Tensions Between 'sikh' And 'muslim' Gangs

ghettosikh

this guys are going crazy right now shooting at eachother

Just after 11 p.m., on Sunday, Oct. 5, 2014, several people were thrown out of the bar in the 13400 block of 52 Street N.E., following an altercation. As the two groups continued to argue outside, one of the men pulled out a handgun and fired several shots towards the rival group and the bar. One man was shot in the leg, while several others inside the bar were sent diving for cover as bullets entered the business. One patron was injured by flying glass.

Warrants were issued shortly after the incident for Ramin Dadkhuda, 26, of Calgary. He was arrested at the end of October and charged with multiple weapons offences, as well as two counts of aggravated assault.

In the second case, officers charged a local man with attempted murder following a shooting incident in Pineridge, also in October 2014.

On Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014, two groups of men arranged to meet on a street in the 6700 block of 26 Avenue N.E. When the groups arrived at the arranged meeting place around 7:30 p.m., their two cars pulled up beside each other, when someone inside of the cars fired shots into the other. The driver of the one vehicle was shot in the face. The offenders fled the area.

Three days later, on Sunday, Oct. 26, 2014, the offender turned himself in to police and was charged.

Amaninder Singh, 22, is charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, five counts of failing to comply, and multiple firearms offences.

In a more recent case, detectives have charged two men in connection with a shooting at a northeast home.

At approximately 11:30 p.m., on Thursday, Jan. 1, 2015, police received a complaint of a drive-by shooting in the 700 block of Rundleside Drive N.E. Several people were inside the home at the time of the shooting, however, no one was injured.

Abdullah Amer, 20, and Azad Ahmed Haji, 28, were arrested on Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015, and charged with multiple firearms and drug offences.

Warrants executed at the time of the arrest yielded cocaine, oxycodone, cash and a loaded handgun.

None of these incidents was random, and all are believed to be targeted.

Anyone with information relating to similar investigations can contact Crime Stoppers anonymously using any of the following methods:

TALK: 1-800-222-8477

This is Canada. These will almost surely be drugs related conflicts.

These gangs should not be described as Sihks they are messed up Punjabi youth looking to get rich quick selling drugs.

In Vancouver, Surrey , BC for one shootings, killings over drugs are common place.

Agreed this is drug gangs turning the cities of Canada into the wild west. The shame of it is when arrested they will parade their 'sikhness' in the form of their names and invite politicians to tar the Sikhs as a troublemaking immigrant group .

I never thought the muslim v sikh gang warfare would reach canada. Thankfully sikhs stopped this in the UK a long time ago and let the so callled kashmiris run the streets seeing as they are so proud of it, I wouldnt even call them muslim cos not all muslim ethnicities act like this. Being a drug dealer driving a big car may make you big in this lifetime but lets see after..

What ethnicity were these muslims? Usually its kashmiris who have punga with sikhs.

One thing I got to give to the canadian sikhs is how sikhism is growing out there, hear a lot less of inter religious marriage and a lot more closeness in the community. I guess everywhere has its advantages and disadvantages.. I would just love to see what candian sikhs would think of kashmiris in the UK if they came here and saw them, cos I know they think pakistanis arent bad out there based on the ones living in canada, which I agree with.

Well from my own family which I have in Canada, I have about 50 of my 2nd cousins there and not one of them has married out as of yet ( no im not pakistani, but my great grandparents did have 12 brothers and sisters). Luckly none of them have fallen for the gangster drug lifestyle there , bar one. Also Sikhism is going to be 2nd biggest religion in Vancouver soon apparently. I actually prefer my family in Canada they are much more safer than the ones which are here.

If you look carefully what is written, it is not very clear to ascertain whether this is a "Sikh" v "Muslim" incident. They seem to be isolated drug related incidents that are somehow connected and there are some folks with muslim names and sikh names have been arrested.

I do not live in Calgary so would not know the wider context of this.

This muslim problem seems to be in Calgary at the moment.

In Vancouver, it's much different, since the sikh numbers are much higher. However, the muslims are slowly creeping in and trying to set up little bases.

As for interfaith marriages.....it depends ?

There are a few different generations here...... People from my generation, ...say the one's born in west in 70's and very early 80's.....had high percentage that got married outside of sikhi.

Canada is super huge and most of them have no reason to live near the sikh communities.......so they move out a few hundred miles........that's why you don't hear of them.

However, there is the newer generations of immigrants that came here in 90's and after.......and these are the higher sikh desi's that don't often marry outside.

So, back in the UK, when you hear the stories of canadian sikhs....it really depends what generation you are talking about.

(note- i'm born and raised from uk, but now in canada)

and NO, the kashmiri pakistanis are not in huge numbers as in UK,