Amritdhari, non-amritdhari.

13Mirch

I don't understand how bibek rehit can make it easier to control 5 vices, when bibek itself is a contributer to 'haumai' and ego.!!

You can say taking Amrit contributes to Ego as well, as you start to think you're better than those that haven't taken Amrit. So should one not talk Amrit in order to keep away from Ego?

Dont blame the rehat, blame the individual who has the Ego after keeping Rehat. It is not such an easy thing to control the 5 chhor. Just taking amrit and keeeping rehat is going to turn on an automatic switch that will get rid of them. It takes a lot of Naam Abhiaas and Gurbani Paat to control them.

Why would Guru Nanak need to give Bhai Lalo Naam? Lalo was already honest and hardworking. That is why Guru ji preferred his food over Malik Bhago's.

Are non-amritdharis unhygenic?

Do their sins rub off on the food?

God works in mysterious ways, if one can absorb someone else's sins.

Listen to what Satguru is saying:

कहु मानुख ते किआ होइ आवै ॥
Kaho mānukẖ ṯe ki▫ā ho▫e āvai.
Tell me - what can a mere mortal do?
जो तिसु भावै सोई करावै ॥
Jo ṯis bẖāvai so▫ī karāvai.
Whatever pleases God is what He causes us to do.
इस कै हाथि होइ ता सभु किछु लेइ ॥
Is kai hāth ho▫e ṯā sabẖ kicẖẖ le▫e.
If it were in our hands, we would grab up everything.
जो तिसु भावै सोई करेइ ॥
Jo ṯis bẖāvai so▫ī kare▫i.
Whatever pleases God - that is what He does.
अनजानत बिखिआ महि रचै ॥
Anjānaṯ bikẖi▫ā mėh racẖai.
Through ignorance, people are engrossed in corruption.
जे जानत आपन आप बचै ॥
Je jānaṯ āpan āp bacẖai.
If they knew better, they would save themselves.
भरमे भूला दह दिसि धावै ॥
Bẖarme bẖūlā ḏah ḏis ḏẖāvai.
Deluded by doubt, they wander around in the ten directions.
निमख माहि चारि कुंट फिरि आवै ॥
Nimakẖ māhi cẖār kunt fir āvai.
In an instant, their minds go around the four corners of the world and come back again.
करि किरपा जिसु अपनी भगति देइ ॥
Kar kirpā jis apnī bẖagaṯ ḏe▫e.
Those whom the Lord mercifully blesses with His devotional worship -
नानक ते जन नामि मिलेइ ॥३॥
Nānak ṯe jan nām mile▫e. ||3||
O Nanak, they are absorbed into the Naam. ||3||

ang 277

As Satguru says above, if you know how to save yourself, then why come to Satguru? Amrit is the nectar from Satguru's feet. Sohila.....Let me be the dust of the feet of the Saints. Satguru speaks to us directly.

However i'll add this as well. I have seen Bibek Rehit being misused. Some practice Bibek Rehat, but they have no control on their anger or ego. They won't eat from a non-amritdharis hands, but have no problem jumping up and down like a little kid every time they don't get their way.

Honestly if the youth are not taught that honestly is the key to bibek rehat, then i can see some of these guy turning into Brahmins. Not practicing honestly and just jumping to bibek rehat.

Also the type of food a person puts in their body causes the vices to come out.

The comment about............i don't eat food from those that have indulged in ego and anger in a day is just riduculous. Because only a Brahmgyani is above both. They must have a Brahmgyani as a chef.

Just as Satguru introduced Sikhi to the world over 200 plus years. Take baby steps and you'll get to bibek rehat.

Bibek Rehat is not the rehat of the Guru, because you are judging someone's "pureness" simply by whether or not they have drank Amrit. You aren't taking into account what is in their heart, or the actions they take.

Amrit has no special powers to cleanse your sins, nor does it prevent you from committing future sins. It isn't a get out of jail card nor is it a free ticket to mukti. You still have to work for your kamai.

You can be an amritdhari and an awful human being at the same time. I've met plenty.

Even if all amritdharis were pure and all non-amritdharis were full of sin, it wouldn't affect your kamai to eat from them. You are treating them like untouchables.

