Sign in to follow this  
Depth

Why Are There No Women Granthies In Darbar Sahib?

about 9ish years back i know of jatha of bibiyan (who i wont name as im pretty sure they wont approve) got together and protested at Sri Akal Takht Sahib. They were beaten with danday by the SGPC force or whatever they call themselves. I know one bibi personally who left with broken ribs.

Really? If its true its absolutely disgusting and appalling should be condemned in strongest possible terms, so much of empowerment of women..what a shame.!!

And you say based on your beliefs that a person's sexuality is the main reason for marriage. Ever seen a man being dragged around by his wife because his sexual inclination has taken over his brain? The world is a lab. If everyone in this world is to be treated as your brother or sister can you have a sexual inclination for them? Why would Guru Sahib tell everyone to refer to others as their brothers and sisters, when by your understanding sexual inclination is a or main reason for marriage?

Many people put Sikhi in a box because of their shortcomings. I can't escape this, so Sikhi says its okay to commit such and such. I can't comprhend this, so Sikhi says it can be done or can't.....whatever i concluded with my limited ability. I wonder how big Akal Purakh is for those who put Sikhi in a box.

Can't wait till the dominate women stand up for their equal rights and have two sexually inclined husbands marching behind them with there little bells and leashes on. They are going to look so cute!!!!!!

A man being run by a woman is wack. I think the 5 thieves thing has been christainized, like how someone described it as not hiding from it but like ok it's there. Ok? So? There's ego, lust, etc. and? Still do ur thing, u just 'know' it's all instinct. We need to hold our own bluestar and raid the f out of our own takht and get these lax hindus out of there now.

because guys will perv on them

Girls perv too, wut u got a sword for?

about 9ish years back i know of jatha of bibiyan (who i wont name as im pretty sure they wont approve) got together and protested at Sri Akal Takht Sahib. They were beaten with danday by the SGPC force or whatever they call themselves. I know one bibi personally who left with broken ribs.

Condemened? Um, a random man beats my sister with a danda

honestly i would find woman granthis uncomfortable...after reading sri charitropakiyan you will know why...

Ok, so you find female sexuality uncomfortable. keep your dirty thoughts to yourself. It means you don't have control over you, and you are just learning what female sexuality is like so you be like ok, hmm that's what she's thinking? And being full of kaam you think about how you respond to that, as in what you want to do to her.

Kaam, is not natural attraction or 'lust' if you go to hug your 'wife' and you're in the moment that's not Kaam. Kaam is doing certain things and being a little wuss thinking I'ma manipulate her with this and this and try to 'get her into bed'. It's ish like buying chocolate and flowers, not genuinely but because you want to do abc to get s-e-x.

Glad that realization came now, make sense cuz we natural that ish is not. Kaam is the pursuit of sex, if you joined at the soul others drop their panties you walk the other way. U can't be uncomforatable with the ish though, people got hangups and they put it on others/themselves/ or the quom.

It's a journey though, a personal one, like for me an old gangbanger; stopping someone, from going on that, well that's what we go to war over. I don't think it'd be the best use of my resources to go and start beating up the dirty old men who are in the SGPC, if it becomes that at some point..

and don't get the impression from sri charitropakiyan that kaam filled realtions always result in bad children, people born as themselves you know. Reading stuff is dif. from experience it too though.

And, you structure yourself to follow the hukam cuz there's some sense in it, don't be a blind bat. Cuz better 10 true than 100 fake. I think many are amritdhari as a facade better they weren't, better they didn't claim sikhi (any of them) by doing paath, but then not eating meat on certain days.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

---

Also f tradition, we are the khalsa we don't like a tradition we change it; panj pyarre make a declartion. Ok, done.

--

not being real, not being yourself but attempting to use money, force, status, and wealth to get genetic opportunity. Which is why RT, marriage as seen in Punjabi culture is not anand karaj as it is kaam.

How about we just let the bibian raise this issue? By all books, there are no restrictions. If bibian really want a particular sewa then they have to work for it and earn it. Also, such issues need to be raised by those who live locally rather than someone from other country (huge cultural differences).

Without any offense to all my brothers and sisters.. It is a shocking reality that our sisters in Punjab are not active anywhere in any field. How many kaur activist we see today (both here and there) ?

