3Ho White Sikhs Vs Non-3Ho White Sikhs

What's wrong with the video ?

I think we've had these similar discussions before !!

The OP was talking about how they change their names and use 'khalsa' along with singh and kaur.

I have no right to condemn that in any way, but I can see one reason why they would do that -

- If they have fully converted and obviously have their native white names like 'Jones' or 'Smith' then when they take amrit they all adapt 'Singh' and 'Kaur' as per Guruji's instructions but then like most of us this get's place as the middle name leaving the family name at the end just like most Punjabis have.

They also adapt and change their first addressing names to a Sikh inspired name such as 'Satnaam' or 'Gurnaam''...

Therefore, one that was first Gary Michael Jones, now becomes 'Gurnaam Singh Jones'' !!!

Doesn't sound or look right does it and it tells you straight away that the person has EITHER converted from Sikh to Christian, or from Christian to Sikh !!!

So, I think it becomes easier if they get rid of the last surname all together and then replace it with something like ''Khalsa; as that is what they have become and they are in that family where Guruji is father and Mata Sahib kaurji is mother !!

What's wrong with the video ?

I think we've had these similar discussions before !!

The OP was talking about how they change their names and use 'khalsa' along with singh and kaur.

I have no right to condemn that in any way, but I can see one reason why they would do that -

- If they have fully converted and obviously have their native white names like 'Jones' or 'Smith' then when they take amrit they all adapt 'Singh' and 'Kaur' as per Guruji's instructions but then like most of us this get's place as the middle name leaving the family name at the end just like most Punjabis have.

They also adapt and change their first addressing names to a Sikh inspired name such as 'Satnaam' or 'Gurnaam''...

Therefore, one that was first Gary Michael Jones, now becomes 'Gurnaam Singh Jones'' !!!

Doesn't sound or look right does it and it tells you straight away that the person has EITHER converted from Sikh to Christian, or from Christian to Sikh !!!

So, I think it becomes easier if they get rid of the last surname all together and then replace it with something like ''Khalsa; as that is what they have become and they are in that family where Guruji is father and Mata Sahib kaurji is mother !!

I don't think this sounds wrong. Nothing wrong with jones or smith If it is their last name, they should keep it. Khalsa is not suppose to be the last name, it never has been historically either. Even in India, the non Punjabi Sikhs who live all over India, they keep their last name or change it to the name of their village or area, but never Khalsa. I see nothing wrong if tommorow a Christian or Muslim were to become a Sikh, why should they change their last name? they are changing their religion not ethnicity.

I have always thought 3HO was okey, just a little quirky BUT... when they start raving to Gurbani... its just so wrong!!! I've seen videos where they shake their booty more than beyonce and that was whilst singing Jap Ji sahib... some of y'all might call it "lost in masti" ... whilst I think they've lost the plot!

Could you imagine Punjabi Sikhs busting out full out Bhangra moves to Jap Ji Sahib? (Tho Im pretty sure 3HO have probably done this already) Just because they are white and bringing "new" people into Sikhi we seem to accept such behaviour. .

what more worse is some of thier kids , who are not intersted in sikhi or do not keep kesh have the word :"Khalsa" added as caste to thier name .

the link provided earlier were some 3ho morons dancing and doing kirtan . they need old style kutapa!!

Also , if you search . Gobinde mukande udare apare. on youtube

you will see kirtan which is not even kirtan more like songs and some moorakh dancing on it bear headed.

Dancing on kirtan n paath is bedbi..... Who r they to treat our religion in wrong way....

Its good to get converted into sikhi....but we dont want people who change our trend........

I posted one thread few days back where I had argument with a 3HO sikh.... I asked the question to sangat g that why the call themselves 3HO?

The sikh who was discussing about being Amritdhari with me was having a tag on him of 3HO.... We r follower of sikhI not a group or jatha......

N I m hearing whole lot of stories of Christian coverting into sikhs...but see what they r upto...

We dont want a sikh who worship sikhi we actually want sikhs who can die for sikhi.....

