Another Muslim Weds Sikh In Gurdwara

AmanSingh1867

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shanaya

A Muslim girl would willingly marry a Sikh guy going against her faith and beliefs, therefore she should be given the same respect just the way a Sikh girl would receive if she married a Sikh boy because at the end of the day it takes great courage to go against your entire family, faith, religion and teachings to marry a non- Muslim guy. "If we continue to try and play this numbers game our religion will suffer because of it (just look at how many problems the muslim community have)" (KULLYKHALSA). Instead of raising fingers and writing such comments against the Muslim community, you rather look at your own reflection coz it clearly shows that a person which such thoughts of stating that the "Muslim community have so many problems", clearly reflects that your upbringing and values must have been really poor, disgusting and low, or else you wouldn't have stated such an offensive comment. Don't state such a strong opinion if you cannot back it up with facts. Before commenting something against Islam, just reflect whether your faith and your upbringing is any better and take this as an advice.

Guest Shanaya

In Islam, a Muslim man cannot marry 5 wives. The maximum is 4, therefore get it right. Also, they cannot marry 4 wives for pleasure or just to have so many wives. It is only acceptable if the child does not have a mother, therefore marrying in order for the child to be brought up by a mother or the wife is disabled or paralyzed and you need a wife to take care of you and for your own needs but that does not mean abandoning the other one. Also, it is acceptable if the wife cannot have a child and you need a child to continue the generation. Therefore, I kindly request Mahan Singh and other Muslim haters to state facts rather than assumptions and opinions. Every person has the right to make their own decisions even if it means converting into another religion and leave the religion you were taught since childhood. Also, if Sikhs are converting into another religion and abandoning Sikhism, then there must be a strong reason to it, for example realisation that Sikhism is not a strong religion and their faith itself is weak or maybe Sikhism is not a religion that has strong followers like other religions (e.g. Islam) that devote their lives for their faith. Islam is a growing religion not because Muslims force people to become a Muslim (unlike some Catholic Christians who always want people to convert into Christianity), but instead Islam is one of the fastest growing religion because Muslims strongly believe in their faith and wholeheartedly accept their beliefs, unlike other religions who just show off and blame other religions if their population is decreasing._Daman_ if Sikhism does got extinct, dw it will be remembered as part of history because you cannot force someone to remain a Sikh if your faith and religion is weak because Islam is one of the strongest, purest and the fastest growing religion in history. So stop posting comments against Islam because it just highlights how jealous you are coz you cant take the fact that your community is weakening and you guys are losing followers whilst Islam is gaining followers and day by day our community is strengthening.

A Muslim girl would willingly marry a Sikh guy going against her faith and beliefs, therefore she should be given the same respect just the way a Sikh girl would receive if she married a Sikh boy because at the end of the day it takes great courage to go against your entire family, faith, religion and teachings to marry a non- Muslim guy. "If we continue to try and play this numbers game our religion will suffer because of it (just look at how many problems the muslim community have)" (KULLYKHALSA). Instead of raising fingers and writing such comments against the Muslim community, you rather look at your own reflection coz it clearly shows that a person which such thoughts of stating that the "Muslim community have so many problems", clearly reflects that your upbringing and values must have been really poor, disgusting and low, or else you wouldn't have stated such an offensive comment. Don't state such a strong opinion if you cannot back it up with facts. Before commenting something against Islam, just reflect whether your faith and your upbringing is any better and take this as an advice.

The truth can be offensive to those who do not wish to have the truth told to them. Are you saying that the Muslim community does not have many problems? KullyKhalsa's comment could be called offensive if the Muslim community did not have the many problems that it so clearly has. This is not to say that the Sikh community also does not have problems but the MAIN difference is that the Sikh community's problems stem from the fact that some Sikhs do not follow Sikhism to the letter and the problems of the Muslim community stem from the fact that some Muslims are following their religion to the letter (ie ISIS).

