Shooting At Wisconsin Sikh Temple (Gurdwara)

singher23

I'm sure it can be turned over in a state of emergency.

The only thing suspended in a state of emergency is habeas corpus. And they can declare curfew. The entire constitution cannot be suspended. Anyway, we already are in a limited state of emergency, and have been so since 9/11

The only thing suspended in a state of emergency is habeas corpus. And they can declare curfew. The entire constitution cannot be suspended. Anyway, we already are in a limited state of emergency, and have been so since 9/11

Well than again if something was to be done with that people still would be able to obtain them and use them for illegal activities just as it is done with illegal drugs.

You know I was thinking the same thing like how come we don't have any sort of security guards since it seems like we are being targeted. I did not write that on here because I know some people would be like anyone can come to the Gurdwara so therefore we don't need security guards. I was watching a video on youtube and the white guy was talking about i believe couple years ago there was a shooting in Colorado but they had a security guard who was able to fire back at the shooter and save hundreds of people who were inside the church. We can certainly implement something like that at our Gurdwara's too I don't think there is nothing wrong with that because we would be protecting our Gurdwaras and our people.

I haven't heard about this shooting in Colorado

I did hear that one of the granthis/prachaaraks tried to rush the gunman, but the granthi got shot in the back. And one of the suggestions at our gurudwara meeting(of course its in the US, but maybe ppl worldwide shud be taking notice and preparing) that if any person walks in with a weapon, ppl shud rush him/her, yeah a few ppl might die, but its better than the person holdin the whole gurudwara hostage. and some ppl were sayin the reason the granthi couldn't disarm the gunman because nobody followed his lead. someone shud've supported him.

at the meeting i was just waiting for the conversation to detoriate to 'we need to do more parchaar' but what if the gunning had nothing to with mistaken identity? what if he was white supremist or what if ppl try to break in to steal the gholak, or desecrate the gurudwara. cause especially in the US, gurudwara's tend to be huge, and that makes them targets of hate/jeaolosy and greed. so we do need pahreydaar. guards. .............

but the hardest thing will to continue with it...............

our gurudwara is tryin to register ppl with weapons and assign them on guard duty. ....but there were many warnings of only the guard should have weapons b/c otherwise sikhs might turn on themselves and accidently shoot each other in anger....THAT was the saddest thing of all

Also there were 5 chaupai sahib paath and ardaas done at the gurudwara and the hukamnama was "nanak mitha laagai bhaana"

I did hear that one of the granthis/prachaaraks tried to rush the gunman, but the granthi got shot in the back.

It was the president who tackled him in the beginning. His brother said he just passed away, not 5 minutes ago.

And all of us, including me, think that if something like this were to happen to us, we would be the first to rush the shooter, tackle him, whatever. But unless we are placed in that situation, we will never actually know what we will do.

Also, the first people to see the shooter were 2 10 year olds. They saw him shoot someone in the parking lot, and they ran inside the gurdwara to tell everyone and got trapped inside

time to follow guru's hukam in spirit not just in letter

besides kirpanwe need to arm ourselves with modern weapons ie guns and be proficient at using them and also taking cover/guard etc

When guru sahib ordered us to be tyar bar tyar his dictum was to have the best possible weapon , if gurus existed today - a handgun will be a kakar instead of a kirpaan..

anyways kirpaans that most people wear are just tokens , you cant even cut an onion with those