of the biggest issues we are facing, if you choose not to wear make up thats chardi kalaa but it does not make you any more of a Sikh than the next person, always remember any one at any time can fall of the path.

I know of bibia who wear dastar, dont wear make up, have facial hair etc who still have got up to no good whilst being in that roop and I know "monia" who carry themselves so well that it makes me happy to see that their are still some gems within the Panth that arent even into Sikhi but still keep the core Sikh values of self respect and honouring your family.

Whats more important is our women keeping their dignity intact and having knowledge of their roots.

Sikhi is not simply a bunch of do's and dont's, we need to remember Sikhi is all about courage, respect and honour. If we cant respect each other how are we gonna respect the rest of the world?

Lets help each other in positive ways, sorry to say but a lot of Singhs/Kaurs on here are just rude, have no manners and dont know how to speak to people. People wont listen to you if they think you are looking down on them or judging them.

If you choose not to wear make up thats great, I mutha tekh you but remember just as you say Vaheguru is in every rom on your body, Vaheguru is in every other person and being in the Universe. Lets talk to people with respect.

Bhul Chuk Maaf if I said anything which is against the teachings of Guru Panth Khalsa.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Oh Waheguru...

I think Gursikhs, like JustME penji said, are forgetting the reason we're here. In the very end when we leave this world I think a lot of us are going to realise only then that we have spent our lives either indulging in useless activities or arguing over whether they're are right or wrong.

If we keep rehit and follow Guru Maharaj's every bachan we would never have such insecurity and doubt in our minds.

For those of you bibia who still wear make up and jewellery, you may deem the whole world as wrong but you can't say your Guru was wrong.

Read Bavan Akhree, read ithihaas...

y not wear the jewelry??? our Guru Gobind Singh Ji is our father. and our father was not a poor homeless man. HE is the master and emperor of the universe. HE adorned himself with jewelry. we are the princes and princesses of the TRUE KING. so u better damn well beleive that we r going to wear jewelry and decorate ourselves.