Grays Sangat Votes To Allowe Alcohol, Meat And Tobacco

Guest Reporter

Why aren't Sikh Channel covering this yet? It's been 3 weeks now. Even Des Pardes and Punjab Times have written articles on it this week.

SHAME ON SIKH CHANNEL!!!

[/quote

]

why would sikh channel cover it there is not money in it for them.

they can only make a stand for 17 sikh over alcohole etc in dubai. so that the world think they ARE doing a good job. then people will donate money.

WHY WOULD SIKH CHANNEL STAND FOR GURU, THEY WONT MAKE ANY MONEY.

INFACT I WONT BE SUPRISED IF GREYS HAVE PAID THEN,

SIKH CHANNEL IS A BUSINESS MONEY MAKIN BUSINESS LIKE MOST GURDWARA COMMITEE.

PANTH MEAN NOTHING TO THEM, THEY ONLY INTEREST IN THOSE WHO GIVE THEM MONEY THAT THERE PANTH.

TILL TODAY WHAT MADIA COVER HAVE THEY SHOWN OR DICCUSSED ABOUT THE ARSON ATTACK THAT TOOK PLACE AT BOW ROAD GURDWARA HARLEY GROVE GURDWARA, AND WE EXPECT THEM TO HIGH LIGHT GREY BEADBI

I was wondering if a petition would help, I don't know how to start one but if someone who has started one before could start one I'm sure it could help abit?

its been happening with ramgharia and bhatra gurdwaras for the last 30 years in this country. You say something about them and they cry the 'caste' issue.

Then they should't make 'ramgharia' gurdwarras, if they let go of their caste pride they'd have nothing to cry about! It's crazy how 'sikhs' can make 'ramgharia' gurdwarra's when the caste system was ordered to be abolished by our gurus.

How can you make a gurdwarra for a caste when the person the gurwarra was built to worship was against the caste system?

It's like building a mosque out of pork.

I really don't understand some people......

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Updates to the actions taken by the sangat in relation to the concerns of meat and alcohol being served on the premises of Grays Gurdwara

• Des Pardes weekly newspaper has published their article about the shameful decision made by the Gurdwara;

post-24999-127644223289_thumb.jpg

• Another article has been mail shot to all European Gurdwaras urging their action in addressing the issue.

Satkaar Sabha

satkaar@hotmail.co.uk

It is disgusting to watch people fighting in the Darbar hall .I am sikh by birth and was horrified to hear and see what todays sikhs looking for in guru ghar which supposted to be a worship place.We seemed to forgetting sikh values and meat and shrab become a part of their life.It was also said that when gaini's family member got married meat and shrab was served in the hall in question.Most of older and younger folks are in favour of meat and shrab to be served.It is sad we older folks must have made money but we failed to teach our kids little basic rules of guru's respect.Most of all meat and shrab to be served in the community hall in boundry of gurdwara is totally wrong.It is also said in sikhi that shrab and other nasha distroy mind, body,money etc.

It is disgusting to watch people fighting in the Darbar hall .I am sikh by birth and was horrified to hear and see what todays sikhs looking for in guru ghar which supposted to be a worship place.We seemed to forgetting sikh values and meat and shrab become a part of their life.It was also said that when gaini's family member got married meat and shrab was served in the hall in question.Most of older and younger folks are in favour of meat and shrab to be served.It is sad we older folks must have made money but we failed to teach our kids little basic rules of guru's respect.Most of all meat and shrab to be served in the community hall in boundry of gurdwara is totally wrong.It is also said in sikhi that shrab and other nasha distroy mind, body,money etc.

I was born in Grays and have lived here all my life. I would just like to say that not all of the Grays sangat want meat and alcohol served at the gaudwara. Also, the giani did not have meat and alcohol served at the grays gaudwara when his family member got married so you should get your facts right before you form opinions like these. Our giani is a lovely guy and makes the time and effort to talk to everybody even the youngsters who also have a lot of respect for him.

Sri Akal Takht Sahib responded last week requesting the full names of the Grays Gurdwara Prabhandak Committee members. The following details were forwarded to Sri Akal Takht Sahib, Punjab today

President of the Committee who voted against the notion of meat and alcohol being served on the premises of the Gurdwara

President: Gurdip Singh Dhillion

Committee members who voted in favour of meat and alcohol to be allowed on the premises of the Gurdwara

Gen Secretary : Kewal Singh Dhillon

Trustees : Baljinder Singh Brar

Trustees : Baldev Singh Gill

Building Maintenance : Gurdev Singh Kang

Sub committee formalised on 30 May to manage the Hall

Kewal Singh Grewal

Baldev Singh Dhanoa

We were also informed that the Gurudwara Office direct telephone is 01375 407654

NB. the other number (01375 376086) is a general number that is answered by general Gurdwara sewadars.

Satkaar Sabha

Satkaar@hotmail.co.uk