Sikh Panth, Sikh Prisoners, And Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa

acsap

The point is hunger strikes don't work, it's not even good Sikhi wise to take on fasting and let your health deteriorate I'm such a manner, your is more like a Mahatma Gandhi type tactic..

Refer to Darshan Singh Pheruman.

Although I do not like comparing the pervert Gandhi to a Gursikh, he fasted 17 odd times and never more than 21 days in any one stint, but even he had some positive results.

Sikhi and fasting do not go hand in hand from a dharm perspective but this was not performed to get closer to Vaheguru in the form of 'Upavaasa'.

Sikhs are acting on there own due to the complete inaction on the issues facing the Sikhs. 30 years after Bluestar and the genocide lasting until 1995 , no major Sikh institution or organization has come forward to help the victims and work to lift panth. As we saw just now , the vast majority of Sikh groups did nothing, it was the ordinary sangat that protested. Funny how those will be debate minor issues are strangely silent on the key issues that face Sikhs. It easy to call people Nastiks and thugs , but what are they doing to help Sikh themselves?

Bhai Gurbaksh Singh did his best , he highlighted Sikhs in jail that I was not aware of , showed the deep corruption in even non SGPC groups. What is coming forward and happens at time of change is that the Sikh Sangat is awake and acting after a long time.

You are right, there is no way he can now try the same thing again all credibility of hunger strikes is now lost its like the "boy who cried wolf". Once, twice people might believe you 3rd time forget about it. It's also a broken ardaas which should not be taken lightly.

In other words it was a short sighted and not very intelligent strategy.

But why go on a hunger strike in the first

place as it is against the tenets of

Sikhism. I hope and pray no Sikh ever

dares to go on this stupid path ever again

and if any Sikh does he should be

excommunicated from the Panth.