Take a look at this forum, how many bibian we see discussing any social or political issue at hand? Either it is all singhs fault for not providing platform or either bibian taking their freedom granted.

Mai to ha es forum te :) Bibi aa mai :)

Bibian and Banday can do any job in our sikhi society however preferences can be given to certain gender in various fields.

• Like 1

How about we just let the bibian raise this issue? By all books, there are no restrictions. If bibian really want a particular sewa then they have to work for it and earn it. Also, such issues need to be raised by those who live locally rather than someone from other country (huge cultural differences).

Without any offense to all my brothers and sisters.. It is a shocking reality that our sisters in Punjab are not active anywhere in any field. How many kaur activist we see today (both here and there) ?

Take a look at this forum, how many bibian we see discussing any social or political issue at hand? Either it is all singhs fault for not providing platform or either bibian taking their freedom granted.

Mai to ha es forum te :) Bibi aa mai :)

Bibian and Banday can do any job in our sikhi society however preferences can be given to certain gender in various fields.

They just got their <banned word filter activated> kicked for doing it. I'm gonna let abused children also stand up for themself because they're obvioulsy not being active in the field of self-justice.

Obviously, bunch of stupid people's in this thread don't get that while a mother might care (mother as example) she will not want to get herself killed, raped, or beaten when she has other stuff she cares about.

How about, you see something you correct it. So many people dancing on hot coals tryna get someone to step up, truth is the summer heat of battle (facing up to things) is much nicer than the heat of knowing you being a str8

<banned word filter activated>!

• Like 2

this bibi agrees with you , most woman lack the courage to move forward , they are too afraid of what other men and woman might say , it's the male dominated culture trap ! people talk about sex equality but they do not put it into practise , its more divine to manifest your intentions and be true to what you say .

• Like 3

If i will wish to do kirtan in darbar sahib.... what i will do........

I will not wait for the people to give me permission...

i will have fake daari mucchha on my face with pagg on head - dressed like man :)

will go then when i start kirtan.... loki samajhan ge ki.... kuri wargi awaz wala raagi aa :p

hahahhhaahh n after completing.... will go home relaxed n calm... satisfied with what i did...

ITS USELESS TO FIGHT WITH SOCIETY - MAN DOMINATING SOCIETY - ENA DI THINKING CHANGE NI HONI...

N MOREOVER RABB DE UTTE NAA TE LIKHYA NI KISIDA... ALL NEED TO DO IS JUGAAD :)

I HAVE SEEN LAWS N CONSTITUTIONS FAILING WHEN IT COMES TO RIGHTS FOR WOMEN..... :)

SO IF U R WOMEN...... - DNT THINK SOMEONE WILL HELP U... JUST HELP URSELF N GOD WILL HELP U :)

On 1/16/2013 at 6:56 PM, Gurpreet14 said:

If i will wish to do kirtan in darbar sahib.... what i will do........

I will not wait for the people to give me permission...

i will have fake daari mucchha on my face with pagg on head - dressed like man :)

will go then when i start kirtan.... loki samajhan ge ki.... kuri wargi awaz wala raagi aa :p

hahahhhaahh n after completing.... will go home relaxed n calm... satisfied with what i did...

ITS USELESS TO FIGHT WITH SOCIETY - MAN DOMINATING SOCIETY - ENA DI THINKING CHANGE NI HONI...

N MOREOVER RABB DE UTTE NAA TE LIKHYA NI KISIDA... ALL NEED TO DO IS JUGAAD :)

I HAVE SEEN LAWS N CONSTITUTIONS FAILING WHEN IT COMES TO RIGHTS FOR WOMEN..... :)

SO IF U R WOMEN...... - DNT THINK SOMEONE WILL HELP U... JUST HELP URSELF N GOD WILL HELP U :)

