Manmohan takes oath as India's PM

Pheena

yeah....

but the main deal here is: whatever he is, whatever his family does, the thing is, aslong as the media says he is Sikh (non-Hindu) and they thinks of him as a 'good-guy'; he is giving Sikhs a good image. for everything else....he is of "no use". whether he does something with those behind 84' we wait and see, but from the stuff you presented it is uncertain.

as the article said: to be a leader in India, you don't need to leave your Sikhi saroop, but your conscience/ideals...and on second thought: we can't expect much of him either...he wouldn't have been the pm if he was all 'pro-panth' or 'pro-punjab'

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason i asked was because it seems for our advantage we claim someone who hasn't taken Amrit a Sikh, yet in this same forum most say without Amrit you are not a 'Sikh'. It is the misconception of the public that anyone who wears a pug and has a Dhari is automatically a Sikh. So which is it....do you allow the misconception because it benefits us or do we stick to the truth of the matter that most on this forum say without Amrit you are not a Sikh?

by no means am i trying to make a contoversial issue out of this...just putting some thoughts down.

Guest mehtab

Pheena veer, as always you make a very good and strong point : Where do we draw the line of definition as to who is a Sikh! Sometimes people are quick to raise the red flags whenever we see a turbanned non-Amritdhari representing Sikhs without even bothering to take a minute and try to figure out what he/she is made of. *sigh*

he's a congress <admin-profanity filter activated>, even vajpayee was a good prime minister, the guy was pure for God's sake, never married....i don't give a damn how good manmohan is, he's a Congress scum bag....Man when is it bad to punish people who murder thousands?! Everyone is like man i don't care if he doesn't say anything about justice for Sikhs Long as he wears his turban for the camera, wow way to go my DALER KAUM, MAN OUR KAUM NEEDS A SLAP IN THE FACE AND A KICK IN THE BEHIND!

simanjit singh mann went to France to protest the ban on the turban and did so much for sikhi and the guy couldn't even win an election in Punjab from his hometown...I'm starting to believe we don't deserve khalistan, we deserve everything happening to us in India.

There were so many people in the elections who were very panthic in their views and all the sharaabi kabaabi punks won, now we have a guy with a turban in the congress party who is prime minister....LISTEN UP WE ALL WANT THE WORLD TO SEE SIKHS RIGHT? AND BY THE WORLD WE MEAN ENGLAND, FRANCE AND CANADA AND AMERICA RIGHT? WELL NEWSFLASH, HOW ABOUT ALL THE SIKH MINISTERS IN CANADA, HOW ABOUT ALL THE SIKH MINISTERS IN ENGLAND, KATHURIA IN AMERICA, WE HAVE HAS SIKH LEADERS IN WESTERN MODERN COUNTRIES, NOW THAT HINDUSTAN THE KING OF HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATONS HAS A SIKH MINISTER EVERYONE IS STUFFING LADOOS IN THEIR MOUTHS...MAKE YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND YOUR TURBANS WILL BE ON TV EVERYDAY!

PEACE OUT.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Wow. Some people here have a lot of built up hatred for the man.

- First of all, if you say he shaved his beard: you are pretty dumb because he obviously has one.

-If you say he trims his beard, he did a pretty crappy job (take a look at several enlarged close up photos) and then why would he need Fixo or gel then (which is also fairly obvious).

- From what I know, a Sikh is NOT THE SAME THING as an Amritdhari Sikh hence why we have the term Amritdhari. He wears a turban, he maintains a beard, he calls himself Sikh... he's Sikh

- Politics is about image. He is well respected, has a bjillion credentials, looks like a Sikh, and as the media has so far portrayed him, a good guy. Thus he is bringing a better image to Sikhism that no amount of money can buy.

Lets give this guy a chance to show his true colors BEFORE we begin to judge him. If we start to hit him down even before he's had a chance all we are doing is hurting the Sikh image in the rest of the world. Let's not forget that this man represents us as a people regardless of if we like it or not. Let's use this representation positively.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

100% with mann kaum....

every1s all excited over jack schit..this guy has done jack <admin-profanity filter activated> for the kaum, can ne one point ne pro 2 it? he take ne action in 84? 92? france turban case??

why do u ppl find that him being PM is ognna change ne thing. he'll be out by febuary mark my words! theres a reason for this either an upcomming slaughter of sikhs which can be covered up by india's "seculrness" with a sikhPM or they're playing with sikh emotions b4 the barsi of 84.