Disgusting Article On Sikhchic.Com

N30S1NGH

wjkk wjkf

i'm totally against sikhchic, their journalists etc, theirs stance on everything pretty much.

But there is a slight point in this article, Even though I disagree with the majority of it. The topic is likely to become an issue in the UK in the near future too, which is "Public perception".

When we are pushing Sikh agenda's on which the outcome relies on voting by non-sikhs, should we not be receptive to what they may perceive as acceptable?

No, we will never change our appearance to suit anyones books, but in the same light if sullahs sent a full burka lady to speak to MP's for burka rights , or a modern, well spoken non-burka lady to speak for the muslims rights to wear the burka, which one would people be more receptive too? Which one is likely to become a pun and used as scare-stories on the front page of the tabloids?

I think goreh crap themselves easily.. especially since 9/11. .. the vote bank in these situation are normally made my middle class goreh..knief crime, hoodies, turbans, extremism etc etc.. all these things play to their perception.

If we selected a singh who is normally is suited an booted, and wears his Kirpan Sahib underneath his shirt and used him to represent us, it is less likely the far-right types can exploit his image and use him for scare stories. And if successful it will open the gates to all Sikhs, regardless of their appearance... Media savvy tactics?

Lets change the scenario little bit, lets get 3HO sikh guys who wear bana- open beard, kirpan, dumalla with outside attire as well in WS0 organization who can speak french, spanish and english, let see the reaction of these apne confused individuals... would their perception of nihang dumalla or bana worn in public would be same? as pendu? or would it all of sudden be change or be more accepting just because some white dude is wearing it now ??..Ahhh i may hit a nerve or two.

If 3h0 singhs can wear bana in states and represent sikh community there gracefully and if they don't shame wearing it, how come our brothers feel shame supporting singhs wearing bana in public?

Our brothers who love to kiss ignorant type anglo saxon fascist gorreh's back sides need to understand they may not be against the dress but color as they like to think brown color with beard and turban regardless of how posh is dressed belong to tribal groups...they think of us tribal groups but when we learn the language, appreciate the culture, tolerate their culture, integrate with their culture not necessarily annihilate with them..then their perception changes...their perception does not change just by us dressing in posh but their perception changes when we approach them and talk to them in their language, appreciate the culture they have.

Paaji, i agree, but we should have the ability to weigh up the deficiencies of others in various situations as long as our agenda is for panthic betterment. We have to realise there are many stigmas and underlying racial prejudices in society. Do you think our community are less prone to these?

Imagine the door rings at 11pm at your average Panjabi households house. Look through the window, it's a big kala, or a gora. Which one is our elders going to be most weary of?

We don't need to go that road, my point is, we should be wise enough to understand the complete picture, then use our resources that would best return a positive result.

That is all we should be concerned with, the result. No, we should never bow down to demands, no we should never change our appearance for others, but we have enough resources in the Panth to push certain individuals in different scenarios.

It's a very confused article and sends out all the wrong messages to impressionable young Sikhs who maybe wavering about their faith.

Whilst there is nothing wrong with wearing a suit and tie along with dumalla, IF a Sikh wishes to wear his beard loose with a flowing bana there should NOT be an issue. It is the western world's hang-ups about what they THINK society should look like that is the problem.

Until we reach the highest echelons of society on our terms, these attitudes will never change. So we need Sikhs to strive to be the best in their chosen field (whatever that may be) and when somebody asks "What's with all the paraphernalia?", Sikhs will have the confidence to tell people why we look like we do, and why we've reached the top on our own terms.

There's no point in trying to change perceptions from a distance. We need to get amongst these people and change them from within. It's why I always stress the importance of education and learning.

Blapreet singh wore suit and tie. They wrote wrong article.

But dress was not the issue. He was turned out because of kirpan.

In 1930s Swami Vivekanand came to attend world religions conference

at Chicago. He was wearing a safforn chola and a turban. When he spoke

people were mesmerized. There was continuous clapping till he finished

his speech.

To criticize someone's dress is racism.

I understand too that wearing Bana might freak some people out in the general society, BUT he wore this Bana on a different day. It is not asthough he wore Bana to the Assembly Nationale. In addition, this whole thing has to do with the Kirpan being banned from the Assembly not the perception of people to how he looked one random day.

Until this article I had never seen any comment, perception or view point of any non-Sikh person about his wearing Bana, and I read comments on articles a LOT!

Canada is a mosaic of cultures, there isn't a distinct Canadian "style" or garb. The Natives were in these lands first coming 14,000 years ago but you did not see the British and French give up their attire to take up the Natives' attiire. It goes the same for every other culture that comes to Canada. A great deal of people continue to wear their ethnice clothing. I go to school with Somalian-Canadian girls that wear their Hijab and Jalaeeband Jewish kids donning their Hat and suit. Canada is built up of different cultures, and unlike the United States, there is no singular Canadian "style" for us to assimilate to.

Yes for meetings and dealings with Government officials one should wear the attire that is of professinalism in our society over here. This could also go for work or other places where its appropriate. But when walking to the Gurdwara on a Sunday it dosen't matter what one is wearing, wether it be a suit or a chola.

:)

They closed down the comments section. They didn't even post my comment. What's the point in discussing the article if you silence the people you disagree with? Sikhchic.com definately has an agenda they are trying to push. Previously they posted an article asking why Sikhs shouldn't eat halaal, and then it proceeded to attack rehat. http://sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?id=2213&cat=28

i was watching a video of anjem chaudhary before i read that stupid article and honestly anjem chaudharys insane, radical, crazy views... prolly make more sense that views that articles expresses LOL this is upsetting.. but its more upsetting to so many negative comments... if thats mainstream canadian-sikh views.. then man........THEY ARE MESSED UP!! my cousins cousin is a canadian sikh he was so cool....till he got mad at me for talking about 1984 genocide.. ?? and more i get to know about him.. more it upsets me to know that there could be people with such messed up ideology!