I don't think they will just let an man with a beard who nows how to play the harmonium do kirtan at Darbar shaib as you really need to be good at kirtan by this I mean almost perfect be able to singh in full raags its really hard to become an hazoori ragi your idea is a bit stupid and even every good ragis who sing in raag haven't been blessed with the opportunity to do kirtan at Darbar shaib its not a joke its hard to get selected to even sing a Shabad you truly need Kirpa of guru shaib. and need to be an expert in raags and kirtan and you just cant singh of paper you need Gurbani Kant all of asa di Vaar and many other shabads for someone to be a ragi or a granti at Darbar shaib they all have very high and true lifes like singh shaib Giani pooran singh he did 20 japji shaib and had an really hight and pure Sikh life style, and it hard to find people like that. that's a reason why there is so much Anand form hazoori ragis they are truly fulfiled with the love of guru shaib and understand raag and its importance 

On 3/15/2012 at 11:59 AM, Depth said:

I have always wonderes as to why have i never seen any woman granthies at Darbar Sahib . Then i came to know that they are simple not allowed to be . Given the great virtues of equality our Gurus gave bestowed upon us, i fail to understand why there is this discrimination at our most important Gurudwara . Why doesn't anyone do something about this?????????

It’s cuz SGPC is there. SGPC literally destroys sikhi. If u look at the maryada of a sevadar at darbar sahib, it’s says the sevadar needs to have a patiala shahi pagg type turban or any pointed dastar. Sevadars cannot wear gol dastars or dumallas. Sevadars have to wear a pajami with their chola, they can’t just wear only a kashera with their chola. I’m sure these people do not also allow bibis to do kirtan. In sant jis time, bibis used to be allowed to do kirtan. SGPC probably has many corrupt people as leaders. We need Budha dal, damdami taksal, tarna dal and all other jathebandis to come together to confront sgpc and to unite under one Nishan sahib

• Like 2

On 6/3/2020 at 5:35 PM, akaaliKhalsa1699 said:

It’s cuz SGPC is there. SGPC literally destroys sikhi. If u look at the maryada of a sevadar at darbar sahib, it’s says the sevadar needs to have a patiala shahi pagg type turban or any pointed dastar. Sevadars cannot wear gol dastars or dumallas. Sevadars have to wear a pajami with their chola, they can’t just wear only a kashera with their chola. I’m sure these people do not also allow bibis to do kirtan. In sant jis time, bibis used to be allowed to do kirtan. SGPC probably has many corrupt people as leaders. We need Budha dal, damdami taksal, tarna dal and all other jathebandis to come together to confront sgpc and to unite under one Nishan sahib

Bro, you cannot be this ignorant.

Those groups you mentioned are the ones who keep stopping women from doing keertan. Dhumma Taksal threw a fit when Punjab Government recommended Bibyan be allowed to do seva.

SGPC had already made a decision to allow bibyan to do keertan seva in 1940, and Sri Akal Takht Sahib reaffirmed it in 1996.

Screenshot_20200618-115756.jpg.983c6fc31acc879bd09be182c23f5284.jpg

Granthis do not have a glamarous lifesyle, it is quite humble one.

There is no rise in social status, so it would not be attractive to women.

They mostly share rooms 3 to 4 in a room on the gurdwara premises.

They normally spend six months in one gurdwara before they move to another gurdwara. They are not treated well paid or well treated by the gurdwarae and have to supplement their income.

It is not financially lucrative enough for women to want to join the ranks and then complain of some wage gap.

I think there might be another reason:

Apnay having grown up hearing the screeching sounds of bibian doing boliyan at giddah parties, are hellbent on making sure they never hear such sounds in their sanctum sanctorum? 

Not that all bibian sound high-pitch terrible, but a lot seem to.   

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, FreshMind13 said:

Bro, you cannot be this ignorant.

Those groups you mentioned are the ones who keep stopping women from doing keertan. Dhumma Taksal threw a fit when Punjab Government recommended Bibyan be allowed to do seva.

SGPC had already made a decision to allow bibyan to do keertan seva in 1940, and Sri Akal Takht Sahib reaffirmed it in 1996.

Screenshot_20200618-115756.jpg.983c6fc31acc879bd09be182c23f5284.jpg

I’m not in support of dhumma and I will never be. That man is not a sant I would never call him the mukhi of the taksal. He’s the same person who said Sri dasam granth wasn’t by dasam patshah himself. Today’s taksal isn’t the same as the real one that had ended with Sant giani thakur Singh jis death. People like dhumma r ruining the taksal. Nd I still do not support sgpc cuz the other stupid things they have done