Grays Sangat Votes To Allowe Alcohol, Meat And Tobacco

Guest Reporter

Even a five year old kid would tell you that Meat and Sharab should never be allowed in Gurdwara premises.OR meat and sharab accepted under the banner of the gurdwara.

This is outright beadabi and a lack of respect of Maharaj.AND should not be tolerated by the sikh community.

How can there be a vote for something which is forbiden in Gurbani in the first place ???

Mans need to fix up real soon .. otherwise there will be BIG problems in the future.If alcohol and meat is allowed ; what can one say to their kids??

The kids would say were allowed to eat meat because they do it in the gurdwara.

Whats going to happen is alot of the youth will get confused and become vulnerable ;because of our weakeness within the panth.

This is an absolute disgrace what has happened at this Guru Ghar. Is there no way an extraordinary meeting can take place and the whole Committee be dissolved and THROWN OUT - even the 8 who were coaxed into having a open meeting - they have shown a complete lack of courage and total poor judgment.

In protest NO one should book this hall for ANY parties let it FALL INTO RUIN as a reminder to the ANTI-SIKH's

Can we hear from the Sangat who are part of Grays Gurdwara -

WHAT is happening locally about this PLEASE?????

Only the one who practices sin fears. The virtuous one is always happy. Why should we fear anybody, when we know the Lord is just?'

(Guru III, Sri Raag : Guru Granth Sahib Jee)

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fathe

There is no point wearing a bana and going to renshabias and organizing kirtan programs etc etc where there is biadbhi we just turn a blind eye and say nothink we need to stand up because this kind of disrespect towards mahraj could spread nationally or even spread internationally and the panth will fall and the new up and coming generation will get more far and far away from sikhi.

when i heard about this i was very very upset about this that the holy sadsangat voted in meat alcohol,meat and tobacco and it will be allowed in a guru kar.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fathe

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fathe

There is no point wearing a bana and going to renshabias and organizing kirtan programs etc etc where there is biadbhi we just turn a blind eye and say nothink we need to stand up because this kind of disrespect towards mahraj could spread nationally or even spread internationally and the panth will fall and the new up and coming generation will get more far and far away from sikhi.

when i heard about this i was very very upset about this that the holy sadsangat voted in meat alcohol,meat and tobacco and it will be allowed in a guru kar.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ke fathe

more & more GuruGhar Committees are trying to appease people that don't even want to be there in the first place. I attended one wedding and some people yelled at the Giani to hurry up so they could attend the party, fortunately he replied "if there's no need for the Anand Kaaraj why don't you go straight there?"

nobody is saying give up meat, alcohol & cigarettes. just not around the GuruGhar or funded by it, is that such a big ask?

call up and encourage these kind of "GuruGhar Parbandhak Committees" that rather than invest donations on adjoining Party Halls that such premises & money instead be used for betterment of local community & society. E.g. Medical area for free health checks & blood donations, better gurmat schools & camps, soup kitchen for homeless, better pay to employ educated chardhi kalaa Gianis, sewa groups for ex-offenders, drug rehab centers, etc.

01375 376086

http://www.panthic.org/articles/5258

Essex, UK (KP) – With great shock, shame and disgust, Khalsa Press was been informed that on Sunday 30th May 2010, the 12 member Committee of Grays Gurdwara were overruled by the local sangat who ignorantly voted to allow the serving of meat and alcohol at parties that would be held at the premises of the Gurdwara complex.

Eight of the twelve Gurdwara committee members were against the proposal to allow meat, alcohol and parties at the annexed hall within the Gurdwara complex, however four members were in favour. The four members managed to influence the remaining committee to have an Annual General Meeting open to the local Sangat, in which they strategically placed a large number of their family members within the voting sangat who were then able to swing the vote in their favour.

Although common sense for any Sikh, the Akal Takht Sandesh of 2006 strictly forbade meat, alcohol, intoxicants, singing, dancing or any activities that go against the principles of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji on any property owned or controlled by a Gurdwara Sahib. The Akal Takht Sandesh was articulately presented to the local Grays sangat, however the Sandesh was completely ignored and disrespected by the voting Sangat.

Around nine independent individuals from the wider UK sangat (not from Grays) attended the AGM but were not allowed to participate in the vote and were later verbally and physically abused as they questioned the sacrilegious decision made by the local sangat. One of the individuals had his turban pulled and was then assaulted by members of the local Grays sangat as he left the Gurdwara hall after voicing his concerns.

Subsequently, at the end of this AGM a sub committee was formalised to manage the bookings of this Gurdwara annexed hall. The sub committee is to be headed by a committee member Kewal Singh Grewal.

