Bhagat Jaidev ji : sudarshan chakra kirya meditation

waheguru ji why are you distorting Gurbani.........it's not "jor jugat na choote sansar"....and BTW why didn't you copy paste this one like you always do?????????????

Gurbani says ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੁਗਤੀ ਛੁਟੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥ every pankti has many meanings......Gramatical aspect should not be ignored.......

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੁਗਤੀ, ਛੁਟੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥ - meaning.......one can't attain liberation / mukti by force or power......or by doing any other stuff like yoga like sidh-jogis used to do / sraadh / pakhand..........

Second one, ਜੋਰੁ ਨ, ਜੁਗਤੀ ਛੁਟੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥ - liberation can't be attained by force or power but by "the technique" and this technique or jugti is "simran / meditation" (Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji Rarha sahib)

everyone must watch / listen to Giani Thakur singh ji's santheya of Gurbani.....

here's another example......"Saadh ke sang nahi kich ghaal" from sukhmani sahib,,,,

"Sadh ke sang, nahi kish ghaal"........you don't have to work hard if you do sangat of sadhu mahapurkh

secondly "sadh ke sang nahi, kish ghaal" - this one I heard from Sant Baba Gurdev Singh ji Nanaksar wale, to whom Sant Baba Isher Singh ji Kalerawale gave his duties.....meaning just mere sitting by mahapurkhs wouldn't get you anything, you have to work hard....

Now this second meaning doesn't mean that one should not do mahapurkh's sangat........this is their nimrata.....many people will not respect and love mahapurkh from heart but will sit with them for the sake of name-fame and so-called "chaudhar"......this kind of sangat won't get you anything.....

that's why mahapurkh sangat is important because we get to realiize deeper meanings of what Gurbani tells us as our own "dimaag" is not that grown-up yet......

sorry to take the topic off topic...but it was important.....

Yoga is good only until it's followed the gurmat way.....if it's followed to too much extent like sidh / jogis tried to do by closing all 9 dwars forcefully to open 10th...won't work.....

everything has 2 aspects......good and bad......

I am sorry for my mistake(jugat/jugati)

ਆਖਣਿ ਜੋਰੁ ਚੁਪੈ ਨਹ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
Aakhan Jor Chupai Neh Jor ||
No power to speak, no power to keep silent.
ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਮੰਗਣਿ ਦੇਣਿ ਨ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
Jor N Mangan Dhaen N Jor ||
No power to beg, no power to give.
ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੀਵਣਿ ਮਰਣਿ ਨਹ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
Jor N Jeevan Maran Neh Jor ||
No power to live, no power to die.
ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਰਾਜਿ ਮਾਲਿ ਮਨਿ ਸੋਰੁ ॥
Jor N Raaj Maal Man Sor ||
No power to rule, with wealth and occult mental powers.
ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਸੁਰਤੀ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ॥
Jor N Surathee Giaan Veechaar ||
No power to gain intuitive understanding, spiritual wisdom and meditation.
ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੁਗਤੀ ਛੁਟੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
Jor N Jugathee Shhuttai Sansaar ||
No power to find the way to escape from the world.
ਜਿਸੁ ਹਥਿ ਜੋਰੁ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਖੈ ਸੋਇ ॥
Jis Hathh Jor Kar Vaekhai Soe ||
He alone has the Power in His Hands. He watches over all.
ਨਾਨਕ ਉਤਮੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥੩੩॥
Naanak Outham Neech N Koe ||33||
O Nanak, no one is high or low. ||33||

wrong translation. Whole pauri is for your consideration.

thats what thought too

Apparently after a bit of research on Wikipedia in the past few minutes I've discovered each item held by Vishnu (including his sudharshan chakra) is also symbolic of a kind of human trait or characteristic. So I guess that's where the meditation bit comes in. I was just a bit curious as I'd heard the term mentioned in the past.

Jasdeep = i don't know but why ppl these days try to dilute sikhism with hinduism?

UK = I wholly agree Paji. Guru Sahib gave us Shabad Guru to exclusively focus upon learning from - instead some have been misguided by certain Dera heads to emphasise on physical artifacts and icons like the Hindu's, Christians ands Muslims revere as well as focussing on pictures of our Guru Sahib (which are not based on reality) instead of focusing on Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj - which if one has faith in Guru Sahib is provably the best source of Truth to sustain our spiritual, mental and physical health.

i don't know but why ppl these days try to dilute sikhism with hinduism?

badshah darvesh has gifted us in chaubis avtar that the one who were called chaubis avtar,o lord they couldn't realise u by an iota.............

