Do Sikhs believe in other Holy Men?

Hey yeah thanks for calling my search for truth pointless

Okay let's try this again. You are a Muslim correct! So for a Muslim the Koran is the truth. So a Muslim goes to the Koran for the truth. Muslims don't need to search for the truth as they claim to have the truth in the Koran. Hence your search for the truth here is superficial. Others have pointed this out to you, but i have just been very blunt about it.

...Allah is God just as Waheguru is God

This is pure comedy. I once had a Christian woman come to me and say she believes in Jesus God. I told her there is only one God, i believe in him. Then again she says i believe in Jesus God........HAHAHAHAHAHAA...at the time i held my laugh, but it was so hard. So once again call him what you want Allah, Ram, God, devil with pitch fork, man in sky with white hair, guy with a pinstripe suit on, but there is only one God. One thing i noticed in the Christians woman's facial expression was a confused look, once i said it.....LOL....gotta love the missionaries....LOL

...I will NEVER stop searching. I wasn't satisfied with judaism and christianity, why should I be satisfied with Modern Islam?

Who said anything about modern Islam. Are you not content with the Koran? Didn't the search end with the Koran, afterall you say you are a Muslim. Are you a Muslim?

If you personally feel like I am not worthy to share your beliefs, then don't tell me about them, but don't make me feel bad or feel like I cannot find the true path because one day I will and I hope that after I die God will reward my efforts.

Find the true path? Are you even reading what you are writing. You are a Muslim, by our own saying, so have you not found the true path by reading the Koran? Its like when person goes on a journey to disney land,they don't go once they reached disney land.............OOOOOO where is disney land, we need to go to disney land, and they surely don't go up to mickey mouse and say.........can you give us the directions to disney land.

Admit it, you have doubts about the Koran and are not a Muslim at heart.

I am a Sikh and have no doubts about Gurbani being the true path. So i don't go on to Muslim forum to say i need search for the true path. If i was a Muslim member at a such a forum, i would tell the Muslim to smack the Sikh me across the face for coming to them for the truth, when Gurbani says the truth lies in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj.

Guru Nanak was not God. None of the Gurus were God. Guru Gobind Singh said that anyone who calls him a God will burn in hell.

No man who was ever born and died is a God.

I believe there were other enlightened souls before Guru Nanak, and after him as well.

However, I agree with Guru Nanak's teaching most. That is why I call myself a Sikh.

I don't agree with none of what you said, because Gurbani doesn't say what you said about the Gurus. Gurbani tells us that Guru and God are one and the same. So you need to follow this as a Sikh. Also Gurbani says there is no difference between any of the Gurus, so no one can say i agree with one Guru over the other. If you are looking for Gurbani on this topic, then do a quick search on this forum. This topic has been discussed in detail in the past.

Hey yeah thanks for calling my search for truth pointless...Allah is God just as Waheguru is God...I will NEVER stop searching. I wasn't satisfied with judaism and christianity, why should I be satisfied with Modern Islam? I submit to God, not to man...if I every become satisfied and stop searching for truth I hope someone will call me a hypocrite and spark my curiosity even more. I do not desire wouldsworldly things but only what may/will benefit me after I die.

thats quite amazing actually.

No you are wrong, God does not need anything from us, he is supreme. When we submit to his will and stop fighting against whathe had written for us, then we can become complete and move on to a higher plane of understanding because it takes everything wet have to fight against Gods will...God doesn't need us to submit, we need to submit for our own good

That's exactly what I said man.

I'm just comparing Islam to Sikhi. I'm comparing something you understand, with something you don't understand. In Sikhism, to understand God, you also have to understand what He is not.

Submitting for our own good makes us sound like children. Perhaps submitting to discover something greater within ourselves, is more appropriate.

A lot of assumptions in your reply. Some stuff you are accusing me of, I never said. For example, multidimensions and superhuman feats.

That's exactly what I said man.

I'm just comparing Islam to Sikhi. I'm comparing something you understand, with something you don't understand. In Sikhism, to understand God, you also have to understand what He is not.

