Travelling To Punjab Via Chandigarh Airport?

Hammertime007

The only reason for the price difference is extra Airport taxes put on Amritsar , that is according to the airline companies I talked to , so understand this and go direct to Amritsar support its development , most people who go to Dehli end up in Punjab if we supported Amritsar then more airlines would compete to go there and that will mean price drops.

Who's 'development' are you talking about ?

Remember, whilst the worldwide Sikh diaspora, specificaly London and Toronto, is noted for its Amritdhari Sikhs working at it's inernational airports, Amritsar is notorious as the airport that officialy banned amritdhari sikhs from working there as a security risk.

So tell me.....Who exactly am I supporting when I stupidly and ignorantly pay the extra $200 for the priviledge of flying with an airline with a bad safety record to an airport without safety infrastructure?

Do you think I'm so stupid that I'm going to finance the economic progression of a staff that are 90% Hindu and a 90% Hindu Airport management that ban true Sikhs from working there ?

Do you ?

Who's 'development' are you talking about ?

Remember, whilst the worldwide Sikh diaspora, specificaly London and Toronto, is noted for its Amritdhari Sikhs working at it's inernational airports, Amritsar is notorious as the airport that officialy banned amritdhari sikhs from working there as a security risk.

So tell me.....Who exactly am I supporting when I stupidly and ignorantly pay the extra $200 for the priviledge of flying with an airline with a bad safety record to an airport without safety infrastructure?

Do you think I'm so stupid that I'm going to finance the economic progression of a staff that are 90% Hindu and a 90% Hindu Airport management that ban true Sikhs from working there ?

Do you ?

sorry baba ! I innocently suggested supporting the only major Punjabi airport but I was not aware of blanket ban on amritdhari staff ...

sorry baba ! I innocently suggested supporting the only major Punjabi airport but I was not aware of blanket ban on amritdhari staff ...

You're not aware of much at all bibi ji. So none of us are surprised by the same old thing from you. People have been kind to you 'coz you've been saying all the right right things and pressing all the right buttons but....do you think you may have diggen your grave with that 'baba' comment ?

You're not aware of much at all bibi ji. So none of us are surprised by the same old thing from you. People have been kind to you 'coz you've been saying all the right right things and pressing all the right buttons but....do you think you may have diggen your grave with that 'baba' comment ?

I didn't mean anything by it ... I know I am not as keyed into all of India's recent BS against SIkhs in Punjab but I do know what my Guru ji told how to be , and I am trying to improve every day. I respect all of you you may be younger than me I don't make any assumptions but I don't look at that I look at people's words and knowledge and all of you are very wise .

Delhi airport does not recruit Amritdhari Sikhs. In fact the security used to be very hostile to Sikhs always trying to fleece them . The new airport is slightly better. Anyway just checked you can fly to Amritsar on Qatar offpeak for *£470 with a 2 hour stop each way .

I only was speaking from my experience of Amritsar travelling with my elderly mother and one year old Baby, for Akhand Paath at Harmandir sahib about five years back, all airports are strict with me as I wear a dastar , as does my mother so I did not find it that different to others . Generally speaking security staff the world over have attitude from the little power meted out to them .When I went through Dehli in 2014, I found the staff more relaxed than before maybe people are changing .

International flights from Mohali airport soon

Modi likely to inaugurate airport in August-end

http://www.tribuneindia.com/mobi/news/punjab/international-flights-from-mohali-airport-soon/33031.html

Probably wont be operative until 2050 lol. Mohali airport is a joke and a scheme to raise the land prices thru the roof. Guess who owns all land bear this so-called proposed airport.

Follow the pattern- 30 years ago, same headlines were made about amritsar airport and only few yrs they started operating as international airport and now many airlines left.

Delhi airport is much better because of so much air traffic and funds they get from govt and airlines.