Reality show American Idol rumored to feature Sikh contestant

JSinghnz

Little bit disappointed after watching the audition. I mean don't get me wrong, I think he's done us proud by being a real Sikh and representing us without compromising our values. I'm just a bit diassapointed with his voice. He can sing. He's a decent singer. But I was hoping for a great singer. He's not that. Therefore, the next round is as far as he'll get, and that's a shame.

Little bit disappointed after watching the audition. I mean don't get me wrong, I think he's done us proud by being a real Sikh and representing us without compromising our values. I'm just a bit diassapointed with his voice. He can sing. He's a decent singer. But I was hoping for a great singer. He's not that. Therefore, the next round is as far as he'll get, and that's a shame.

Thought the same exact thing.

I hope he steps up to the game and gains a bit of confidence.

Mariah Carrey was like "You've got to be kidding me" in the beginning lol

So awkward.

I don't understand how this guy is representing the Sikhs. How many of you heard Sakhis of Gursikhs singing songs of maya. In one thread members are upset and disagree with women being labeled as bad, w*ore, sl*t, etc, but in this thread the members are cheering on a person who sings songs that degrade women.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/70093-the-banned-word-filter-activated-shaming-of-sikh-sisters-by-their-own-sikh-brothers/

A little more time spent contemplating the self and reading Gurbani would be able to fix this clear self contradiction that is going on in some here.

I don't understand how this guy is representing the Sikhs. How many of you heard Sakhis of Gursikhs singing songs of maya. In one thread members are upset and disagree with women being labeled as bad, w*ore, sl*t, etc, but in this thread the members are cheering on a person who sings songs that degrade women.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/70093-the-banned-word-filter-activated-shaming-of-sikh-sisters-by-their-own-sikh-brothers/

A little more time spent contemplating the self and reading Gurbani would be able to fix this clear self contradiction that is going on in some here.

Cheer up mate

Okay, so i watched a few clips, he has a nice voice but not a strong voice... that was just focusing in on the vocals rather than what he was singing.

And yes, parts of the clip made me cringe too!

In response to KalSingh's question, I think if a singh has a nice/ good/ strong voice he should use it for singing the praises of god, i.e. live kirtan and this could be done at personal, local, national, global level, where his talent would still be appreciated and he would not be compromising his sikhi.