tel me what ur veiws are plz!

right i had this conversation with somebody about amrit shaak, n like i go to this person i know for every sikh before death they wish to take amrit. this way people say they go to heaven and get connected to god etc u know wa i mean hunna?

wel this mate of mine said he don't think he'l ever do amrit shaak right, but this what he beleives that if he can liv life without the 5 evil things that are mentioned in the ardas u knw like Kaam = lust, Karodh = anger, lobh = greed, Moh = attachment ro worldly things, Hankar = false pride then he beleives why shouldn't he be sent to heaven just like a amrit thaari's and be connected to god? so does that mean to be a sent to heaven n be a good person u have to take amrit? even tho he does eat meat n cuts his hair but doesn't do any other harmful things does that means he stil not goin to reach god? cus i kinda agree with this person even tho i'd like 2 do my amrit. but if i cant do amrit then but i stil stay away 4m evil am i stil not goin to be known as a good person?

just something thats troubling me and want ur veiws hunna! if iv said anything wrong then please 4give me.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

interesting question. but a bit more complicated than it seems.

One thing we have to understand is that taking amrit is the FIRST step, just by taking amrit..it doesn't mean that you automatically become a good person...sikhi path is as sharp as a slither and as narrow as a hair "khunayo thikhee valoh nikee (anandh sahib)"

Taking amrit initiates you into the khalsa panth and give you the chance to make it to such khandh. without taking amrit there is a limit to how much spirituality you can achieve through simran.

just because amrit doesnt' make you a good person it doesn't mean that it isn't important. let me give you a good reason why, and it may not be the explanation that ppl want to hear, but it's something that really gets you thinking. If someone as great as the guru..GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE took amrit, eventhough He was already such a great spiritual leader and a perfect gursikh...who are we to even question the importance of amrit??

If we can accept the fact that without taking amrit we are not sikhs, and we are following our own principles then it is fine...but if you want to believe that you are a sikh then amrit is something that shoulnd't even be questioned. you shouldn't have to think about taking it or not taking it. Guru Gobind Singh JEe says "rehit piyaaray mojh ko, sikh piyaara naya" With rehit one is not a Sikh.

Giving your head to the Guru, is the first thing one needs to do inorder to become a sikh.

Piyaari bhen jee, you will still be a good person even if you don't take amrit, but being a good person i

sn't the only thing you need to make it to such khandh...or you can say God' court.

Bhul Chuck Maad Kaarnaa Jee

im so glad u replied cus what u just said was so meaningful and tru i totali get u. but thing is there is a bit where u said we shouldnt question amrit and i understand that, but my mate said to me once which also made sense, life is for so we can question, if we don't question we can't learn you get me.

im jus worried about this amrit shaak, i know how powerful it is and i know i should take it before death but i don't know if i could do it i guess got to wait n c hunna!

... he beleives that if he can liv life without the 5 evil things that are mentioned in the ardas u knw like Kaam = lust, Karodh = anger, lobh = greed, Moh = attachment ro worldly things, Hankar = false pride then he beleives why shouldn't he be sent to heaven just like a amrit thaari's and be connected to god? so does that mean to be a sent to heaven n be a good person u have to take amrit? even tho he does eat meat n cuts his hair but doesn't do any other harmful things does that means he stil not goin to reach god?

I'll try to answer your question as best as I can... :umm:

source: Sacred Nitnem published by Singh Brothers

"Nanak jin ko satgur milia tin ka lekha nibrriya" (pg 435)

"Milia is meeting. A devotee is said to have met Guru Nanak, when his soul unites with the Supreme Soul. ONe, who doesnot follow in actions, by words, and with his heart the Divine Teachings, will get no redress simply because he claims himself to be a Sikh of Guru Nanak. The result of the Ture Union of the devotee with the Guru is that his mind becomes calm and immune from the 5 evils, and ever remains attached with God and His Name."

life is for so we can question, if we don't question we can't learn you get me.

Yes, we gotta questions things but not everything cuz my source says:

"Gurbani tells us what the Gurus actually saw and felt themselves."

so if we are Guru's Sikh then we can not question what Guru ji saw cuz what they saw is the TRUTH.

