Sikhs Converting To Islam

Guest 0121Do1

2 hours ago, Guest Raj Singh said:

I'm a Sikh, but not practicing and live in the UK. I just want to point out that as a Sikh I do believe in one God. Now if you Catholic, Muslim or Sikh you still praying to the one and only. My friend converted to Islam and now has sorted out his life which was a downward Spiral. So the point I'm trying to make is that if any religion makes you a better person then it's good. I've read so much About people changing religion and the religion they change see it as a victory, which is a power trip. Theres One God, religion is a guide. We are built With the sense of right and wrong however people will or can influence this but at the end you still know in your heart.

Sorry this was a bit long to read. Sat Shri Akal, Namaste, Salam ?

You sound like a liberal disease 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2015 at 12:37 PM, Dr_c said:

I say unless you modernise your faith to deal with modern times, and do it dam quickly, you wont have no faith left. The days of "kara prashad de degh" solving all your issues are long over.

Even the Christian faith has modernised itself recently surely that should be a tell tale/wake up sign to us all.

They "modernized" their faith to remove horrible things like slavery or weird things like no woman can address men in a church.

We didn't have that problem in the first place.

We don't have such negative aspects, so we don't need to "modernize" anything.

As far as keeping hair, that's up to each individual. No one is going around snatching shavers out of people's hands.

The problem largely is unfortunately within our kaum and how it works ! There's something wrong in sikh families.

We mistreat our religious people (Paathi singhs, Kirtaniye). I have myself heard my parents speak bad words for them and for sikhs in general who may take a day from work off for kirtan sabha , etc. Such people were seen as "lazers" or "they do kirtan for bread butter" 

We have disrespected our priestly class (sorry for a better term) and thats a symptom of a deeper issue that runs in Sikh families. Our women have long stopped being religious. Naturally men would ask "Why should i have to wear uncut hair and turban when she does the eyebrows" . We have become too engrossed in materialism and the Sikhi knowledge among average Sikh is incredulously low . Most don't even know mool mantar and all 11 Guru sahib's name . 

14 hours ago, BhForce said:

They "modernized" their faith to remove horrible things like slavery or weird things like no woman can address men in a church.

We didn't have that problem in the first place.

We don't have such negative aspects, so we don't need to "modernize" anything.

As far as keeping hair, that's up to each individual. No one is going around snatching shavers out of people's hands.

Depends how you define "modern" for the church.

Even by modernizing the church is losing attendees. 

The areas of growth in the church such as in Africa, they are still very traditional. 

For example the Anglican Church has had conflict with gay marriage. 

The goreh brought Anglican church to Africans. The goreh in the Anglican Church want gay marriage and the African adherents are against it.

• 11 months later...
Guest lSa35_200
On 7/13/2015 at 5:58 AM, Guest 0121Do1 said:

Here in the UK, there have been cases where British born non practicing Sikhs have taken the shahada and become practicing Muslims i.e. turned from their parent's religion Sikhi, to Islam.

I've noted that in this cases, Gursikhs and Amritdharis find out about the person or are approached by the person's family and turn up to the newly converted person's house to make them see sense / see the light.

But this response is reactive rather than pro-active. Person's converted now, heart, mind and soul, bit late for the Singhs to be turning up to the person's house to start their parchaar and try to convince them to turn back to Sikhi (when they were never in it in the first place)

Shouldn't we be reaching these potentially vulnerable and impressionable people before they even take their first step away from Sikhi so to speak, rather than having no involvement in their lives, until they convert, at which point it's time to turn up lol?

Might I suggest GurSikhs step out of their comfort zones and exclusive 'amritdhari-only' social circles, get their hands dirty and reach these people before their targeted, influenced by outside sources, and future generations are lost.

Admin Note: No propaganda allowed here. Please go to the islamic forum as this forum is for the propagation of sikh dharam. 

