Blue Is The Sikh Colour; Not Saffron

Nalwa

That is still not enough proof these sources can also have been tampered with?

If you truly believe, from the bottom of your heart, that the prime sources of religious and moral conduct "have been tampered with"; then you will not find solace in any major organised religion.

Perhaps you can invent your own, from your vast, infinite wisdom, free of all "tampering". :D

I don't believe it as it makes no sense but on the other hand gurbani always makes sense and we can always say this is the words by our Guru as I always see logic behind it.

MEGA LOL - you "test" Gurbani by holding it up against your "perfect" all-knowing logic!!! LOL!!! I bow down to you, my creator. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Clearly this is incorrect be careful in what you read.

Whatever you say - "GURU JEE"!!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

That is still not enough proof these sources can also have been tampered with? I don't believe it as it makes no sense but on the other hand gurbani always makes sense and we can always say this is the words by our Guru as I always see logic behind it. Clearly this is incorrect be careful in what you read.

Red is a colour and a beautiful colour it is. So if I wear a red shirt to work will I be punished by death??? Clearly not.

I must say - this one post is pure gold, and should be permanently reserved in the SikhSangat hall of fame, as it is quite possibly the greatest, most rib-tickling, perfectly idiotic statement to have ever graced this forum; and the honour is all ours. We are all deeply enriched for it. :lol2:

God bless you Singh - I really laughed real hard at this post. I salute you.

Thank you, from the deepest chamber of my heart!!!

I promise you I will pray for you in return for making me laugh so much.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

hSingh Jee, No, you probably will not go to hell for wearing red or green shirt. I believe we need to see this from the historical sociological and psychological perspective to get the right picture. Guru Jee made us distinguishable from the Hindus and Muslims. Our scriptures, greetings, values, dress and yes even colour is distinct(Nyara) from them. We are the teesar Panth. That is why always Sikh warriors for the last 300 years have been wearing blue. During the Akali movement when Sikhs were reinvigorated with the spirit of sacrificing themselves for Sikhi, they began wearing blue. Nihangs have maintained many old traditions of the Khalsa to this day, wearing blue is one of them. Our old rehitnamas instruct Sikhs to do many things that will prevent us from assimilating with the Hindus and Muslims and wearing blue is one of them. This is part of the uniform of a Khalsa warrior since the start.

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

when you go infront of that Guru you go as a humble servent , leaving that mind behind.

one does not question The Guru's Word

If you have love/shardha for that Guru , you will belive in every single thing Guru's said.

and regard every single thing they owned as priceless .

Clearly the questioning person here does not wana believe in the rehatnama and states you are reading it wrong.

Rehatnama's were supposed to be simple and easy to understand

So guru's made it simple.

Even Taksali sings recite rehatnama's daily to pay respect to guru's Bani

now a person argue's , only if that hukam is going against the thing they like

you cant even Give up a color for Guru and what can Guru Expect more from you :)

PS:- wasnt Gandalf Gay LOL?

When we read rehitnamas (in this case above) we need to use bibek buddhi and reconcile and anyalize them with gurbani updesh at various different levels. Wearing red or not wearing red has no sikh spiritual signifance as at the end there is no dualism as such (khalsa who is bhramgyani is engaged in all gunas not confined or attached by it as he is above from all gunas , de-attached-nirlaip and at turiya pad ) and above its meant to be an entry level updesh based on those times and based on demographics so that we can stand out ( as johnny veer pointed) and cannot be applied at all levels/stages of sikh journey. I find nothing wrong with above rehitnamas but everything wrong with people are not able to contextualize it properly.

When mother scolds her child and gives tarna does she literally mean things or does she say things to raise bar/instill pride in the child? does it apply on all circumstances/stages/demographics/suitations? or that moment? Gurmat is just like mother. Gurmat uses tarna wale updesh to raise bar for sikhs to instill confidence of identity according to time needs. But that does not mean those updesh applies in all stages/circumstances/times/demographics etc.

At this time and age above updesh may not apply as rigid rule as it was meant for according to time needs and its based on demographics.At this time and age everyone know we are sikhs and easily distinguised between hindus and muslism as none of them wear red or green in its totality.

With that being said, blue is national color for khalsa and so we should have pride in that - i always wear blue myself (with exception of canada day) and sometimes white but that does not mean other colors such as white, red, yellow, green, peach are all manmat colors if that was case why don't you guys go on a mission rip those various different colors including red and green rumulas in which sri guru granth sahib is adorned or relics of guru sahib- chola and so forth who wore different colors- green saroop of sri guru gobind singh ji at hazoor sahib ?

This type of rigid/black and white thinking have no place in Gurmat. It's very distribuing trend where sikh youths are stuck in entry level things and following jevoh witness/ aurenzeb sharia type of fear mongering parchar (turning non dual vahiguroo to nazi god/allah) to justify their black and white mindset.

Unfortunately, sikh youths these days flaunt more rehitnamas ( stuck at entry level beginning shariat- confined into it- wrapped their head around it) than following gurbani, rehit(outer and inner rehit) and moving upwards to different naam abhyas level, contemplate on gurbani and working with their mind thoughts..ironically enough jevoh witness/marmons/anglican/ muslim youths who idiolized aurenzeb shariaism do the same - flaunt hadith quotes than quran and others. Why? It's very easy to follow , more you follow easy rules more hardcore (in people's eyes) one will become in the circle and more hardcore one will become more sheeps one able to be gather and control and herd, and more sheeps there will be... more control - abuse, fascism, extremism against others- so on and so forth.

Its no wonder jesus and mohammad sahib told sant harnam singh ji rampur khera wale - sri guru nanak dev ji updesh is so simple and straight forward - naam simran, niskham seva but unfortunately sikhs are not able to take advantage of it

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

when you go infront of that Guru you go as a humble servent , leaving that mind behind.

one does not question The Guru's Word

If you have love/shardha for that Guru , you will belive in every single thing Guru's said.

and regard every single thing they owned as priceless .

Clearly the questioning person here does not wana believe in the rehatnama and states you are reading it wrong.

Rehatnama's were supposed to be simple and easy to understand

So guru's made it simple.

Even Taksali sings recite rehatnama's daily to pay respect to guru's Bani

now a person argue's , only if that hukam is going against the thing they like

you cant even Give up a color for Guru and what can Guru Expect more from you :)

PS:- wasnt Gandalf Gay LOL?

Just to clarify its not that I don't believe in rehatnamas but when there are contradictory lines in them that go against gurmat it shows it can't be our guru's words.

Can we really believe our guru would say that wearing red will get you punished by the messenger of death?

Our Guru's were intelligent and not some superstitious pandits or fakirs. And it was the same guru who explained to the muslims that God is everywhere when he was pointing his feet towards the Kabah?

But some of the sikhs have become so blind they still can't distinguish between what our Gurus words were and some tampering in rehatnamas.