Balanced View of Hindu-Sikh Shaster Vidiya

taran0

Let's say no sword hmm maybe say 2 out of 3, in a normal punjabi arena with no mats, just mud, then mat based and if 3rd round then hadh torh break bone or first blood competition

Brock Lesnar isn't fake besides wwe he has been in mma, he has been the mma heavyweigh champ before wwe he was a proper amature wrestler, brock is a real fighter. Brock had to leave mma because of stomach problems he had. He couldn't continue taking real hits foreverer. MMA uses akido and all sorts of graples and strikes. Besides alot of niddars acclaimed ex students claim niddar is making it up using all sorts of mma.

Best way is mma, mma is the new sport

You summed it up pretty nicely in your own post " Best way is mma, mma is the new sport " . Do you understand what sports are ?? Rules driven contests in a controlled environment, in the spirirt and ethics of sportmanship. As Sikhs our purpose of being shastardhari and martially traIned is NOT to take part in sports events.

The ultimate purpose is to uphold "Dharam" and "Dharam Yudh"..i.e: Righteousness. There is no problem with the artforms that make up MMA, they are actually pretty good if they are taught in their pure froms. Unfortunately if you go to MMA classes they will not teach you these arts in there pure forms because they aim to train participants for competition in rules driven arenas.

Do you know a lot of FMA's (Filipino Martial Arts) are considered too extreme for UFC. For example the following are all illegal in UFC rules:

1. Biting
  2. Eye-gouging
  3. Fish-hooking
  4. Groin attacks
  5. Small joint manipulation
  6. Hair pulling
  7. Head-butting
  8. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent (see Fish-hooking)
  9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head (see Rabbit punch)
  10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow (see Elbow (strike))
  11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea
  12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh
  13. Grabbing the clavicle
  14. Intentionally attempting to break an opponent's bone
  15. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent
  16. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent
  17. Stomping a grounded opponent
  18. Kicking to the kidney with the heel
  19. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck (see Piledriver)
  20. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area

A lot of the above concepts are key components of combat art forms..i.e: eye giuges, groin strikes, small joint manipluation, joint breaks etc etc.. Weapons based arts are another compknent that are considered too extreme foir MMA..Google "Dog Brothers UFC" and read what UFC said about Dog brothers request to incorporate Stick fighting into UFC. It's considered too extreme and dangerous.

At the end of the day UFC is asport and it is a money making machine hence they have to abide by rules and regulations to keep participants safe in order to stay licensed. Without these rules UFC would be banned it's that simple.

A real time attacker is not going to respect the rules of MMA or UFC on the streets, they will pull hair, they will use weapons, they will use groin strikes and whatever other means they can tio gain an advantage. Therefore dont delude yourself take up weapons based training and as many "pure" combat arts as you can cross train if neccesary.

"Besides alot of niddars acclaimed ex students claim niddar is making it up using all sorts of mma." - Really which students ? I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear from them, please interview tham and post some videos on youtube surely the more proof and evidence you can gather to "expose" Niddar Singh and his "apparentyl" fake art must be good right ???

You summed it up pretty nicely in your own post " Best way is mma, mma is the new sport " . Do you understand what sports are ?? Rules driven contests in a controlled environment, in the spirirt and ethics of sportmanship. As Sikhs our purpose of being shastardhari and martially traIned is NOT to take part in sports events.

The ultimate purpose is to uphold "Dharam" and "Dharam Yudh"..i.e: Righteousness. There is no problem with the artforms that make up MMA, they are actually pretty good if they are taught in their pure froms. Unfortunately if you go to MMA classes they will not teach you these arts in there pure forms because they aim to train participants for competition in rules driven arenas.

Do you know a lot of FMA's (Filipino Martial Arts) are considered too extreme for UFC. For example the following are all illegal in UFC rules:

1. Biting
  2. Eye-gouging
  3. Fish-hooking
  4. Groin attacks
  5. Small joint manipulation
  6. Hair pulling
  7. Head-butting
  8. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent (see Fish-hooking)
  9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head (see Rabbit punch)
  10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow (see Elbow (strike))
  11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea
  12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh
  13. Grabbing the clavicle
  14. Intentionally attempting to break an opponent's bone
  15. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent
  16. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent
  17. Stomping a grounded opponent
  18. Kicking to the kidney with the heel
  19. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck (see Piledriver)
  20. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area

A lot of the above concepts are key components of combat art forms..i.e: eye giuges, groin strikes, small joint manipluation, joint breaks etc etc.. Weapons based arts are another compknent that are considered too extreme foir MMA..Google "Dog Brothers UFC" and read what UFC said about Dog brothers request to incorporate Stick fighting into UFC. It's considered too extreme and dangerous.

At the end of the day UFC is asport and it is a money making machine hence they have to abide by rules and regulations to keep participants safe in order to stay licensed. Without these rules UFC would be banned it's that simple.

A real time attacker is not going to respect the rules of MMA or UFC on the streets, they will pull hair, they will use weapons, they will use groin strikes and whatever other means they can tio gain an advantage. Therefore dont delude yourself take up weapons based training and as many "pure" combat arts as you can cross train if neccesary.

"Besides alot of niddars acclaimed ex students claim niddar is making it up using all sorts of mma." - Really which students ? I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear from them, please interview tham and post some videos on youtube surely the more proof and evidence you can gather to "expose" Niddar Singh and his "apparentyl" fake art must be good right ???

