Delhi's Aurangzeb Road Not To Be Renamed

JSinghnz

Aurangzeb Road in Lutyen's Delhi, the address of the city's many billionaires, will not be renamed, parliament was told Wednesday.

The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) had recently demanded that Aurangzeb Road be named after Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur.

Guru Teg Bahadur was executed by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb.

The name of the road was not changed by the New Delhi Municipal Council in the light of the guidelines of the home ministry, Minister of State for Home

Affairs Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary said in the Rajya Sabha.

Big News Network (IANS) Wednesday 17th December, 2014

Aurangzeb Road in Lutyen's Delhi, the address of the city's many billionaires, will not be renamed, parliament was told Wednesday.

The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) had recently demanded that Aurangzeb Road be named after Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur.

Guru Teg Bahadur was executed by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb.

The name of the road was not changed by the New Delhi Municipal Council in the light of the guidelines of the home ministry, Minister of State for Home

Affairs Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary said in the Rajya Sabha.

Big News Network (IANS) Wednesday 17th December, 2014

They would honour a man who was an invader and murderer of their ancestors ??? crazy unpard people...shows their ingratitude and possibly future intention towards Sikhs ...wipe our history aside and our people

Guest Jacfsing2

These people have forgotten who saved their religion, they forget who gave his head just to protect their honor, in return these people have sided with Aurangzeb-the one who invaded their honor. Sad world we live in.

This Haribhai Parathibhai fellow is gujurati? I always find that there is a certain anti-Sikh sentiment with the Gujurati community. I always get the feeling that the more mercantile the community is the more the greater the anti-Sikh hostility.

There is due to be an election in Delhi, I wonder if there issome vote bank politicking going on.

Its not like this road just popped up yesterday. Its been named aurangzeb road for G knows how long. And now we're demanding that its name be changed to that of our Guru?

Seems pretty lame.

Its a relatively newish road in a relatively new part of a new town...i.e the new part of Delhi. Thus, it was named 'Arungzeb' in the very lifetime of the people that made the decision to keep the name and, quite possibly, named by some of the very people that have decided to keep it.

When searching for 'lame', may I suggest you look in the direction of the people that sit around a table in a planning committee meeting and come to the conclusion that it would be wonderful to name a new road after a bigoted hate-mongering mass-murderer.

If we suggested name "Ranjit Singh marg" then they probably think about it. These hardliner people will never change name of the famous elite road to sikh gurus or in fact any sikh name.

Let me give you an reality:

Most of the street and locality names in Amritsar are based on British leaders etc. There is a famous road called "Lawrence Road" where you will find all glitzy (indian standard) eatery joints and youth hangout there often etc. Anyway, that road was renamed to "Bhai Vir Singh Marg" because of the big house of bhai vir singh ji is on this same road. This happened many decades ago and if you ask anyone in amritsar, 98% won't know where "Bhai Vir Singh Marg" is. The reason is because of the majority of Amritsar residents are hindus and they never felt to promote this locality/road to sikh name because of their link with Arya Samaj.

If we suggested name "Ranjit Singh marg" then they probably think about it. These hardliner people will never change name of the famous elite road to sikh gurus or in fact any sikh name.

Let me give you an reality:

Most of the street and locality names in Amritsar are based on British leaders etc. There is a famous road called "Lawrence Road" where you will find all glitzy (indian standard) eatery joints and youth hangout there often etc. Anyway, that road was renamed to "Bhai Vir Singh Marg" because of the big house of bhai vir singh ji is on this same road. This happened many decades ago and if you ask anyone in amritsar, 98% won't know where "Bhai Vir Singh Marg" is. The reason is because of the majority of Amritsar residents are hindus and they never felt to promote this locality/road to sikh name because of their link with Arya Samaj.

I also Heard Out of Punjab, Amritsar was one the biggest Drug Problems?

These people have forgotten who saved their religion, they forget who gave his head just to protect their honor, in return these people have sided with Aurangzeb-the one who invaded their honor. Sad world we live in.

When u tell ppl of other communities of the great things r gurus/shaheeds have done for their communities in history, they never appreciate it, simple. They then resort to changing our history and even try telling us, wat r religion is and isnt about. When u tell them home truths, they call u extremists/anti-hindu/anti-muslim etc.

Just look at the mug on this thread spouting rubbish.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/76225-hindus-wearing-the-kara/