Do Sikhs believe in other Holy Men?

There were the likes of bhagat kabir ji or bhagat farid ji who were holy men in the Guru Granth Sahib maharaj but guru Nanak dev ji was god himself who came down to this earth to solve all the problems in the world back then.We respect Christ and Mohammad but they weren't god themselves.We have some stanzas of Christ and Mohammad as well and the gurus respected them.In the bible it talks about the gurus.In the bible it says "He will come with a double edged sword".Guru gobind singh ji gave us a double edged sword that we wear to this day.Jesus was a sikh to tell you the truth.He did all the good things.He never ate meat,never cut his hair,wore a turban etc.

It might seem as if I'm rambling on but Im in a hurry.

Guru Nanak was not God. None of the Gurus were God. Guru Gobind Singh said that anyone who calls him a God will burn in hell.

No man who was ever born and died is a God.

I believe there were other enlightened souls before Guru Nanak, and after him as well.

However, I agree with Guru Nanak's teaching most. That is why I call myself a Sikh.

Guru Nanak was not God. None of the Gurus were God. Guru Gobind Singh said that anyone who calls him a God will burn in hell.

No man who was ever born and died is a God.

I believe there were other enlightened souls before Guru Nanak, and after him as well.

However, I agree with Guru Nanak's teaching most. That is why I call myself a Sikh.

LOL....this last line of yours says it all.

And you should read Gurbani without the notions of what you believe. If you are satisfied with what you believe, then there is no need for you to read Gurbani. You are your own Guru. Sikhs have Satguru to be guided, not to tell him what we believe..

Guru Nanak Dev ji would also have respected holy men from other faiths. But it does not mean they would have practised their ways.

One holy man can always recognise another holy man, which a normal human may not be able to do. But Sikhs do not believe in humans, they believe in God Waheguru only, this is what Guru Nanak Dev ji came to earth to teach us, so we praise the Lord, God, Waheguru, the creator.

I have already...but still doesn't answer my questions...no doubt he was a great man, but God? I can't wrap my head around it

You can't wrap your head around it due to the fact that i dont think you understand who or what "God" is in Sikhi. Like Mehtab Singh Ji said there is a lot you need to read to figure that out.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was not God rather God was Guru Nanak Dev Ji, if that makes any sense?

I know alot of Muslims tend to almost personifiy God and even if you dont, you still wont be able to grasp what Sikhi says about God or Waheguru as we call "Him" if you continue to look at it from an Islamic viewpoint. To learn about and to begin to comprehend Sikhi you need to drop your current way of thinking.

I could question you endlessly on Islamic practices but i wont understand them or even your reasoning for them if i dont first understand the fundamentals of Islam.

All these threads created by the OP are useless. His signature says he sumbits to Allah, then if he has, he should be content with it and he would have to do no more searching. Go to the mosque and pray, religion is not created to subjectively say who is a holy man and who is not and who is a lower holy man. God, Allah, Ram, whatever you want to call him does not change with your beliefs. The destination is the divine and you are stuck in rituals. Ask yourself how do i get away from these rituals and step on the path of Dharma/religion. Allah is not going to ask you how many people did you turn into Muslim, as in a blink of an eye Allah can turn all into kafirs, then what work have you done. In a blink of an eye Allah can take all your good deeds and wash them away, then what have you done in this world? What does helping another accomplish, when God can make all suffer in a second. Why fast when the next day you look to take what is anothers? Day and night are illusion, but in a month in the latter sin can be committed? Allah says to recognize him, but how can this take place when you are stuck in rituals and sin. Can a unconscious person know his where abouts? Then how can a sinful person know Allah? Food, wealth, wine, women, paradise is not the disease, but expecting a pay out for these is the disease. Why desire when you have sumbitted to Allah, isn't Allah enough? Why seek to know how the world existed, don't you have faith in Allah to say he created? If Allah holds you (Muslim, who has submitted to Allah) off a cliff don't you have enough faith he will catch you? If the Koran is the word of Allah, then why search else where? Doesn't the word of Allah satisfiy your thrist?

Either Muslims (who have sumbitted to Allah) are ignorant of Allah's teachings (Koran) or they are not satisfied after reading the Koran and contemplating over it, so they search else where to even attain a glimpse of feeling satisfied.

