Signs Of Kuljug'S End

gurs1kh

I think mankind still has depths of depravity that have yet to be plumbed.

Also if you look at society (not just Sikhs but the general population as well) you'll see that nobody is ready to "awake" from their slumber if you understand my meaning. People have their priorities completely skewed and I can only see things getting worse before they get better.

I think mankind still has depths of depravity that have yet to be plumbed.

Also if you look at society (not just Sikhs but the general population as well) you'll see that nobody is ready to "awake" from their slumber if you understand my meaning. People have their priorities completely skewed and I can only see things getting worse before they get better.

Couldn't have said it better. In a world where we don't know whether the Universe goes on for infinity (which it probably does) and have very little knowledge about the world around us it's easier to live in a bubble and think we control everything in our life. An elderly conservative will likely want to live in his/her conservative neighborhood and not have to ponder the scale of the Universe and where he/she falls in the bigger picture. Spirituality begins by accepting reality - the simple truth, but somehow humans (society) manages to allow the average person to suppress it with things like how old so and so hollywood actor is and who he or she is going out with. Most people never get a chance to experience what real spirituality is and thus will never find Waheguru.

The end of Kali Yuga is far away.

What is about to start is the golden age within kali yuga which will last for 10000 years. I feel this golden age that Lord Krishna refers to is the same Aquarian age western astrologists say we are about to enter. I feel the Golden Age will be set off by some sort of world wide cataclysm. It won't be the end of the world but many will die and society as we know it now, will completely change. This will cause fear in many people and end up turning many people towards spirituality.

After 10000 years, the golden age will end and mankind will be left to live out the remaining (probably many thousands of years) of Kali Yuga.

Might I also add that if anyone is expecting any celestial displays of magnificence in our lifetimes then you'll be sorely disappointed.

My feeling is that the most we or future generations will see is war, bloodshed and horror. The best thing to do - from a Sikh perspective - is live by that wonderful line from Gurbani, i.e. Kaljug meh kirtan pardhana.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything has its own lifespan. Sun is also living a joon and eventually die sooner or later. Many stars just like sun die everyday and with that planets like earth will be gone within a second. We are not even 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001 part of the whole brahmand (universe). All this born and then destroy will continue as waheguru jee wish. To escape this brutal cycle, waheguru jee gave us this manukhi jeevan and the only chance to escape millions of years birth/death lifecycle of 84 Lakh joon (4.8 million - half underwater and rest of the half above water). Imagine being stuck in a joon of mount everest (probably standing in one place for thousands of yrs)

@ S1ngh

Wicked point

and love th quote ..ma plagerise some time ... ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਪਾਠ ਤੇ ਅਰਥ ਸਮਝਣੇ ਤਾਂ ਦਰਕਿਨਾਰ, ਬੁਜ਼ਦਿਲ ਆਦਮੀ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸੁਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ. ਇਹ ਕਾਇਰਾਂ ਦਾ' ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ. ਇਸ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੇ ਇਕ ਇਕ ਅੰਗ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਹਾਥੀਆਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਚਿੰਗਾਰਾਂ, ਕਿਰਪਾਨਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਟੁਣਕਾਰਾਂ, ਤੇ ਘੋੜਿਆਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਰਕਾਬਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਅਵਾਜ਼ਾਂ ਸੁਣਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ।" ਸੰਤ ਜਰਨੈਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਭਿੰਡਰਾਂਵਾਲੇ

Apolagies in advance as my post is not exactly about the topic in hand. My opinion is that we need to not get carried away with this 'all hell is going to break loose' thought process. A moment not in His contemplation is the equivalent of hell for a Gursikh. Simply aim to walk along His path and all else will disolve into insignificance. Everything is subjective, one mans hell is another mans paradise, all we can do is aim to walk along that sword edge like path.