No one here has been able to explain how Bibek has benefitted them. Does anyone here even keep Bibek?

What benefit have you obtained from abstaining from non-amritdhari food and "jhootah". How has it helped your kamai?

I too don't think or agree that this is true gurmat practice.

''Judging'' is NOT gurmat in an regard.

The ONLY person you should judge according to Gurmat is YOURSELF. (from my understanding)

AND in this aspect you SHOULD JUDGE yourself as THE LOWEST!

This is the REAL JUDGE

ਨਾਨਕ ਪਰਖੇ ਆਪ ਕਉ ਤਾ ਪਾਰਖੁ ਜਾਣੁ ॥
Nānak parkẖe āp ka▫o ṯā pārakẖ jāṇ.
O Nanak, if someone judges himself, only then is he known as a real judge

Bibek Rehat is not the rehat of the Guru, because you are judging someone's "pureness" simply by whether or not they have drank Amrit. You aren't taking into account what is in their heart, or the actions they take.

So are you questioning the history of Punja Pyare? Non-amritdharis can't be part of the Punj Pyare. Was Satguru and Gurmukhs like Baba Deep Singh judging someone's pureness simply by not allowing non-amritdharis to be in PUnj Pyare? Just because you can't understand the rehat,doesn't make it automatically not Guru's rehat.

Amrit has no special powers to cleanse your sins, nor does it prevent you from committing future sins. It isn't a get out of jail card nor is it a free ticket to mukti. You still have to work for your kamai.

You have a grudge against taking Amrit. In one of your previous post you even state that you follow Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj Sikhi; separating the Guru's and not seeing them as one. So I can see where this hatred is coming from, but all you got is your opinion. Satguru brought the dead back to life by giving Amrit, so your grudge and hatred toward Amrit should be put aside and stop passing judgements on Amrit. So many lives have been saved because of Amrit. So many have moved away from womanizing, drugs, stealing, killing because they saw the shakti of Amrit and ran toward the Guru to take in the immortal nectar.

As Satguru said, if you can save yourself with your hardwork, then go try it (ang 277 of Sri Sukhmani Sahib as i post and you ignored). If you want to step on to the Sikh path then you can't slander Amrit. Amrit is Satguru's practice and not some Brahmins made up practice. Satguru is a son of a warrior, he is not some Bahman take your disrespectful post else where.

You can be an amritdhari and an awful human being at the same time. I've met plenty.

Even if all amritdharis were pure and all non-amritdharis were full of sin, it wouldn't affect your kamai to eat from them. You are treating them like untouchables.

No one here has been able to explain how Bibek has benefitted them. Does anyone here even keep Bibek?

What benefit have you obtained from abstaining from non-amritdhari food and "jhootah". How has it helped your kamai?

I too don't think or agree that this is true gurmat practice.

''Judging'' is NOT gurmat in an regard.

The ONLY person you should judge according to Gurmat is YOURSELF. (from my understanding)

AND in this aspect you SHOULD JUDGE yourself as THE LOWEST!

This is the REAL JUDGE

ਨਾਨਕ ਪਰਖੇ ਆਪ ਕਉ ਤਾ ਪਾਰਖੁ ਜਾਣੁ ॥

Nānak parkẖe āp ka▫o ṯā pārakẖ jāṇ.

O Nanak, if someone judges himself, only then is he known as a real judge

It`s not about judging anyone, its just following Guru Sahib`s hukam. If you guys still don`t think its according to Gurmat, then we can just agree to disagree.

One of my favourite lines from Rehatnamai about Bibek is:

ਜਾਕੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਨ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਗੁਰਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਨਹੀ ਚੀਤ ||

ਉਨਕਾ ਭੋਜਨ ਖਾਇਕੈ ਬਿਸਰਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਪ੍ਰੀਤ ||

“One who has no Rehit (discipline) and does not meditate on the Gurmantar (given by the Panj Pyaare when one receives khande-di-pahul); If you eat their food, you will loose the love for God.”

(Rehitnama Bhai Chaupa Singh)

I would recommend you guys read these:

http://www.sikhanswers.com/rehat-maryada-code-of-conduct/why-are-some-sikhs-strict-about-who-prepares-the-food-they-eat/

http://tapoban.org/article/53