Master Tara Singh

Nalwa

I can't say anything about him as I don't know much about him but in general I would give a big F grade to such leaders.

Off-topic...

Master Tara singh's daughter rajinder Kaur wrote some high negative allegations against sant ji.. (he mentioned in one of his speeches about her faults). Kiranjot Kaur is master Tara's granddaughter who is sgpc member.

Master Tara Singh was the strongest non-Muslim leader in Punjab in the 1940s. This is the reason why even the Hindu legislators in the Punjab assembly declared him their leader as he was the only one would could stop the whole of Punjab from becoming a part of Pakistan.

Maharaja of Patiala did a lot of good work by arming the Jathas and making sure that there was room for the Sikh and Hindu refugees in East Punjab. Otherwise his role was not that good, he basically gave away his Raj without a whimper and merged his state into India. The Maharaja of Faridkot and the Maharaja of Patiala were rivals and each did not want the other to do well politically so they cancelled each other out.

As for the future, the Sikhs should be concentrating on parchar and creating the unity that existed in the 70s and 80s so that when India collapses, we are in a position to take back our freedom.

Agreed Mastar Tara Singh Jee does not deserve to be on the list of traitors because he was not a traitor. His only fault was to be too trusting in the wrong people.

I may be wrong but i would say naive would be more accurate, in a land where verbal agreements are forged and discarded in the same breath, some things had to go beyond words, and put down on paper. Baldev Singh is guilty of this as well.

But the crux of this matter is that, Master Ji was not a politician at heart, he was no statesman, people like Giani Kartar Singh were much more politically shrewd than him, also Kartar Singh Jhabbar was as well.

Master Tara Singh was the strongest non-Muslim leader in Punjab in the 1940s. This is the reason why even the Hindu legislators in the Punjab assembly declared him their leader as he was the only one would could stop the whole of Punjab from becoming a part of Pakistan.

Even as the strongest non-muslim ruler, in the overall scheme of things he was still weak.

Can we somehow start some sort of agitation to include/count the forgotten 12 crore Sikhs (Vanjaras, Sikligar, et al) as Sikhs and not Hindus. Say the 2014 census of India says Sikhs are now 15 crores, that is like 12% of the 1 billion Indian population, and trust me that number just can NOT be neglected ever, in terms of politics, economy, education or any field. What is even better is that they are spread out all over India, especially in the western and southern states. Add to this a small number of Sikhs coming in from Pakistan and Afghanistan also.

Yeah... but that would just be a statistical exercise. No harm in doing it, but it's not the most critical use of our limited resources at this stage. I doubt such an effort would bear fruit in the way that you imagine, never mind because of India's inherent anti-Sikh bias, but mostly because I don't see a united India even existing for long enough for such a result to impact positively on Sikh representation/opportunities within India.

On the other hand, a slightly different approach would be HIGHLY WELCOME.

The kind that Jonny101 and proactive veer's advocate.

ACTIVE PARCHAR.

Active parchar to the same groups, and others, will ensure that they are on our side, and not the enemy's, when the impending civil war engulfs the sub continent.

This will surely bear fruit. Not only would your population be greater on paper, but in practice too. You would find that your forces swell, particularly in the case of the Satnami's; who have been Sikhs since at least Nauven Patshah, if not earlier; and have already proven they have the stomach for a fight when they challenged the might of Aurangzeb in his heyday.

Man who fought in Gurdwara Sudhar lehar , fought Muslims for Punjab and also for Punajbi suba is a spineless leader ? Truth is we need someone like Master Tara Singh who can take stand . Tell me one sikh leader who did so much for the panth ? Except Sant Bhindranwale nobody comes close to Master Tara Singh . Why there is hate for him just because he was a born Hindu or he was from Rawalpindi to whom most pindus called bhaapas .

Why was my post deleted?

Tell me what violates your forum policy in this and then maybe I can amend :) ;

" ... LMAO!!!

Dude ...

1. Learn to read;

2. Learn to read English, specifically;

3. Learn to interpret the rules of syntax and grammar in the English language;

4. Take a deep breath;

5. Re-read MY above post (#31, just to make it entirely CLEAR to the mods);

6. Apologise;

7. Take some anger management lessons.

The above seven-step plan WILL help save you making a fool of yourself in the future.

All that initial advice at no cost. Pretty good deal eh? :biggrin2: "

I have read he was among the founding fathers of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad.

Yeah, so have I.

That fact alone kinda informs part of my opinion about Master Ji's judgment. As it should, for any concerned human being.

Bless his little socks.

The VHP is the same pan-India organisation that it's responsible for the insistent Hindu claim that "Sikhs are part of the Hindus".

You might remember that it's president, Praveen Togodia, tried to have Dasven Patshah's photo installed at all Mandirs a few years back (Pehle Patshah's photo had already been up for a long time); in a blatant and crude attempt to provide false credence to the above lie.

"Founded 29 August 1964

Founder(s)

Keshavram Kashiram Shastri

Swami Chinmayananda

S.S. Apte

Sri Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji

Master Tara Singh"

"Viśva Hindu Parishad

(English: World Hindu Council), abbreviated VHP , is a Hindu organisation in India and is based on the ideology of Hindutva . Founded in 1964, [4] its main objective is to organise - consolidate the Hindu society and to serve - protect the Hindu Dharma. "

"History

The VHP was founded in 1964 by Keshavram Kashiram Shastri. The other co-founders were the Hindu spiritual leader Swami Chinmayananda , former RSS member S.S. Apte, Supreme Spiritual Head of the Namdhari Sikhs Sri Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji and Sikh leader Master Tara Singh ."

"The VHP, which considers Buddhists , Jains and Sikhs as part of the greater Hindu fraternity, officially mentions that it was founded by the "Saint Shakti of Bharat"."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishva_Hindu_Parishad

If that doesn't send alarm bells ringing about Master Ji's lack of understanding of the distinct nature of the Sikh Nation; what will?

Here, you can see Master Ji at the Inception of Vishwa Hindu Parishad in 1964.

(Seated, quite flatteringly, right in the middle of the high profile deliberations, right next to the legendary racist/fascist, RSS supremo, Gowalkar himself!

Nothing says more, and that too, pictorially, about the sheer stupidity and gullibility of our pre and post ghulaami "leaders" (until 1978) than this one picture does!)

http://rajoana.blogspot.com/2012/03/deep-malhotra-master-tara-singh-was.html?m=1

And this is what he said at that historic conference that gave birth to the VHP:

“Protection of Dharma is our Dharma. Khalsa Panth was born for that purpose. Never have I left Hinduism. Guru Govind Singh has produced a lot of Gurumukhi literature based on Vedas, Puranas and the like. Are we to leave all that?

In fact Hindus and Sikhs are not two separate communities. Name is Sikh and beard… Mona (non beard) Sikh and Sevak… That is all…

Sikhs live if Hinduism exists. If Sikhs live Hinduism lives. They are not two separate communities. They are one indeed. Lack of mutual confidence has been a small problem. This situation must be put to an end. I want to see that.

A Hindu revival movement is very necessary and it will certainly come up. If Sri Guruji Golwalkar takes it up it could be easily built up.”

http://www.khalistan.net/?p=944

As the proselytizing arm of the RSS, the VHP is also the parent of our good ol' mates, that love attacking the helpless, unarmed, mostly shopkeeper, minority Sikhs in the cities of Panjaab;

The Bajrang Dal.

Affectionately known to our Panjaab veers as The Bandar Dal.

Another feather in Master Ji's cap.

(Or pagg, to be historically precise).