It's tough to get away from when so much of our mythology is shared with the Hindu faith. But I guess you could say the same of the 3 Abrahamic faiths, but the difference being none of those (and their followers) are under illusions as to their own uniqueness. They love reminding us how they're seperate to each other, lol.

It's tough to get away from when so much of our mythology is shared with the Hindu faith. But I guess you could say the same of the 3 Abrahamic faiths, but the difference being none of those (and their followers) are under illusions as to their own uniqueness. They love reminding us how they're seperate to each other, lol.

veerji i agree as sikhism originated from india so indian mythology,but guru sahib has blessed us

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੫ ॥

Salok Ma 5 ||

Shalok, Fifth Mehl:

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਆਰਾਧਣਾ ਜਿਹਵਾ ਜਪਿ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਉ ॥

Anthar Gur Aaraadhhanaa Jihavaa Jap Gur Naao ||

अंतरि गुरु आराधणा जिहवा जपि गुर नाउ ॥

Deep within yourself, worship the Guru in adoration, and with your tongue, chant the Guru's Name.

ਨੇਤ੍ਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੇਖਣਾ ਸ੍ਰਵਣੀ ਸੁਨਣਾ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਉ ॥

Naethree Sathigur Paekhanaa Sravanee Sunanaa Gur Naao ||

Let your eyes behold the True Guru, and let your ears hear the Guru's Name.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਤੀ ਰਤਿਆ ਦਰਗਹ ਪਾਈਐ ਠਾਉ ॥

Sathigur Saethee Rathiaa Dharageh Paaeeai Thaao ||

Attuned to the True Guru, you shall receive a place of honor in the Court of the Lord.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਏਹ ਵਥੁ ਦੇਇ ॥

Kahu Naanak Kirapaa Karae Jis No Eaeh Vathh Dhaee ||

Says Nanak, this treasure is bestowed on those who are blessed with His Mercy.

ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਉਤਮ ਕਾਢੀਅਹਿ ਵਿਰਲੇ ਕੇਈ ਕੇਇ ॥੧॥

Jag Mehi Outham Kaadteeahi Viralae Kaeee Kaee ||1||

In the midst of the world, they are known as the most pious - they are rare indeed. ||1||

ਮਃ ੫ ॥

Ma 5 ||

मः ५ ॥

Fifth Mehl:

ਰਖੇ ਰਖਣਹਾਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਉਬਾਰਿਅਨੁ ॥

Rakhae Rakhanehaar Aap Oubaarian ||

O Savior Lord, save us and take us across.

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਪੈਰੀ ਪਾਇ ਕਾਜ ਸਵਾਰਿਅਨੁ ॥

Gur Kee Pairee Paae Kaaj Savaarian ||

Falling at the feet of the Guru, our works are embellished with perfection.

ਹੋਆ ਆਪਿ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਮਨਹੁ ਨ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਅਨੁ ॥

Hoaa Aap Dhaeiaal Manahu N Visaarian ||

You have become kind, merciful and compassionate; we do not forget You from our minds.

ਸਾਧ ਜਨਾ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਭਵਜਲੁ ਤਾਰਿਅਨੁ ॥

Saadhh Janaa Kai Sang Bhavajal Thaarian ||

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, we are carried across the terrifying world-ocean.

ਸਾਕਤ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਦੁਸਟ ਖਿਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਬਿਦਾਰਿਅਨੁ ॥

Saakath Nindhak Dhusatt Khin Maahi Bidhaarian ||

In an instant, You have destroyed the faithless cynics and slanderous enemies.

This Saahib Kee Ttaek Naanak Manai Maahi ||

That Lord and Master is my Anchor and Support; O Nanak, hold firm in your mind.

Jis Simarath Sukh Hoe Sagalae Dhookh Jaahi ||2||

Remembering Him in meditation, happiness comes, and all sorrows and pains simply vanish. ||2||

I am sorry for my mistake(jugat/jugati)

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੁਗਤੀ ਛੁਟੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
Jor N Jugathee Shhuttai Sansaar ||
No power to find the way to escape from the world.
wrong translation. Whole pauri is for your consideration.

yes ..indeed....for you waheguru ji.......