What Made Maharaja Ranjit Singh Such A Great Sikh Leader

ok so you have no real evidence to back your previous comment that he was not Amritdhari !

please refrain from misleading people / sangat as we already have many people doing this and it does not help sikhi / panth !!

Dont listen to hear say from people who call themselves sikhs and make up stories to justify there reason for not taking Amrit.

if he did take Amrit - then why was womanising - drinking alchol -- tell me that - there is proof of this - he was not amritdhari .

however don't get twisted just on this - i have deep respect for him for what he did which was kick some real a** and get on with whats at hand. now stop quoting me willy nillly and get on with you need to get on with - and stick to the topic- stop knit picking

Guest dasguruka

apologies as i quoted this in a previous post but forgot to give a reply.

Hazoor Sahib was built well after Guru Gobind Singh's going to Sachkhand. The place where Guru Ji, left this earth, was marked out, but the site was washed away by a flood soon after.

The area was identified and a new gurdwara was built, and it was this building that Maharaja Ranjit Singh had built. Guru Ji supposedly said that whoever builds a Gurdwara in his name will have their family line end, but i havent actually seen or read anything that confirms this, rather it seems to be a tale to explain why Maharaja's family ended. What was shocking for me especially is that the symbol of dedication to the sewa of Gurdwaras, which we ask Waheguru for whenever we do Ardas, can be ignored and people can perpetuate the myth that Guru Ji would say this. In the lives of previous Guru's many Sikhs built Gurdwaras, but there was no such injunction then.

A few years, Nishkam Sewak Jatha guilded the dome at hazoor Sahib, but i havent noticed anything happening to their organisation as per 10th Guru's "saying". Rather they have strenghtened as a result if this sewa.

Maharaja also gave the equivalent weight in gold to Somnath Mandir, that he gave to Darbar Sahib.

It wasn't about the Kaami aspect that I was pointing out Khalsa Ji, rather that Sikhs aren't allowed to engage/marry with Muslims. I heard it in a Katha by Giani Thakur Singh Ji where he also points out that the reason his line ended was because he covered a lot of major places with gold.

if he did take Amrit - then why was womanising - drinking alchol -- tell me that - there is proof of this - he was not amritdhari .

however don't get twisted just on this - i have deep respect for him for what he did which was kick some real a** and get on with whats at hand. now stop quoting me willy nillly and get on with you need to get on with - and stick to the topic- stop knit picking

you obviously can not have a debate ! but instead now choose to get irate because i have questioned you about your comment in a previous post and shown that you make statements without any proof, i will not be taking any more interest in your comments as they are likely to be made up!!

Well then thats why he lost everything in the end just goes to show may be he should have taken amrit, followed the rehat ,so look at history and learn my friend instead of admiring something that could have lasted a lot longer if there had been some discipline. Maybe you should take your own advice first about sticking to the topic, which is what made him a great leader instead of saying he is not amritdhari, which has no relevance to the topic and is you clearly attacking amritdharis., but thats just your own guilt and you will have to deal with that yourself.

you obviously can not have a debate ! but instead now choose to get irate because i have questioned you about your comment in a previous post and shown that you make statements without any proof, i will not be taking any more interest in your comments as they are likely to be made up!!

Well then thats why he lost everything in the end just goes to show may be he should have taken amrit, followed the rehat ,so look at history and learn my friend instead of admiring something that could have lasted a lot longer if there had been some discipline. Maybe you should take your own advice first about sticking to the topic, which is what made him a great leader instead of saying he is not amritdhari, which has no relevance to the topic and is you clearly attacking amritdharis., but thats just your own guilt and you will have to deal with that yourself.

no one is geting irate - if you reread my comments prorperly i have never said cos he wasn't amritdhari - he didn't achieve what he should have - or would have lived longer - how absurd are you.your making up as you go along. LISTEN - HE WAS GREAT BUT THE FACT IS HE NEVER TOOK AMRIT- FOR THAT REASON WE SHOULD ALL REPECT AMRITDHARI OR NON AMRITDHARI - AS AT PRESENT WE DON;T IN THe KAUM- even NON AMRITDHARI HAVE AND CAN ACHEIVE GREATLY AS HE DID. AMRITDHARI DOESN'T MAKE ONE SPECIAL - WE SHOULD ALL TRY OUR BEST AT CONTRIBUTING TO SIKHE NO MATTER WHAT-

Hopefully that may clarify wheere iam coming from - no more on this from me.goodness me.

AMRITDHARI DOESN'T MAKE ONE SPECIAL

Thats why we do not have a khalsa raj today,The Tenth Maharaj thought it was important that we take Amrit and keep rehat , but i suppose you know better, its these kinds of views that has caused divisions, views like its not a necessity to take amrit to be sikh!!

do you feel good now - i love the way you twisted my words and came out with all this garbage - stick to the topic - amritdhari or not - we all have to contribute to sikhe - some more than others -whether amritdhari or not - we all owe sikhe. Calm down darling stop twisting and taking my words out of context - this is what is wrong with youth - hope admins are paying attention