New tactics of CONVERSIONS

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sadh Sangat

Please be aware and inform others. Recently on the train service from Ilford to Liverpool St a Punjabi Girl was constantly being stared at by another girl. Over time this carried on and they both worked within the same part of London.

The Punjabi girl confronted the other girl thinking maybe she may be in trouble and needs help. But this girl has no such problem.

The other girl asked whether she can speak Urdu and then forced the Punjabi girl to take a present.

The Punjabi girl opened the present and it was a "Next" watch with a letter saying we must be friends, you are like my sister and had a phone number for her to contact. I have seen the letter and the girl's name was a muslim one.

The punjabi girl has returned the present back to her and said she doesnt want to be friends.

Please can everyone beaware of these softly softly tactics. The letter sent shives down my spine and the intent of the girl was obvious. She wished to target individuals with Long terms aims of conversion to Islam.

BE AWARE OF THESE TACTICS BEING USED ON TRAINS AND UNDERGROUND.

GurFateh!

The problem is that today in the UK our community is so weak, that these soft approaches would work.

My own cousin converted to Islam due to finding a new circle of friends in Uni. A Punjabi Mona Guy who I grew up with, became a Christian from hanging around with a Church group.

These are the only 2 scenarios I know of, but still it highlights how your sangat can influence you.

"anothersimpleSikh" jee

These new friends were probably caring, approachable, sympathetic.
Thats done to sell their religion. You can't honestly say that they are the same for real, can you? We don't sell our religion, although I agree with you that we may lack in being more caring, approachable, sympathetic.
They could show how their religion could help them in their lives
Gurmukho, Sikhi is to be discovered. We don't need to show anything to anyone. All we can do is be the best Sikhs both from inside and out, and people will realize the beauty of Sikhi themselves.

But yes, your post does bring up a good point.

Vaheguru ji

i've just started uni, my muslim 'friend' from college is now goin to the same uni as me, she used to try to convert me at college, and seems to be trying even now at uni. I chill wid her coz we talk bout god and religion alot, little does she know, that by trying to put me off sikhi/convert me, she is only making me love it even more. I feel like a victim coz im da only singhni, but it feels wicked, and i know dat i got hold on to maharaj's charan so tight n beg him for gian to answer these girls back, there's loads of them now, not just one. The strange thing is we still end the conversations wid pyaar even wen i know wat she's tryin to do, coz i know shes just tryin to be a true muslim, and me a true sikh, so its all good, we both seeking truth, but u gota be soo careful, and so strong though...the questions they come up with can be pretty tough! wacko.gif

Sat Sri Akal:

Here is my story on attempts for missionary activities on the SIkh community:

There is a parade held in New York very year around April (Bisakhi). The last time I went, I found these Asian women handing out little vials of grape juice and literature. Mind you, the literature was in Punjabi about the Bible and what is all so great about Christianity. So attempts are made at the entire community and as individuals (Jehova's Witnesses) all the time. In America, this will not even be an issue with Sikhs who know about Sikhism as they know full well what their religion has to offer.

What matters is that you yourself are secure with Sikhism. If you are not, everything sounds tempting that the missionaries offer and since you know nothing about Sikhism, you think Sikhism has nothing to offer, so of course you would be more inclined to convert.

We don't sell our religion.

We don't need to show anything to anyone.

I was thinking along the lines of what Guru Nanak Dev ji says...Nanak dhoor mangay Gursikh kee, jo Naam japay avara Naam JAPAVAY.

Others (non-Sikhs and Sikhs who don't know much) will only start investigating if they can first see conceptually how Sikhi can help them in their lives, enrich ones life with truthful living and Santokh, what benefits is to be had from Naam japna . Then they will develop the urge to do it and experience the Anand.

I don't think that it means go and do what our brothers and sisters of other religions do.

All we can do is be the best Sikhs both from inside and out, and people will realize the beauty of Sikhi themselves.

Your absolutely right veer ji.

a couple of months ago these two ladies came, a mother and daughter to our front door. they rang the bell. i thought it was my dad outside so i opened the door without looking in the peep hole.

then they kept going on and on. they even know some punjabi words. they gave us thier literature pamphlet thing in the punjabi version :lol: the daughter said her daughter is married to an indian and when she went to school she took punajbi classes to learn the language. rolleyes.gif

when they finally left, i just threw away the literature :(