Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana - Fansi Date Set

Guys, both side opinions are right and pretty much align with Gurmat (saint-sipahi ideology)...so stop belittling each other.

One side beliefs saving bhai sahib ji from inhumane form of capital punishment- hanging someone until person chokes to death. Anyway on broader context, its about saving bhai sahib ji - an human being not on a argument that make sikhs look like wussies but on a argument, its about saving an human life on death row, fits right in Saint context of Sikhi.

Second side believes let bhai sahib ji attain shaheedi as he wished for it, nothing wrong with that opinion either, fits right in Sipahi context of Sikhi.

Thats why sangat seems divided which they shouldn't, diversity does not equal to division automatically, diversity is beauty of sikhi..everyone should be proud. If panth can have bhramgyani shaheed sahibzadas attaining shaheedi while fighting enemy in battle field, and have bhramgyani bhai kahniya ji treating wounds of same enemies- on practical level, then why can't sikhs look at things from different googles (saint goggles) and (sipahi goggles).

At the end it all boils down to - if asked bhai sahib that if he prefers shahedi in battle ground than having shaheedi hanged. I am sure he would without any hesitation say- in battle ground.

So while both opinion of sangat are right and fully aligned with sant and sipahi context of sikhi. We should be all (for shaheedi or for saving human life), sign the petition against saving him from hanged until death.

Well said. I'm just glad he got his wish to take Amrit. I hope this inspires other to do the same

i just read somewhere that they have no hangmen in punjab .. pataila jail have refused to hang him aswell (seen on various threads) to me this is the work of the gov who dont want the name of Bhai Balwant Singh JI Rajoana to become amar ...

i agree with both sides of the coin but the bottom line its his choice, and not giving it to him his making his and his family sacrifice seem insignificant ... what will happen if hes not hanged ... life immprisonment (which actually means life not 10 -15 (as this is alrady been spent) unless of course you have some political infulence and that could mean 10 months - but back to topic) if he is not hanged and is locked u for the rest of his life - he's treated badly by officails tey do god knows what ... his family are treated humainly when visiting him

OUT OF CURIOSITY HOW MANY PETITIONS WERE HAPPENING BEFORE THE HANG DATE WAS SET !!!!! - what were we not aware of the situation or was it we wit till he puts a noose around his neck and then we'll sign petitions ...

Guys its great to see that we want to fight for a fellow SIkh but he himself didn't want to appeal ... he himself has requested the death penalty to be carried out asap ... and all these delaying tactics have again divided us

maybe the petitions should be in a different manner - may be they should highlight that the only people to be hanged in the last .... many yrs have been sikh

may be they should higlight that massmurders with life prision terms have been let out

may bethey should highlight that in the so called "worlds largest democracy" sikhs are treated as 2 nd class citizens

May be they should highlight that there is one law for Sikhs and one for hindus and even another for politians

but a petition to save the life of a singh that openly wants to atain saheedi for the kaum ... im sorry it dosnt have my support

N30S1NGH, on 15 March 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

So while both opinion of sangat are right and fully aligned with sant and sipahi context of sikhi. We should be all (for shaheedi or for saving human life), ___

___sign the petition against saving him from hanged until death.

BHAI N30SINGH .. I agree with your views but to confirm did you mean the last sentence as it could be misinterperated the other way if not read carefully

Bhul chuck maff

Waheguru sahia

May Guru JI Bless us all - Sarbat Sangat Da Palla

I realize I made a typo in the last sentence-

Original last sentence:

We should be all (for shaheedi or for saving human life), sign the petition against(typo) saving him from hanged until death.

Revised last sentence (original post edited)

We should be all (for shaheedi or for saving human life), sign the petition to save him from hanged until death.

Bhai saib .. quick question is it humane to keep a lion under lock and key???

he will not get the same treatmenat as these so call politiacl prisoners who get lif a and then are freed after 10 yrs ... his familly will not be let through without being searched ....

you say that

if asked bhai sahib that if he prefers shahedi in battle ground than having shaheedi hanged. I am sure he would without any hesitation say- in battle ground.

yep i agree with you but maybe his battlefeild is this one .. a lawyers battlefeild is the court room ...

his could have been completing the mission and giving his head for the cause to send a message TRUE SIKHS ARE NOT SCARED OF DEATH

I agree. He wants to become shaheed and we should encourage him. All these petitions make us look like cowards

don't use words such as COWARDS against other sikhs and paint everyone with the same brush.

if sikhs on both sides of the sigiing or not sigining the petition want what's best for Balwant singh jee what is your daamn problem?

My understanding is that he has admitted he was involved in the assisination of Beant Singh. The Courts have tried him and sentenced him to death, based on his admission (they could have given him life sentence). The responsibility is now on the State to carry out the Courts orders.

Bhai Sahib is throwing a challenge to the State, saying go ahead and 'hang me''. There are no Legal arguments, it is up to the State, they can if they want to not carry out the orders, based on a number of issues, i.e. by carrying out the orders, this will effect the peace and harmony of the State, there could be civil disturbances and further loss of loss and Violence etc.

Our lobby is to highlight the injustices Sikhs are facing, with this as the lateset one aganist Sikhs at an International level. The lobby of the UK Governemnt and EU, is because they are against the Death penallty and as British citizens we expect our Government to raise with the GOI.

By the wat, what is the stand of the IPD, as they support SAD Badal and have been encouraging all Sikhs to unite under SAD (see there web site)

civil unrest is a must in punjab and india if the sangat really wants to saves bhai sahib from death. When sants used to fast for the Sikh kaum against injustices by the Indian state and if they had died the fear was that the Sikh kaum would cause civil unrest and plunge punjab into turmoil this threat shouldn't be idle it should be carried out be it protests blocking highways, non cooperation with state authorities what ever it takes to bring normal day to day business to a stand still once the economy and peace and stability is effected then politicians start to take notice.

http://supportbalwantsingh.blogspot.com/

Breaking News – India Death Penalty of Balwant Singh Rajoana to be tabled in European Parliament by MEP Marina Yannakoudakis

17 March 2012

Under the European Parliament's Rules of Procedure (Rule 117, 1,) Marina Yannakoudakis MEP, Conservative, London has tabled a parliamentary question to The EU´s High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice President of the European Commission Catherine Ashton regarding allegations that India may be preparing to break its moratorium on the death penalty.

http://www.marinayannakoudakis.com/