Sikhs Converting To Islam

Guest 0121Do1

On 01/11/2016 at 9:01 PM, Guest N Kaur said:

Does it matter who converts to whatever religion as long as chosen path helps the person to be closer to God? In life we are all given choices what's most important is a clean heart. I was born into Sikhism but I don't believe in reincarnation so this only leaves me with Judaism Christianity or Islam as a an option, I don't judge people on what they choose to follow as a path and neither should people judge others. Follow what's right for you, only people who are insecure about their faith are quick to comment on others. We live in a world where we should worry about ourselves and how will we face our creator not who converts to what faith. May God have mercy upon us all. 

yep it kind of does when you look at the world those faiths are encouraging ... the 'chosen people' mentality is very dangerous BTW Jews and Orthodox Christians believe in reincarnation they have it written in scripture (prophets being reborn). The concept of being reborn illustrates God's mercy , we get chances to improve our lot instead of living one life and burning in hell forever which is not particularly merciful. I love the truly loving nature of Akal Purakh as described in Gurbani I cannot imagine how you could know that and accept the kind of petty way He/She is described by other faiths

Guest Jacfsing2
4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

yep it kind of does when you look at the world those faiths are encouraging ... the 'chosen people' mentality is very dangerous BTW Jews and Orthodox Christians believe in reincarnation they have it written in scripture (prophets being reborn). The concept of being reborn illustrates God's mercy , we get chances to improve our lot instead of living one life and burning in hell forever which is not particularly merciful. I love the truly loving nature of Akal Purakh as described in Gurbani I cannot imagine how you could know that and accept the kind of petty way He/She is described by other faiths

Don't you keep bringing-up the Dead Sea Scrolls on how true Christianity isn't that different from Gurmat,(though you can't get Gurmat if you don't believe Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the Sargun form of Vaheguru), the one Jesus taught, not the modern Christianity.

28 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Don't you keep bringing-up the Dead Sea Scrolls on how true Christianity isn't that different from Gurmat,(though you can't get Gurmat if you don't believe Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the Sargun form of Vaheguru), the one Jesus taught, not the modern Christianity.

I did mention that there is some more to Christianity than average joes know, they talk about time in same  divisions using the same term watches -pehar, they believe in last pehar of night doing bhagti. a concept of swas simran . Just things that popped up which made me go hmm why is it missing from regular christianity?

On 01/11/2016 at 9:01 PM, Guest N Kaur said:

I was born into Sikhism but I don't believe in reincarnation so this only leaves me with Judaism Christianity or Islam as a an option, 

Right.....so ur tellin us, a story that all humans came from 2 boys havin sex (kane/abel), eve came from adams rib....yes his bloody rib,makes more sense than reincarnation?

• 1 year later...
Guest JJ_plaha
On 04/11/2016 at 9:13 AM, Guest Yogi said:

I too read about Islam on internet, this is one of my favourite topic while i am free. But as much as I read, the urge to beat their so called muhammd is incredibly increasing in my mind.

today I talk to a muslim scholar and i asked him a short quick question,

what is the best religion, he said islam

i said, is it possible to go heaven if a person is 100 percent good in life but from different religions?

he said, only good muslims are allowed to go heaven, no matter how good are u, if u are not a islam follower,u cant enter heaven. I read islam in detail and i feel sorry that i used to say I respect all religions. Islam is not worth respect. Its all <banned word filter activated> , the pure stupidness., first they take advantage of quran to prove allah, then they take advantage of allah to prove quran, thats stupid. There is nothing in there. Infact there are only two religions on earth, one is islam and second in humanity. I always have wish to darshans of guru sahibs ji but today i want to see muhammad also, i wanna ask him what the hell u just did man, who the hell r u, why u made this stupid rules, i am really started to hate this muhammad.now i am doubtful that he was nothing but just a common man who just got a chance to make two three followers and then two more followers and then 10 more then millions. They say quran is allahs word, how allah waheguru can do this. Its all <banned word filter activated> the judgement day and all.everything they do is stupid except one thing they believe, God is one.

sorry for my wording but its the real truth

Utter nonsense

Guest Khalsa Shall Rise.

This is a simple solution but Akal Takhat that was destroyed has not come into the 21 century. We need to accept all kinds of sects and cults in order to fix this problem. We need to recognize the two Calendars. Christians have two calendars we have not seen them fight. We need to accept the Radhaswamis. Namdharis and so forth. Our Sant Samaj is no different than them instead they don't call their so called Sants as Gurus but in reality they are undercover calling themselves 13 Guru. Christians have so many sects but they do get along. Once the Sikhs unite like this. Sikhism will rise. Sometimes you have to take so many steps back to move several steps forward. There is no other solution for save Sikhi. We are hating each other left, right, and center. 

On 11/1/2016 at 9:01 PM, Guest N Kaur said:

Does it matter who converts to whatever religion as long as chosen path helps the person to be closer to God? In life we are all given choices what's most important is a clean heart. I was born into Sikhism but I don't believe in reincarnation so this only leaves me with Judaism Christianity or Islam as a an option, I don't judge people on what they choose to follow as a path and neither should people judge others. Follow what's right for you, only people who are insecure about their faith are quick to comment on others. We live in a world where we should worry about ourselves and how will we face our creator not who converts to what faith. May God have mercy upon us all. 

so you gave up dharmik traditions and have a choice between all 3 abrahamic religions?

you need to look into dharma more and less into religion.

Also stop repeating the term God like a Christian.

And it's sikhi not sikhism, see you're already looking at sikhi the wrong way due to colonial abrahamic lens definition.

abrahamic traditions don't even seem to understand nirguna sarguna aspects of Waheguru Ek Onkaar.

• 11 months later...
Guest Raj Singh

I'm a Sikh, but not practicing and live in the UK. I just want to point out that as a Sikh I do believe in one God. Now if you Catholic, Muslim or Sikh you still praying to the one and only. My friend converted to Islam and now has sorted out his life which was a downward Spiral. So the point I'm trying to make is that if any religion makes you a better person then it's good. I've read so much About people changing religion and the religion they change see it as a victory, which is a power trip. Theres One God, religion is a guide. We are built With the sense of right and wrong however people will or can influence this but at the end you still know in your heart.

Sorry this was a bit long to read. Sat Shri Akal, Namaste, Salam ?