There was a facebook group or page about it, can't find it right now if I do I will post it up, I reckon I see your point of view hence why i said "acclaimed" and "apparently" rather than use words of conviction. I do realise it could be people with hatred for him, defaming him and making up stories. Even if I went around interviewing them I could be called a niddar hater, those people could be called fakers, actors or haters. I've got better things to do with my time then do that. I'm not really concerned too much about niddar, because I don't view him as a great force of evil against Sikhs we have bigger problems to deal with and for the most part some of the evil things people talk about him aren't even public like people say he drinks but we have sikhs drinking all over the show everywhere at the moment. This hindu-sikh thing he has is based around history which we say came due to the massand period who purposefully corrupted sikhi a time before rss were around perhaps the rss ancestors.

You are right about the definition of a sport and mma being one, without rules people will end up being killed and competition helps in refining the skills, guru jis did a whole range of sports. Loads of people are in MMA it's a great sport for sikhs all our ancestors were masters of the predecessors of mma and when you see the fighters you see the kinda guys true old nihangs are described to be, the agility, speed, raw power and so on, perhaps it's frowned upon to show off but to develop such skills is good.

It sounds like eye gouging and all of that is usually what self defence classes teach or rape safety classes for women. I don't think alot of sikhs are comfortable with the idea sikhs fought dirty and did ungentleman like acts of ripping someones voice box or kicking someone in the nut sack or pulling their gentils off. Perhaps if they were being attacked and bombarded with no way out but there is a general code of engagement in warfare studies but I guess muslims never followed many of them anyway and muslims do talk of sikhs being dishonourable wretches going to hell.

Niddars maneuvers all are based around positions and that depends on speed- hand eye coordination if you are slow you won't get into those positions, and those people sikhs took on knew the art of engaging depends on speed, the best way to improve that is all sports and maybe mathematics or things like tetris things which improve mental speed like abstract testing. Basic training like boxing sparing, sparing helps. If you don't have a set of moves but are mentally fast taking on someone with a great technical moveset who is slow you could take them out, since you can see their moves before hand. You can probably even instinctively come up with counters if you are fast enough. But refining the skills all takes practice.

There was a facebook group or page about it, can't find it right now if I do I will post it up, I reckon I see your point of view hence why i said "acclaimed" and "apparently" rather than use words of conviction. I do realise it could be people with hatred for him, defaming him and making up stories. Even if I went around interviewing them I could be called a niddar hater, those people could be called fakers, actors or haters. I've got better things to do with my time then do that. I'm not really concerned too much about niddar, because I don't view him as a great force of evil against Sikhs we have bigger problems to deal with and for the most part some of the evil things people talk about him aren't even public like people say he drinks but we have sikhs drinking all over the show everywhere at the moment. This hindu-sikh thing he has is based around history which we say came due to the massand period who purposefully corrupted sikhi a time before rss were around perhaps the rss ancestors.

You are right about the definition of a sport and mma being one, without rules people will end up being killed and competition helps in refining the skills, guru jis did a whole range of sports. Loads of people are in MMA it's a great sport for sikhs all our ancestors were masters of the predecessors of mma and when you see the fighters you see the kinda guys true old nihangs are described to be, the agility, speed, raw power and so on, perhaps it's frowned upon to show off but to develop such skills is good.

It sounds like eye gouging and all of that is usually what self defence classes teach or rape safety classes for women. I don't think alot of sikhs are comfortable with the idea sikhs fought dirty and did ungentleman like acts of ripping someones voice box or kicking someone in the nut sack or pulling their gentils off. Perhaps if they were being attacked and bombarded with no way out but there is a general code of engagement in warfare studies but I guess muslims never followed many of them anyway and muslims do talk of sikhs being dishonourable wretches going to hell.

Niddars maneuvers all are based around positions and that depends on speed- hand eye coordination if you are slow you won't get into those positions, and those people sikhs took on knew the art of engaging depends on speed, the best way to improve that is all sports and maybe mathematics or things like tetris things which improve mental speed like abstract testing. Basic training like boxing sparing, sparing helps. If you don't have a set of moves but are mentally fast taking on someone with a great technical moveset who is slow you could take them out, since you can see their moves before hand. You can probably even instinctively come up with counters if you are fast enough. But refining the skills all takes practice.

DalbinderSingh,

Have you been to Niddars classes?

DalbinderSingh,

Have you been to Niddars classes?

naa can't be bothered just watched all of his youtube clips. If there is something on his clips that he teaches in person then I think some of his students haven't convinced me about it. Besides that it seems they have great respect for their gurdev which is good, but i'm too used to the foreign informality of more mutual respect with your great teachers.

naa can't be bothered just watched all of his youtube clips. If there is something on his clips that he teaches in person then I think some of his students haven't convinced me about it. Besides that it seems they have great respect for their gurdev which is good, but i'm too used to the foreign informality of more mutual respect with your great teachers.

Are you a martial art expert? I mean, do you have expertise in any martial art?

Vale tudeo is some crazy fighting...That's really extreme fighting...That can prepare a person for real battle cause it's real fighting with no rules.Watch some fights online and they would make the UFC look soft.

True, Guru Jees had established wrestling akharas for Sikhs. Today Sikhs should also train in martial arts. In today's world I think MMA and if you have access even some practical training in modern weaponry/warfare should be learnt.

Not just wrestling, but kabbadi and horse-riding are very strenous sports ordered by Guru Sahib.

Not just wrestling, but kabbadi and horse-riding are very strenous sports ordered by Guru Sahib.

And Guru Sahib also said no cult religions like the 'Hindu - Sikhs' should be created to rival the Khalsa. Followers of Living Gurus like the Namdharis and Radaswamis should be avoided, that the cult Nihangs mix with.

Let me guess you are one of those guys who thinks Niddar is the messiah and everyone not following him is going to hell and he is the only true light of sikhi?

No, Im a person who will not raise an opinion without sufficient knowledge of the subject matter.

"naa can't be bothered just watched all of his youtube clips."

So do you poses enough knowledge within the martial arts world that you could make such statement.?