It also says:

"Without following the Divine Sermons, the true union with the Guru cannot be obtained. "

It also says stuff about we will have to render our accounts of our deeds to Dharam Raj. We think that God is not watching us sometimes when we are commiting a sin all alone or behind closed doors but God knows everything. When Dharam Raj is the judge and will look at our accounts and see all the things we have done even those secret ones. When our sins outweigh our good deeds, our soul will be shackled in chains and it will cry loudly and suffer punishment.

"O man you have never remembered and loved God and HIs Name, nor have you shown mercy to others. With what face then will you go to the next world and what reply will you give to the Judge of Truth?" i thinks that's pg 1106, not sure, but it's said by Kabeer ji.

hmmm....then you wanna add in what bismaadh kaur ji said about taking amrit. she brought some good points about it. Taking amrit is supposed to bring you closer to God the way i see it. There are certain requirement you know, like reading the 5 bania everyday, and these 5 bani remind you about God and whatever else it says. 5 K's also remind u about the purpose of a sikh and a sikh's rehit and relation to God....

hope this helps...i tried my best.

hmm.... nah i understand what u both said and yeh i do know bout taking amrit all the stuf i need to do. thing is know this and that but its the heart til that doesnt fully beleive you cant do much hunna u get me. but i respec what u said u got sum real gud stuf there u got good knowledge gyal. respec to u and thank you for helping me appreciate it alot.

im so glad u replied cus what u just said was so meaningful and tru i totali get u. but thing is there is a bit where u said we shouldnt question amrit and i understand that, but my mate said to me once which also made sense, life is for so we can question, if we don't question we can't learn you get me.

im jus worried about this amrit shaak, i know how powerful it is and i know i should take it before death but i don't know if i could do it i guess got to wait n c hunna!

Death can come anytime - lets remember that -

I personally am quite scared of death - why?

cause I yet havn't taken Amrit :umm: @

or a Gurmukh yet :D @

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Dear Aman Kaur,

Your friend is talking about heaven...well, in sikhi we don't have a heaven so it's not like the Christian concept where if you are a good person you will go to heaven.

Sikhi is the only religion that actually allows you to become one with guru sahib and to do this you do need to take the first step and become amritdhaari, but that is not all...there are various other things that need to maintained, such as rehit, simran, amrit vela, etc..

However, at this moment in time my dear sister, you need to feel you can take this step in you heart and mind. You need to accept that you have to give your head to the guru and live life according to guru ji's hukum.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

What's the Truth behind this AMRIT ?

Page 119, SGGS

The Shabad is Amrit, The Lord's Bani is Amrit !

It is not water taken in a Gurudwara, 'blessed' by people like you and me with some prayers, who think they can administer this AMRIT to the many millions seeking salvation, is it... ?

For those who dont know, believe or have been brain washed by so called 'peers' 'scholars', 'learned', blah, blah, blah into beleiving anything else, here lies the TRUTH.

Do I hear, objection your honour...?

:umm:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As for Heaven & Hell ?

Hell

Where is that ? Right here where I'm sitting on Planet Earth. In hell there is birth and death for creatures of all kinds and the human beings. These (creatures + humans) can be reincarnated in the millions of forms right here, determined by their actions of good or bad (Sin)..

The Court

At death your soul is carted away from here in Hell, to have its 'Account' evaluated by the Justice Minister. There you are assessed for a stay in Hea

ven or back to Hell again. The coming back to Hell in the many life forms is called reincarnation.

Heaven

If the Justice Minister, having read your 'Account' judges you a stay in Heaven, then your soul is reincarnated in human form to enjoy your stay there. Could be hundreds of years, could be thousands, could be millions ! Only when one gets there and then are awarded a stay in Heaven, is the length of Time known and given. When this Time runs out, then you have to make a trip back where again, but Hell !

For only in Heaven and Hell do you have a form made from the Material, and anything made from The Material is subject to DEATH. Many gods reside in Heaven (Shiva, Brahma, Indira, Ram, Sita & the like) and they all eventually run out of Time and Death brings them back into reincarnation right here again....!! That leaves the last Realm,

THE KINGDOM OF GOD HIMSELF

Nothing is born here or nothing dies here....this is EVERLASTING LIFE.

Easy as that.......................!! :D