40 minutes ago, Guest lSa35_200 said:

Though this was posted 5 years ago I would like to say that some bits of what you said were quite wrong, as a convert I am from Sikh to Muslim I grew up never fitting into the Sikh society it has never been for me. Allah SWT was who I ended up focusing on and Islam welcomed me very so much, so many Sikhs do not accept me and turn their eye on me and my family for accepting my conversion instead of being a ‘good’ Sikh they should be and understanding and nice to a person regardless. When you say “targeted” I hope you come to a realisation that was the wrong thing to say as a convert I was never ever targeted I ended up looking into other religions as Sikhism was never for me. There have been Sikhs convert to other religions but you wouldn’t say they have been targeted would you? Yes some disgusting people make Islam look bad but some people who convert to Islam haven’t been targeted they just simply feel that Islam is what welcomes them and sets them free. I hope you know Islam means peace and that I found my peace there with Almighty Allah SWT. Next time I hope you use a wide range of vocabulary as to what you’d say when you next talk about this topic to someone. Have a good life. 

Fake!

On 7/13/2015 at 5:58 AM, Guest 0121Do1 said:

Here in the UK, there have been cases where British born non practicing Sikhs have taken the shahada and become practicing Muslims i.e. turned from their parent's religion Sikhi, to Islam.

I've noted that in this cases, Gursikhs and Amritdharis find out about the person or are approached by the person's family and turn up to the newly converted person's house to make them see sense / see the light.

But this response is reactive rather than pro-active. Person's converted now, heart, mind and soul, bit late for the Singhs to be turning up to the person's house to start their parchaar and try to convince them to turn back to Sikhi (when they were never in it in the first place)

Shouldn't we be reaching these potentially vulnerable and impressionable people before they even take their first step away from Sikhi so to speak, rather than having no involvement in their lives, until they convert, at which point it's time to turn up lol?

Might I suggest GurSikhs step out of their comfort zones and exclusive 'amritdhari-only' social circles, get their hands dirty and reach these people before their targeted, influenced by outside sources, and future generations are lost.

Sikhism isnt a religion..its the teachings of Truth, which was taught by many including Prophet Mohammed before he became corrupt and fell...

Theres nothing to convert from

On 3/27/2020 at 7:26 PM, Guest lSa35_200 said:

Though this was posted 5 years ago I would like to say that some bits of what you said were quite wrong, as a convert I am from Sikh to Muslim I grew up never fitting into the Sikh society it has never been for me. Allah SWT was who I ended up focusing on and Islam welcomed me very so much, so many Sikhs do not accept me and turn their eye on me and my family for accepting my conversion instead of being a ‘good’ Sikh they should be and understanding and nice to a person regardless. When you say “targeted” I hope you come to a realisation that was the wrong thing to say as a convert I was never ever targeted I ended up looking into other religions as Sikhism was never for me. There have been Sikhs convert to other religions but you wouldn’t say they have been targeted would you? Yes some disgusting people make Islam look bad but some people who convert to Islam haven’t been targeted they just simply feel that Islam is what welcomes them and sets them free. I hope you know Islam means peace and that I found my peace there with Almighty Allah SWT. Next time I hope you use a wide range of vocabulary as to what you’d say when you next talk about this topic to someone. Have a good life. 

Actually islam means submission. Not peace.

Guest Humanguest

Hello, this is my first time posting anything on a forum, because this topic absolutely got to me. I never knew that Sikh converting into Islam was happening in rare occasions, bc I have never heard about it. I live in the lower mainland BC btw. I was born in a Sikh family and had a juda as a young kid bc my parents made me have one. As a kid I felt really connected to guru ji, but Nobody in my family was amritdhari or super religous, so I lost my roots and cut my kesh. In my teens I used to do a lot of drugs like smoke weed and drink.. (with Guru Nanak Maharajs Kirpa I have stopped). I was always lost and had a spiritual connection/ believe in something higher than myself.I read into lots of religions such as Buddhism... etc and also Sikhism. I followed spiritual pages on Instagram and put myself in a athiest/spiritual Sikh religious state. At the time I did believe in Guru Ji but my parents always told that we could never be like Guru Ji and their one of a kind(which made me lose hope and try to not be like guru Ji)And my whole life I just thought Guru Ji were regular people who just did a lot of meditation and unlocked a higher spiritual states than other; but at the same time I thought of them as God (I was really confused)(Sorry for saying that, I was the biggest <banned word filter activated> at the time and didn’t know anything). But when I almost ruined my life(getting charged) I had no hope left and my only hope was to pray to Guru Nanak Ji and ask for help. I started off by doing mool mantra/simran much as I could bc I was desperate for help. Soon or later I beat the case with Guru Jis Kirpa and started doing more n more patt bc he was realist person and the only person their for me during that bad time. I kept doing ardaas to Guru Ji to help n save me and soon I met 2 Gursikhs randomly at a park and they told me everything about Guru Ji and brahmgyanis/ Mahaporsh and Saheed Singh’s and Bhakti. And my life turned around for the better with Guru Jis Kirpa. I’ve been a Sikh my whole life but I never knew this stuff and how the main reason we come to earth is to Jaap Naam and become one with the Universal Creator. 

