Blue Is The Sikh Colour; Not Saffron

Nalwa

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Saffron color for the banner was selection of Guru Hargobind (Indirect deduction. Gurmatt Martand, S.G.P.C., page 616) and was not blue to begin with. At the time of Guru Gobind Singh, the color of Nishan Sahib changed to blue, and Nihangs maintain the tradition. In the Maharaja Ranjit Singh period, Nishan Sahib was blue (Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgir, World Sikh News, June 30, 1995 AD). After the Maharaja, may be under the influence of Dogras (majority environmental effect) it became white. Baba Naaena Singh and Akali Phoola Singh left the color of the Akali-Dal flag yellow, but changed Dastaar (see Dastaar) to antimony. Some use antimony color for Pharera (flag) which is not a tradition. They seem to derive this color from the color of the turban of Guru Gobind Singh. It is not clear as to how and when the color returned to saffron (A discussion with Dr. Bhai Harbans Lal, Arlington TX, USA).

source: http://www.sikhmissionarysociety.org/sms/smsarticles/essaysonsikhvalues/ensignofdignity/

Prove that this order came from Guru Ji, I would love to see your proof.

This one is from tankhanama of bhai nand lal singh

ਸੂਹਾ ਪਹਿਣ ਲਏੇ ਨਸਵਾਰ

One who wears red and uses tobacco,

ਕਹੇ ਗੋਬਦਿ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਮ ਕਰੇ ਖਵਾਰ ॥ (੧੭)

Gobind Singh says, he will be punished by the messanger of death.

ਸੂਹੇ ਅੰਬਰ ਪਹਿਨ ਕਰ, ਜੋ ਨਾਸੇ ਨਸਵਾਰ The Sikh who wears red, or uses tobacco

ਲਗੇ ਤਾੜਨਾ ਸੀਸ ਪਰ, ਸੁਨੀਏ ਨਰਕ ਮੰਝਾਰ । ੧੨ । They will be beaten on their head and are headed towards hell.

This one is from rehitnama of bhai prehlad singh ji

The panj pyare also told me not to wear red or green.

Prove that this order came from Guru Ji, I would love to see your proof.

Veerji, the red and green colour is discouraged since the creation of the Khalsa to distinguish the Sikhs from the Hindus and Muslims. In North India at the time the Muslims would wear green turbans and Hindus would support the red colour. Guru Jee gave us blue so we can become distinguishable from the other two Panths(Hindus and Muslims). Even during war the Muslims and HIndus banners/flags were green/red.

I know this is a crude example but think of it in modern terms in the example of bloods and crips how they distinguish each other from the colour they support. In the case of Bloods they use red and Crips use blue.