Animal Sacrifices?!

GKaur1315

Eating meat because your lifestyle demands it is understandable.

Taking bhang when one is perfectly healthy & when the panth is not at war..doesn't really make much sense to me. And if it aids in mediation,then why didn't Guru Ji tell the whole panth to take it regularly? The way im looking at it is this; If something could help a Sikh in mediation of all things, then would it be mentioned & stressed upon by our Gurus?

As for using goat's blood on Guru Ji's weapons..eh i really do want to understand the logic behind this but i need some historical reference of it being acceptable. So if you know about a source dating back to Guru Ji's time talking about this practice, let me know & i'll get to my reading.

You can find and read any if the historical sources listed below:

All the historical Sikh texts such as Sri Gur Sobha by Kavi Saina Singh (1741), Gur Rattan Mala by Sahib Singh (1734), Gurbilas by Kuir Singh (1751), Bansavlinama by Kesar Singh (1769), Mehima Prakash by Saroop Singh (1776), Guru Kian Sakhian by Saroop Singh Kaushish (1790), Shaheed Bilas by Seva Singh (1803), Singh Sagar by Bir Singh Bal (1827), Sri Guru Pracheen Panth Prakash by Rattan Singh Bhangu (1841), Sri Gurpratap Suraj Prakash by Kavi Santokh Singh (1843), Gurmat Nirannya by Pandit Tara Singh Narotam (1877), and Naveen Panth Prakash by Giani Gian Singh (1878), as well as the puratan rehit namas all have references to jhatka being accepted within the Sikh code of conduct (Rehit Maryada), or the clear ban on eating flesh that has been killed according to the Muslim ritual of Halal, also known as Kutha within the Sikh community.

In response to your questions about shaheedi degh:

During puratan times the fauj had no pain killers or morphine etc and not all singhs became shaheed, some had arms chopped etc but still survived. There were no hospitals or medicine, all the fauj had with them for use as first aid supplies was haldi, mustard oil, salt, neem and bhang. Bhang was grinded up and used as a pain killer hence it being referred to as 'sukhnidhan'. When the bhang is grinded up other things like black pepper, almonds, cardamom, cus cus and sweet crystals or sugar are also added. This mixture is very high in protein and the black pepper wards of general illness like colds & flu. Bhang is known to have a meditative effect when consumed so an added bonus if u like was after being so good to consume for physical reasons it also aided with your spiritual practice.

These days when people get ill they go to the doctor for all sorts, get pain killers, injections for various health problems, most medicine contains alcohol but sikhs still consume it?! Now how is that different to nihangs consuming shaheedi degh as a medinine with added side effects of aiding in meditation? Is that not a better side effect then the ones caused by western medicine?

The nihangs I met in India are generally very healthy and do do suffer from problems like high blood pressure or diabetes which so many people suffer from these days. They also live to quite an old age whilst being fully physical able and put this all down to the consumption of shaheedi degh. If u ever in panjab or hazoor sahib I recommend you spend some time with them, u will realise they are not as bad as everyone thinks they are and their lifestyle has a lot of logic behind it.

Yeah I was talking to many parchariks regarding state of youth here for eg gyani sher Singh was flabbergasted regarding fascism here among sikh youths.. He said aurenzebi type sharia ism sikhi has taken birth in west.. While in East sikhs regardless of differences are very understanding, tolerant and in general very happy.

Situation in uk is very disturbing, the worse thing is it's not just contained to the youth. There are people with no knowledge what so ever teaching young kids at camps etc and spreading a very narrow minded view on Sikhi. No one seems to want to stay within their limits, everyone is a Giani lol. I met most dal jathedars and baba Jagjit Singh and they said when people with limited gyan and no kamai try to lead the pack then this is what happens. Everyone wants to be a jathedar, a Giani, appear on sikh tv but truth is kamai and jeevan are lacking

For those that are saying that the Panth is not at war hence we do not need certain traditions are wrong. Can you guarantee tommorrow? This world is in a perpetual state of war. "Peace time" is used to prepare for war.

Those that are viewing certain traditions from a purantical viewpoint and demanding the abolishment of these traditions are putting their community at a severe disadvantage. Soldiers that are the most flexible, adaptable will win the wars and bring glory to their people.

The idea of food being tamasic, rajasic etc..is a brahmanvad concept based on the caste system and its duties.