The entire Sikh Sangat must wake up to this gross violation of Gurmat and disrespect of the sanctity of the Guru’s House. We have received various reports that a small group of individuals in the Leamington & Warwick sangat are stirring trouble and wish to overrule the Gurdwara resolutions passed last year by the Gurdwara Committee which stated that no alcohol, meat or parties could be held on the Gurdwara premises or any building owned by the Gurdwara Sahib.

Individuals and groups that seek to overrule Gurmat and violate the sanctity of the Guru Ghar for their own benefit will be exposed to the worldwide Sikh community and their names will be brought to the light of the Sri Akal Takht.

Details of the Gurdwara Sahib in question from the Charity Commission website:

Grays Gurdwara (Sikh Temple) Details:

President : Gurdip Singh

Registered Charity Number: 1123363

Category : Religious activities

Address: 6 Maidstone Road Grays Essex RM17 6NF

Tel: 01375 376086

Aims & Objectives:

The Objects:

The charity’s objects (the objects) are

1) The advancement and practice of the Sikh religion;

2) Advancement of education in the subject of Sikhism and the Punjabi language; and

3) Provision and maintenance of a hall for recreation or other leisure activities in the interests of social welfare with the object of improving the conditions of life for the inhabitants of the area of benefit. For all the above the area of benefit is the public in the borough of Thurrock and surrounding areas.

Lets keep the momentem going and keep on calling the Gurooghar.

Another avenue which was mentioned before was try to get Sikh Channel involved so keep the call going to them. Another idea of going to the Grays Gurooghar after the rally...this is good idea too. Any other ideas how to take this forward...maybe get the leaders of all panthic jathebandiya to get involved?

This is a bigger issue than just Grays..it affects alot of other Gurooghars throughout the country but lets keep our focus on Grays for now.

WJKK WJKF

Rang the number .... spoke english to get to someone as they have this old uncle who kept picking up the phone and saying no one was there...

In summary the guy said nothing wrong had happened and nothing wrong took place they said that the stories about the singhs getting beaten up were false and kept saying there was nothing wrong,.... he kep asking for my name so i gave it ...he then started saying that this had nothing to do with any body but those from the grays community... he kept asking who i was and why i wanted to know what it had got to do with me .... i told him straight i was guru ka sikh the nation is my community and thus i should be aware what was happening in the presence of my guru, at his house. He did get emotional a few times saying that he was there when they brought the gurdwara premisis etc etc.... i told him look im noit here to judge i just want to know the truth ... i said that if the gurdwara needs mony we'll get it, if they need help we'll give it. i once rememmber a sant saying in a sangat (they were in charge of the langar at amassive proogram at fatehgar sahib) that if all of you didnt turn up tommorrow (to the seva dars) still the GURU ka Langar would be made and ready for distribution he said that it is the GURU's and he makes oit not us we are just the bodys that preform his will. This way the GURU WARA (The house of the Guru) will provide for himself. the interest at my local guru kar is really high (10K+) but i never see any one there in the week however i never seen or heard them not able to pay....

there were many contradictions in what he said ....

1. nothing wrong .... then he stated that they had kicked a few people out for...... wait for it...... taking pictures of women- which he then changed to pictures of women and men.

2. mentioned that the hall is seperated from the gurudwara and is a community hall ..... but did not confirm that it was not part of the gurdwara complex

3. said when i asked if the community hall was being run by the gurdwara commitee .... he said no

4. asked him if they run the community centre under the same charity number and he said no

5. asked my name and address when i started giving it he wasnt interseted ....GUYS DONT BE AFRAID

6. said that who ever was highlightiing this story in media and community was dis honest- i told them not to worry they will do pesh in ffront of maharaj and we will know who is in the wrong also told him the dharm raja knows and wont be listening topeoples excuses

7. oh and he said if i was from the sikh community why dont i speak with someone about the matter to which i said the Akal Tahkat had issued a hukam namma condeming and phobiting meat and alchol within the gurdwara.

feel they are looking to say that its not the gurdwara but thee community hall.... which is run by a seperate committee. guys we should be prepared... does anyone know of a lawyer that could help... i'll pay

Think there will be a new meeting very soon .... could someone from the sangat please inform everyone of the times........

what ever the sangat decides im with them .. if you need singhs or singnia pm me if you need panj payare PM me .... only problem is i work on the weekend and fri which i cant get out of so wont be of much help on these days.... but guru kirpa any of the others

GUY PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SPEAK WITH RESPECT IF YOU SPEAK TO THEM... they maybe wrong but shouting at each other will solve nothing ....

bhul chuk maff

WJKK WJKF