Blue Kashara?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, whats with all of us westerners and our EVERYTHING HAS TO BE IN WRITING?!

in guru sahibs time, NOTHING had to be in writing and what was written was extra from what panj were supposed to tell you!!!

prathham rehath eaehee hai kehee || paahul mai(n) jo si(n)ghan kehee ||

The most important principle is to forever remember the Rehat given by the Singhs at the initiation ceremony.

Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh

guroo kaa sikh hovai so aisee rehith dhee khojanaa karai jaeharree rehith saahib khushee aavai

The Sikh of the Guru should study Rehat and discipline and they should adopt those principles that please the Guru.

Rehatnama Bhai Chaupaa Singh Jee

rehith behith n kabehoo(n) thiaagai ||

The Sikh never abandons the code of conduct.

Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh

Every panthic amrit sanchar says/should say: WHITE KASHERA, SAR

BLOH KARA, SARBLOH KIRPAN (AT LEAST 9"), WOODEN KANGA (NOTTTT PLASTIC)

and depending on where/when you take amrit, UNALTERED KESH, BLUE KESKI, etc etc....

Sat Sri Akal:

"Ok, whats with all of us westerners and our EVERYTHING HAS TO BE IN WRITING?!"

Gotta give it Westerners, you ask them which date Socrates was killed, they STILL can tell you with decent accuracy what date. You ask Sikhs what the origional Rehat was, and you get many different versions. <_<

functionality is important, but it is also symbolic.

why white? because it represents chastity, cleanliness and saintliness. By wearing white there we are showing our commitment to be chaste etc. by not wearing white we are denying this symbol. It must be white, its that simple.

Also, it is practical, ie you know when youve dirties yourself, it stops being white! :wub:

regarding how does it effect your relationship with god? we could say this about everything, oh why should i keep my hair, how will it effect my relationship with god? in fact many monas do say this, or others may say, you can sleep around, it doesnt effect your relationship with god, nangs say this.

You can keep saying whatever excuse or justification you want, but at hte end of the day, gurus hukam is number one and hte more we strive to follow it, the more guru sahib is happy with us. Guru sahib said I love a sikhs rehat and not the sikh themselves.

that is why every rehatnama says one needs to study carefully and follow rehat to the fullest extent. You slowly grow and adopt new rehats day by day.

If a sikh does this, surely he will be most loved and cherished by his guru.

This is just totally nonsense in my point. If your saying that no sikh can wear a non-white kachera .. dats just bull. A chardi kala singh can wear any type of coulour... guru sahib gave us to wear white for those who cant control themselves and to remind tthem that its for purity. If one chooses to wear a different colour kachera its upto them, it will just give them another chance to control themselves. I know many myself, who keep chardi kala rehit, do simran and bani all day long, visit gurdwaras daily and these singhs are from india. We westerners just wanna have everything perfect.

bhul chuk maph for anything i said.

I agree with the points made in the above post.

Colour should be of no significance. Some days I prefer wearing pink boxer shorts, or my baby blue boxers with red lips on it (that was a joke).

But seriously speaking, why should colour matter? Kachera's serve the same purpose regardless of what colour it is.

This is as absurd as Bollywood.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

all amrit sanchaars tell u u have to wear a ravi style kacherra( old punjab style), with nala, and it has to be white

and i have never seen anyone from any jatha ever wear a kacherra that is not white.

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Jee, it is very likely that you have NOT been to ALL amrit sanchaars, so you really don't have any backup to make this kind of a general statement.

And plus, I doubt that you have been looking at everyones kacchera from "from any Jatha" (hope not anyways, lol)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!