What I find offensive here is that you come on the forum to criticise Sikhs for pointing out that the Muslim community has problems. You might wish to live in a fools paradise and think that all is well with your community but only someone who lives their life in blinkers would think this. I mean if the Sikh community had a group of people who were taking non-Sikhs as sex slaves, killing some non-Sikhs and converting some by force to Sikhism as well as throwing homosexuals from tall buildings and no Sikh religious authority was pointing out how unsikh these acts are then I would say that the Sikh community had problems equal to the problems within the Muslim community.

Rather than come on this forum to have a go at Sikhs for pointing out the problems within your community I would say your time would be better spent in highlighting how unislamic is the behaviour of ISIS. Of course this would presuppose that the behaviour of ISIS is unislamic which having researched Islam for the last decade leads me to believe is not the case and that ISIS has a more credible interpretation of Islam than the dishonest airy fairy version of Islam that the west has been fed such as 'Islam is a religion of peace' and 'Mohammed was a mercy to mankind' etc

You may wish to live your life according to a believe system dreamt up by a 7th century slave trader who had a good side line in caravan raiding as well as rape and pillage which for his time was a quite respectable career path but in the modern world there will be non-Muslims who will call you out on your outdated and primitive belief system.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Asha Kaur

I have read about interrelation marriages a lot. I was born a muslim but I called myself a muslim by name only. I never wanted to practise Islam and wasn't involved in it a lot. I was told to read the Quran and learn about Islam as I grew up, but regardless of my beliefs I loved living in my house with a family like I had. It all changed when I fell in love with a sikh boy. I was previously reading about Sikhism and had fallen in love with the whole religion but never found the courage to speak out about it. I was never allowed out so I couldn't go to the gurdwara. Sikhi was in my blood from the minute I was born. I realised this the moment I met the sikh guy and I wanted to accept this way of living. He isn't a practising sikh but knows a lot about his religion. Our religion. I changed my name to Asha Kaur because I liked it and slowly but surely me and my partner started talking about Sikhism. I grew more and more fond and found myself going into a gurdwara one day, unaware of where to go because it was scary meeting people from different religions. I had run away from home at this point because my parents had stuffed ideas into my head about being married to a boy of their choice and that I should leave him but I just couldn't handle leaving him. I knew they'd hurt me as they had battered me up before I left.

As I walked into the gurdwara, my heart felt at ease. It was better than any mosque I had ever been too. My recollection of going to mosque was always painful since my cousins funeral was held in one and I could never come to terms with it. This was different. As the person on the mic read from the Guru Granth Sahib Jee I felt my heart settle down and I asked someone the directions to the office where I could talk to someone about taking up the sikh faith. I walked over and talked to someone about it and the person showed me a video explaining sikhi. I knew this was the religion for me. After regularly visiting gurdwareh I did an ardaas with the rest of the office people present and asked god to accept me into the religion i was always meant to be in. It was there I changed my name and I have never been happier. Wearing the Kara and walking into the gurdwara has become my life. Bowing down to our eternal guru and eating Langar with my fellow bibiyan and brothers is the best feeling ever. Getting involved in gurmat camps and helping little kids see sikhi for what it is has become a norm. I am now happy with my partner and his family are supportive of us being together at a time were my family have disowned me. Interrelation marriages are not all bad. It's not the people who are wrong it's the circumstances in which things happen that affect everything :)

The Love Trap

Unfortunately, most of the cases like the one shown in the video, do not have a happy endings. By the time the girl is abandoned for whatever reason, there are not many Rajwinders left to turn to. Even the parents may not be there to help them out. Women, who converted from other religion may not find much support in the new community either.

http://www.sikhnet.com/filmfestival/2014/the-love-trap/

Herein lies a priceless lesson for everyone wishing to marry out of their birth religion. Good on you.

Actually, I think a Sikh woman is more likely to preserve Sikhism when married to a muslim than vice versa.

How?

Scenario: Its thundering outside and your child is having a nightmare...The muslim girl, would say "allah will not harm you, say mohammeds name, etc"...she will preach Islam to her child, and her child will turn toward Islam.

Same scenario, the Sikh woman would most likely calm her child in the religion she grew up in....saying waheguru etc, taking the kid to the gurdwara...she will expose Sikhism to her child without realizing herself.

Doesn't make any sense!

Therefore, you learn most religious habits and values from your mother growing up....just a fact..

Argument reduntant!