All these threads created by the OP are useless. His signature says he sumbits to Allah, then if he has, he should be content with it and he would have to do no more searching. Go to the mosque and pray, religion is not created to subjectively say who is a holy man and who is not and who is a lower holy man. God, Allah, Ram, whatever you want to call him does not change with your beliefs. The destination is the divine and you are stuck in rituals. Ask yourself how do i get away from these rituals and step on the path of Dharma/religion. Allah is not going to ask you how many people did you turn into Muslim, as in a blink of an eye Allah can turn all into kafirs, then what work have you done. In a blink of an eye Allah can take all your good deeds and wash them away, then what have you done in this world? What does helping another accomplish, when God can make all suffer in a second. Why fast when the next day you look to take what is anothers? Day and night are illusion, but in a month in the latter sin can be committed? Allah says to recognize him, but how can this take place when you are stuck in rituals and sin. Can a unconscious person know his where abouts? Then how can a sinful person know Allah? Food, wealth, wine, women, paradise is not the disease, but expecting a pay out for these is the disease. Why desire when you have sumbitted to Allah, isn't Allah enough? Why seek to know how the world existed, don't you have faith in Allah to say he created? If Allah holds you (Muslim, who has submitted to Allah) off a cliff don't you have enough faith he will catch you? If the Koran is the word of Allah, then why search else where? Doesn't the word of Allah satisfiy your thrist?

Either Muslims (who have sumbitted to Allah) are ignorant of Allah's teachings (Koran) or they are not satisfied after reading the Koran and contemplating over it, so they search else where to even attain a glimpse of feeling satisfied.

Hey yeah thanks for calling my search for truth pointless...Allah is God just as Waheguru is God...I will NEVER stop searching. I wasn't satisfied with judaism and christianity, why should I be satisfied with Modern Islam? I submit to God, not to man...if I every become satisfied and stop searching for truth I hope someone will call me a hypocrite and spark my curiosity even more. I do not desire wouldsworldly things but only what may/will benefit me after I die.

If you personally feel like I am not worthy to share your beliefs, then don't tell me about them, but don't make me feel bad or feel like I cannot find the true path because one day I will and I hope that after I die God will reward my efforts.

Hey yeah thanks for calling my search for truth pointless...Allah is God just as Waheguru is God...

This is a Sikh teaching. God is one, but called by different names.

One difference between the Sikh view of God and the Muslim view of God, is that Muslims think that God wants us to submit to His will. Sikhs believe that God doesn't need nor want anything from us. If He is Supreme Being, then what could he possibly need from us?

Therefore, a Sikh submits to God's will to become closer to God and to awaken his mind.

Also, God's will is interpreted very differently in Islam and Sikhism.

LOL....this last line of yours says it all.

And you should read Gurbani without the notions of what you believe. If you are satisfied with what you believe, then there is no need for you to read Gurbani. You are your own Guru. Sikhs have Satguru to be guided, not to tell him what we believe..

Idk what I said that you don't agree with. If this has something to do with a previous thread, then you should have said it then. It's kind of random for you to bring it up now.

This is a Sikh teaching. God is one, but called by different names.

One difference between the Sikh view of God and the Muslim view of God, is that Muslims think that God wants us to submit to His will. Sikhs believe that God doesn't need nor want anything from us. If He is Supreme Being, then what could he possibly need from us?

Therefore, a Sikh submits to God's will to become closer to God and to awaken his mind.

Also, God's will is interpreted very differently in Islam and Sikhism.

No you are wrong, God does not need anything from us, he is supreme. When we submit to his will and stop fighting against whathe had written for us, then we can become complete and move on to a higher plane of understanding because it takes everything wet have to fight against Gods will...God doesn't need us to submit, we need to submit for our own good, and this isn't even Islamic, this is the root of most theological beliefs. Even cherokee...quit thinking I am looking at everything from an Islamic standpoint because that is not the case...you keep telling me to open my mind and not look at everything from an Islamic standpoint but you refuse to listen when I do...how many times have I explained my ancestorial belief? Talking about planes of understanding performing superhuman feats multidimensions and other things and none of that comes from Islam...please open your hearts to me and try to understand that I am NOT here to debate Islam with you but to find the true will of God, if it is here, of course and I am trying to understand but I HAVE TO ASK QUESTIONS