How Is The Jathedar Of Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib Chosen?

Mehtab Singh

Please forgive me if you guys are not very familiar with Urdu. Listen to what Mr. Hassan Nisar is saying here about Islamic history. Does it ring a bell? Try to see it from a Sikh perspective and ask yourself: Have we fallen into the same trap?

If you don't understand Urdu please carry on in some other thread.

Thanks

I only understood half of this so can u translate the part where he talks about traitors especially the part where he says traitors are born in a certain culture, the culture of ______.

Thanks veer mehtab Singh ji

Nothing is wrong with the Panth taking over the Gurdwaras from the Hinduized Mahants who were fully backed by the British government. Only mistake the Singhs back then made was to adopt the election system of the British. Democracy does not work in religious institutions because most of the Janta that votes have un Sikh habits such as drinking, not doing Paath regularly, doing Beadbi of Kesh etc.

An SGPC official should be chosen based on his spiritual jeevan, his Rehit, the Bani he has memorized. Jathadhari of Akal Takht should not be made into a Jagir of any Jatha or Sampradah who think they should be allowed to become Jathadar because they also happen to be Jathadar of a particular Sampradah. In that case we can only imagine how much more damage Santa Singh would have done to the Panth had he been Jathadar of the Akal Takht in 1984. Now Shaheed Jathadar Gurdev Singh Kaunke was an upright Jathadar. He was educated in Damdami Taksal, he had a lot of Bani memorized, kept Rehit even while in jail when he was being tortured by the police.

Jathedar-Gurdev-Singh-Kaunke-2.jpg

Yes I found a video about Jathedar Gurdev Singh Kaunke. I was shocked that in 1986 he was able to be picked within all the indian government agents coming in and stopping Sikh activities here and there. Also he did massive parchar, and was well respected by most. Village Kaunke was special because it was visited by Guru Hargobind who did a bachan there that many diamonds will be born there. He sure was a bright diamond.

Yes I found a video about Jathedar Gurdev Singh Kaunke. I was shocked that in 1986 he was able to be picked within all the indian government agents coming in and stopping Sikh activities here and there. Also he did massive parchar, and was well respected by most. Village Kaunke was special because it was visited by Guru Hargobind who did a bachan there that many diamonds will be born there. He sure was a bright diamond.

Yes, Jathadar Jee was how a Jathadar of Akal Takht should be. So strict he was in rehit that when he was picked up by the punjab police, and they began torturing him he did not give up his bibek. He did so much Paath everyday including Panj Granthi. His Amritvela was early in the morning. May Guru Sahib bless us with such a Jathadar again for the Chardikala of the Panth.