If u want sikh to increase the population of Sikh world wide then u would b shocked to know there r enough of people in India who r not keeping daari mooch but they do care of Sikhi....they don't follow khalsa roop but neither do bedbi of sikhi in any way....

N population of Indian Sikhs is enough to take religion forward n peotect it.....WE DONT WANT 3HO n if anyone is having any email address of the Gyanis n sewadar who takes care of Gurudwaras in abroad where these 3HO r existing please PM me LETZ DO SOMETHING TO STOP THESE KIND OF BEDBIS.....

If u want sikh to increase the population of Sikh world wide then u would b shocked to know there r enough of people in India who r not keeping daari mooch but they do care of Sikhi....they don't follow khalsa roop but neither do bedbi of sikhi in any way....

N population of Indian Sikhs is enough to take religion forward n peotect it.....

punjabi sikhs shave daily ...and somehow do so without doing bedbi?? I'm not condoning the dance or saying it is acceptable in that context, but my limited education tells me swaying to music is less offensive than a daily shave.

Gurpreet14 this is not directed at you. It is at all of us...

More important than the specifics of the small talk is that we look at our own limitations, chinese, gora, punjabi etc. all of US and speak with respect. If this forum is a Sikh forum it is one without race and there is no "they" based on race. The majority of the comments are obviously punjabi-based. Punjabis like gorays are severely limited by cultural lenses. I must say punjabi's do a better job of staying stuck there. There is a great deal that is not only tolerated but not even seen in Punjabi sikh culture which could be considered bedbi.

It is normal to be uncomfortable when seeing certain practices. From there however, one should look at ones own limitations and only then speak with respect to or about others to further education and mutual understanding.

The first thing I see is not people dancing. I first see a room full of independent thinkers of whom I am jealous. I am jealous because unlike those people, I have no way of knowing that I would have the intelligence and strength to be a revolutionary that would go against the grain and seek Sikhi if I was not born in a Sikh family. I then don't see people who are not wiling to learn, I see people who are abandoned and shunned by the punjabi society that could learn so much with them.

punjabi sikhs shave daily ...and somehow do so without doing bedbi?? I'm not condoning the dance or saying it is acceptable in that context, but my limited education tells me swaying to music is less offensive than a daily shave

Well first of all its not compulsory to keep hair in sikh religion....

Its a choice of individual to keep hair nor not.....

Knot on head is identify of khalsa which states that we r actually follower of Guru Gobind Singh g.....

He created identity for his people to make them stand unique....

They never said that keep hair n attain God :)

To rise in spirituality one needs to read Gurbani....just by keeping hair or shaving u can't rise in spirituality......

Yes if a person who shaves daily but read Gurbani with luv will attain his high spirit...

While the one who keep hair n dance on the music of Gurbani will attain nothing......

Remember there r limitations to do kirtan...Gurbani dont allow to dance on his words...its a Bedbi....

punjabi sikhs shave daily ...and somehow do so without doing bedbi?? I'm not condoning the dance or saying it is acceptable in that context, but my limited education tells me swaying to music is less offensive than a daily shave

Well first of all its not compulsory to keep hair in sikh religion....

Its a choice of individual to keep hair nor not.....

Knot on head is identify of khalsa which states that we r actually follower of Guru Gobind Singh g.....

He created identity for his people to make them stand unique....

They never said that keep hair n attain God :)

To rise in spirituality one needs to read Gurbani....just by keeping hair or shaving u can't rise in spirituality......

Yes if a person who shaves daily but read Gurbani with luv will attain his high spirit...

While the one who keep hair n dance on the music of Gurbani will attain nothing......

Remember there r limitations to do kirtan...Gurbani dont allow to dance on his words...its a Bedbi....

shut up..... who said u keeping hair is not important?

even before dasve patshah maharaj , followers of sikhism kept kesh...

the rehatnama of bhai nand lalji which was authored by them before 1699 read as follows

guru sikh rehat suno re meet uth parbhat karo hid cheet

waheguru gur manta jaap

after few lines

kanga dono waqt kar pagh chune kar bhandhie....

so we get to know if someone has no hair ,how he will do kanga?

bina kes tegum na davu didaare.....

dont make loose comments..............