Submitting for our own good makes us sound like children. Perhaps submitting to discover something greater within ourselves, is more appropriate.

A lot of assumptions in your reply. Some stuff you are accusing me of, I never said. For example, multidimensions and superhuman feats.

:-) you guys are funny, and I mean that with love :-) first off, I am a lady,

Back to the important stuff...both the quran and the Torah and even the Bible say to never stop searching for answers. God judge me if I am wrong and please forgive me if I am wrong but here's the thing: answers are everywhere in the stars, in the dirt, in history, in the presumed future, in our children in our enemies...everything has a purpose for being what it is

This is in line with my ancestral beliefs. Ie I try my best not to kill bugs, but to just catch them and put them where they are not so pesky because that bug may have a greater purpose to fulfill.if God feeds every living creature maybe that bug is to a meal, or some other reason. My point is if sikhism did not have a purpose, it would not be here, and I have found that my purpose is to know and spread knowledge and bring people together...so I try with all of my being to fulfill my purpose, yes I am ignorant of a lot, but that is why I'm so curious. I could go through life satisfied with the menial things that just Getty me by. I could gather wealth in hopes my children won't squander it, but id rather gather knowledge and teach my children patience and tolerance and love and what is important to me.

When I say Modern Islam, this means that people have lost focus on the message and focus solely on the rituals and the outward appearances.

This is not Islam. The quran even admits that there are things mankind will never understand written in it, so no Muslim should Ever be satisfied!

The Bible says to search for truth to know it in the deepest parts of your body and soul. This cannot be achieved by merely accepting words on a page this takes a lifetime of study and to fence yourself in to a small community limits your range of knowledge and learning

This is why I am curious. yes I am a Muslim, which means to submit to the of the one true God, but his will is clear in that we should NEVER be satisfied with what is presented to us as truth but to dig as deep as we can and focus or entire existence on learning and understanding

:-) you guys are funny, and I mean that with love :-) first off, I am a lady,

Back to the important stuff...both the quran and the Torah and even the Bible say to never stop searching for answers. God judge me if I am wrong and please forgive me if I am wrong but here's the thing: answers are everywhere in the stars, in the dirt, in history, in the presumed future, in our children in our enemies...everything has a purpose for being what it is

This is in line with my ancestral beliefs. Ie I try my best not to kill bugs, but to just catch them and put them where they are not so pesky because that bug may have a greater purpose to fulfill.if God feeds every living creature maybe that bug is to a meal, or some other reason. My point is if sikhism did not have a purpose, it would not be here, and I have found that my purpose is to know and spread knowledge and bring people together...so I try with all of my being to fulfill my purpose, yes I am ignorant of a lot, but that is why I'm so curious. I could go through life satisfied with the menial things that just Getty me by. I could gather wealth in hopes my children won't squander it, but id rather gather knowledge and teach my children patience and tolerance and love and what is important to me.

When I say Modern Islam, this means that people have lost focus on the message and focus solely on the rituals and the outward appearances.

This is not Islam. The quran even admits that there are things mankind will never understand written in it, so no Muslim should Ever be satisfied!

The Bible says to search for truth to know it in the deepest parts of your body and soul. This cannot be achieved by merely accepting words on a page this takes a lifetime of study and to fence yourself in to a small community limits your range of knowledge and learning

This is why I am curious. yes I am a Muslim, which means to submit to the of the one true God, but his will is clear in that we should NEVER be satisfied with what is presented to us as truth but to dig as deep as we can and focus or entire existence on learning and understanding

Alright...well, I hope you have learned something.

Btw, why is your avatar a pic of a girl without hijab. In your original post, you have stated that you have started wearing hijab, so why show us your pic without one, if that is the case.

On second thought, why post your real picture online at all?

To send Singhs weak at the knees so we take it easy on her when she bombards this site with her "questions". :biggrin2:

Aint gonna work on me! Like Ganga Puttar Bhishma I've taken a Brahmchari ki pratigya! If you smell what the Brahmchari is cooking!!!