Shere Panjab - Bbc Tv 'network East' - 1988

Britjabi

I really don't know the relationship between Somali/Pakistani and Sikh in that area.

I have visited Southall a few times but there are just so many people walking around you just cannot guess who the real established families/ businesses are.

A good friend is a southall native, never really discussed in depth, but seems like relations with somalis arent exactly good.

I wonder what the relationship between Sikhs and Rasta's was back then, this is actually quite a famous album from back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-UPZkPoPws

And for the avoidance of doubt I place Sikhism way above Rastafarianism in terms of the truth of all things.

I would actually place Rastafarianism closer to Islam and Christianity closer to Sikhi myself, but then that's just me. :biggrin2:

Having grown up in the 80's around the SP I commend what they were trying to do but they were just as bad as the other gangs, they would, to the public, be saving peoples daughters from the hands of Pakistani's but then they would be harassing the same girls they saved, you could find most of them at a private club opposite Soho Road Gurdwara on a Friday and Saturday night drunk off their face's, looking back at stuff with rose tinted glasses is great and all that but when you grow up in the middle of a turf war (I went to Broadway School when all of this was going on) and walking home was always great fun for me and my Sikh friends, we had bugger all help from the SP when we would get harassed and threatened because of their actions so if i look upon them with a little less enthusiasm then please forgive me.

Wow I can't believe this sort of grooming stuff has been going on since the 80s, I mean back the. Weren't all the south Asian communities united against hostile whites? Also how did tensions in Birmingham between Sikhs and Pakistanis initially start? Was there a build up or was it just always that way? And back in those days did Pakistanis outnumber Sikhs too or were the numbers more even? Is there still a Sikh presence in those traditionally Sikh areas of Birmingham or hav Pakistanis overtaken them

A good friend is a southall native, never really discussed in depth, but seems like relations with somalis arent exactly good.

Have you any idea why?

What are the Somali's doing to antagonise the Sikhs and vice verca?

How are the Somali's getting on with the Pakistani's and how are the Pakistani's getting on with the Sikhs?

I mean in places like Southall do the Sikhs and Pakistani's get on with each other now, you all must do quite a bit of business together.

Or has the spectre of grooming ruined any progress that has been made?

Thanks alot Balkaar, does any one know how things are in Slough between the Sikhs and Pakistani's?

I don't think there are too many Somali's in Slough but I do see quite a lot of white Chavvy p1ssheads wandering around the streets.

You know people like this:

post-45787-0-56710900-1435585734_thumb.j

And I've heard about this from back in the day:

https://theescapepod.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/working-in-a-pub-in-london-frequented-by-sikh-gangters-that-had-been-burned-down-by-skinheads/

Thanks alot Balkaar, does any one know how things are in Slough between the Sikhs and Pakistani's?

I don't think there are too many Somali's in Slough but I do see quite a lot of white Chavvy p1ssheads wandering around the streets.

You know people like this:

post-5050-1147338333.jpg

And I've heard about this from back in the day:

https://theescapepod.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/working-in-a-pub-in-london-frequented-by-sikh-gangters-that-had-been-burned-down-by-skinheads/

The massive East European influx as well as other communities have diluted things considerably.

Having grown up in the 80's around the SP I commend what they were trying to do but they were just as bad as the other gangs, they would, to the public, be saving peoples daughters from the hands of Pakistani's but then they would be harassing the same girls they saved, you could find most of them at a private club opposite Soho Road Gurdwara on a Friday and Saturday night drunk off their face's, looking back at stuff with rose tinted glasses is great and all that but when you grow up in the middle of a turf war (I went to Broadway School when all of this was going on) and walking home was always great fun for me and my Sikh friends, we had bugger all help from the SP when we would get harassed and threatened because of their actions so if i look upon them with a little less enthusiasm then please forgive me.

Broadway School was where panthers went not sure in your time or when sp were around. Sp never harassed girls they helped them. I'm sure sp would helped you, did you ask.? As for drinking, pubs n booze was sp sub culture, most sp were monay given it was a large punjabi group standing up for Sikhs there was hardly any singhs.

Have you any idea why?

What are the Somali's doing to antagonise the Sikhs and vice verca?

How are the Somali's getting on with the Pakistani's and how are the Pakistani's getting on with the Sikhs?

I mean in places like Southall do the Sikhs and Pakistani's get on with each other now, you all must do quite a bit of business together.

Or has the spectre of grooming ruined any progress that has been made?

They just feel like the Somalis come in, get their numbers up and then cause trouble, which leads to fights between groups. And he seems fine with the Southall Muslims, for the most part. I don't know much, im in Canada lol.