MY MAIN POINT IS:

Do some paht or simran and do ardaas bc ardaas is very powerful it saved me or go to Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj yourself as much as you can(try to go everyday, even if you only have to sit down for 2 min) rmr Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj is our Guru and is living being and the 10 Gurus Jot and is in it and do ardaas from heart.

My whole life I’ve been looking for a purpose and a higher spiritually Life and it was in my own home. It’s just my parents lacked the knowledge themselves. Like they didn’t even know what Sachkand was and saheed Singh’s or brahmgianis. My dad didn’t know Guru Nanak is Nrinkar himself. ( so parents in Sikh religion need to up their knowledge)

Sikhi is the TRUTH and most powerful religion in the world if u want to spiritual advance. Gurbani comes straight from the universal creator which makes it the most powerful/divine. 

SIKHI IS THE TRUTH. In the Quran it says if you don’t convert you’ll burn in hell. That’s the most dumbest <banned word filter activated> if ever heard (just by hearing that one dumb line, ik this Islam isn’t  the truth) 
Plus Muhammad was a phophet and Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj is the One universal creator(Nrinkar). Muhammad is nobody compared to Guru Ji and by following Islam you will end up committing sins that seems right but arrant because it’s a illusion. this life is a game and Sikhi holds all the truths, if you have a brain you can see that Akal purakh made all other religions in a way that theirs something wrong with it, except Sikhism(his own way of life) like PHD smartasses all got together and they couldn’t find a single thing wrong with Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj because they are perfect. (Like we all know all these phophets n devites were sent to earth as messenger but got caught in ego and started calling themselves god, but obvly Nrinkar Ji knew that and he let it play out and came and made the most powerful religion. Waheguru Ji ki Khalsa(Khalsa is one universal creators army

Also google does not have the right content when you search up “Sikh religion” all content is very basic. But the deep information that inspires individuals is held within Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. also Giani Thakur Singh Ji katha has helped me so so so much. 

AND IF YOU GUYS REALLY WANNA HELP THE Kaum pls read as much Bani as you guys can. Bc If you read bani you will get raas in your voice which will make it powerful and make people want to listen to you. Just like Sant Baba Jarnial Singh Khalsa Ji Bindrawale did

The reason The Sikh Kaum is so powerful because of BANI back in the day Singh’s use to do paht All day now a day people cry over 5 banis. So everyone pls do you ardaas to Guru Ji and increase your nitnem. And if your busy at work or smthibg the Remborize bani or do Mool mantra or Waheguru.

Just to put it out their Waheguru Jaap is so powerful it’s the Jaap or 4 yugs. I believe Nrinkar Ji did abyas of this yap for 36 yugs b4 creating universe. 

Ive noticed one thing is. Don’t force people to take Amrit, just tell them to read bani and increase nitnem and Guru Ji will do Kirpa himself, they will start to fall in love with religion and start keeping rehat on their own. just have lots of Nimrat(like be kind and loving and understanding, and if people try converting to other sikhs just be tyar bar tyar.

from my personal exprience all this negative stuff is either bad karm or kalyug or maya. Rmr this is a game and we’ve came and gon many times and no1 cares about you, everyone in it for themselves. But Guru Ji will always be their for you.

also the More modern you try being, the more backwards you are. Listen to Guru Jis bachans, bc end of day They are smarter and their are The Universal creator and nothing is bigger than them and they just wish for our best.

Hopefully what I said made sense and helps someone. So sad to see people getten decieved by Kaliyug and getting lost and turning their back on the TRUTH / Universal Creator.

Bhul Chuk Maff

WJKK WJKF