Burma: Muslims massacred

VanHelsingh

Some rather disturbing and heart-breaking events occuring in Burma in recent days. Burmese Buddhists have been targetting Muslims, and there's been the usual murdering, looting, raping, and burning alive of civilians whilst the Burmese police standby, watch, and do absolutely nothing.

WARNING: Very graphic video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htD9PFHpmgw

What is it with these 3rd world countries and their mob culture that allows such things to happen? I honestly don't know much about the background history to these troubles so I'll definitely be trying to learn what lead to this desperate situation.

I don't think we should blame Buddhism for this. These Burmese doing this by the provocation of Buddhist monks are going against their religion which espouses peace and non violence. If Mahatma Buddha was alive and he saw this I am sure he would be ashamed at what his followers are doing in the name of Buddhism. The whole Muslim world is at shock seeing Rohingiya Muslims being treated this way by these Burmese. Learning from this the Muslims should stop meting out the same brutal treatment their minorities. Not too long ago I remember seeing a shocking video of Malasia or Indonesia of Muslims brutally killing ahmadis, I have met Muslims who say very hateful things about Ahmadis almost to the point of condoning their brutal killings. Similarly there are videos online of Shias being taken off buses and gunned down in Pakistan. The Bahais are killed without mercy in Iran and in our very own India lakhs of Kashmiri Pandits were ethnically cleansed from Kashmir. All humans should think of each other as one big family. If we realize that we have the same Parmaatma pervading inside all of us we would never hurt another Human being, in fact knowing this I don't even think we would intentionally hurt any living being.

Bangladesh is a majority Muslim nation very close to Burma, these Bangalis have not helped these poor Rohingiyas. They will not even allow these refugees to take refuge in Bangladesh, they have forgotten their time of need when millions of Bangalis were fleeing into India in 1970 when Pakistani army was slaughtering Bangalis. To the credit of both India and Pakistan, they have tried to help the Rohingiyas.

... All humans should think of each other as one big family. If we realize that we have the same Parmaatma pervading inside all of us we would never hurt another Human being, in fact knowing this I don't even think we would intentionally hurt any living being.

So true.

The average man needs to awaken and realise how he is being manipulated by those above him into hating and hurting his fellow man. Of course there's isolated incidents of bad people doing bad things for personal gain, envy, etc., but I believe, on the whole, everyone just wants to live in peace with others.

IT IS WRONG TO CALL THESE PEOPLE HUMANS. THEY ARE WORST THEN ANIMALS.

SAME ANIMALS WHICH MASSACRED SIKHS IN 1984.

That's exactly what crossed my mind when I saw these videos. The echoes of the pogroms against the Sikhs are so strong in what's happening in Burma. Disgustingly barbaric behaviour.

This is just the typical muslim tactic of pressurising their hosts into action and riots before crying to their bigger brothers when they get slapped back. Expect Saudi money and arms along with western ex-special forces to flood the country some time in the future to get rid of the opposition and put some puppet like AngSunonetwothree or whatever her name is in charge with unlimited powers so that Western business interests can take over - all in the name of 'stopping genocide'.

Before you all start crying, beating your chests and cajole each other into who should go to Burma first to sort this out, where were you when muslims in Burma were selling Buddhist girls into the prostitution trade? Where were you when they beat Buddhist school children up for being 'unclean'. Where were you when the Buddhist monks were beaten and prevented from holding religous ceremonies by muslims? Where were you when muslim owned compaines forced ordinary Burmese into poverty? Just because the media in your country has suddenly started reporting on something doesnt mean you have a clue what's going on.

At least the Burmese are starting to fight back. Wirathu has more balls than all our lot for putting himself out there to expose the abrahamic conspiracy in his country. Those of you saying 'this isnt Buddhism' dont know the first thing about Buddhism. Hell, you dont know the first thing about Sikhi history - this is how we took Punjab back from the Afghans, Mughals and their local supporters.

I agree with what Johnny101 has been saying.

Might I also add that if the Rohingiyas are so innocent, why will no other Muslim countries offer them sanctuary?

Bangladesh went so far as to shoot at Rohingiyas trying to pass through.

http://www.rfa.org/english/news/burma/refugees-06202012193820.html

What a disgrace on Bangladesh. The Thais killing these poor Rohingyas are demonic, but the Bengalis who have the power to help these Rohingyas but dont is the worst trait of a human being. When looking at these videos, one is reminded that Bengladeshis were in the same position, in fact worst atrocities were committed on them by the Pakistani army, you would think that of all people the Bangladeshis would be compelled to help the Rohingyas, instead they are acting as their enemies.

it's not about 3rd world countries doing this. its about the opportunity.

Humans have always acted in most despicable ways when given the opportunity, when there are break-downs in law and order.

We even saw, to a much lesser extent during UK riots, when normally law-abiding individuals saw a lapse in law and order and took advantage of it.

These situation are not limited to any geographic area. As Sikhs we must pursue knowledge of urban warfare, training both mentally and physically to prepare for such scenarios.

The Burmese believe these Rohingyas to be Bengali settlers and that they have no right to Burmese citizenship. The fact is that in the last few decades the Bangladeshi leadership has been espousing the concept of 'Greater Bangladesh' which combines parts of Assam and NE states as well as parts of Burma. The population has exploded in Bangladesh for the last 50 years and they have been pushing their excess population out of Bangladesh to settle other areas which can then become a part of 'Greater Bangladesh'. This is the reason why they will not give refuge to the Rohingyas, as it goes against their scheme.

The riots that happened last year were when the Muslims raped a Buddhist girl and it was then that the ethnic riots occurred. The Burmese can see that their lands are being settled by the Bangladeshi Muslims and so they are fighting back.

one of the reasons that we assume that Buddhism is a pacifist religion and not capable of violence is probably down to the way it is portrayed as a religion in the west. Buddhism has never shunned violence when necessary, they are not pacifists at all, although there may be some sects that espouse this.

Have any of you lot seen "MONKEY"?

Looking at the burma issue, this area seems to be developing into a new theatre of war where muslims are concerned. if you look at south-east asia, the muslims have been waging jihad in philipines for decades, malayasia and indonesia are already muslim. Thailand has seen a muslims uprising in its southern districts in the last 10 years. The province of Xinjang in western China(bordering Afghanistan) has a Muslim separatist movement going on.

The term "Middle-east" has become synonymous for terrorism, murder bombings etc. Could the Southeast of Asia be following ?