Why Are Alot Of Sikhs So Whtified

Big_Tera

Again all depends on the sangat one has. If the families speak Punjabi at home then the youngsters tend to follow suit. If they speak English mostly they will follow that. All about educating, but where? If those kids don't go to Gurdwara or are in Sikh environments then how ? Depends on the parents upbringing too. And that they don't have much time to educate as they are working, so it's easier to stay in the same routine, as time maybe also be an issue.

If you were the same, now it's there time, you've worn the Tshirt, so they are going through that phase now. TV and radio has been around for years, nothing wrong in watching TV, but now the Sikh channels are doing their bit in media, so down to them watching them, as in mainstream there is not going to be a change

The Sikh channels and Internet has vast amount of knowledge, eg: Sikhi related Facebook pages etc. and this site

Did u used to watch Del Boy lol

Theres nothing wrong in watching tv? Tv is bad for the brain. we should be exercising, doing sports reading about our religion doing charitable things, becoming better people. not watching eastenders and being subconsciously influenced by their behaviors.

letting kids sit in front of the tv all day is a recipe for disaster they are in essence being raised by the telly and being corrupted by alot of the filth that is shown on there. such as lewd music videos, profanity and obscene shows which encourage promiscuous and unmoral behavior.

The only nonsense is what you wrote and you sound exactly like one of those wannabe kale. No wonder your so miffed at my post lol

If you read my post carefully you would see that I did not say Sikhs were the most whitified. I said they were 'one' of the most witified communities.

look at how many Sikh boys and girls marry whites

Look at how our youth follow the british pub culture with having 20 pints down the the pub every night

we all have english nick names

we all celebrate Easter, Christmas and virtually every other English christian festivals

we are obsessed with football and act like some english hooligans at matches

we eat Sunday roasts instead of punjabi food

many dont have Singh or Kaur in our name but a more proud to be called bob, john or some other english name instead of the name given to us by our Guru.

we watch english shows

we listen to English/black westernized music

I am not saying all Sikhs do or are like this. But those that do the above need to realize what they are doing is wrong and they are not setting a good example to their children.

is the above a good example we are showing to our youth and women? no wonder the parents who do the above have kids who marry whites.

we need to be strong and show a good example to the nest generations not by acting white or black and speaking in cockney.

I personally only speak in Punjabi language.

SO, i sound like one of those wannabe kale? REALLY? can u hear me speak through the internet? Wow wat "talent" u have. This all coming from a guy who has just used a word "whitified"!

The nonsense i wrote? LOL no mate nonsense is ppl like who expect sikhs to remain completely desi to max, whilst living in foreign lands. Look im as desi as the nxt bloke, who speaks/reads/writes in panjabi, but i also love aspects of western culture. All im sayin is, yes sikh community does have westernised coconuts, but we are by far NOT the worst of the lot. LOL so listening to western music, watching/following football is somehow a bad thing now all of a sudden n makes us "whitified"? Sunday roast over panjabi food? Never, thats exaggeration, most apnay still eat desi khaana on most of the 7days.

I agree with u on, the whole lack of use of singh/kaur in full names, thats sumink that pee's me of to the max! I dont think sikhs really celebrate xmas/easter in the so-called christian sense by goin church, but jus takin part in gift givin n xmas tree etc But if ur gona moan about that, wat about muslims, sikhs, jains etc who all "celebrate" hindu festivals in india? Also goin to the pub for drinks etc, well i duno if u noticed mate, but panjabis now have a alcohol problem, worldwide, not because theyre wannabe goreh, but this new phase of panjabi k@njar culture. U say u only speak in panjabi, so wat accent is ur english language spoken in then?? Is it in freshy accent to keep it desified?

Honestly pushing kids towards Punjabi Culture is just as bad as pushing them towards western culture, we should push them towards Sikhism which is the tolerant, loving ideology they want by the looks of things, not Punjabi culture. I think Both StarStriker and Big_Tera have good points.

Guest Jacfsing2

I watch game of thrones. But I really dont get the urge to go out and slaughter people. Or even let it give arise to some less than charming emotions. I think people seem to think the new generation is really susceptible. This is true in a sense, but most are extremely aware of certain issues and try their best to avoid them.

@thebolded.

I had a less than charming experience in certain issues being addressed here. I can sympathize with the people. But some of the ones trying to go against this "Whiteness" are mainly just more concerned Punjabi Culture is being ignored. It's less about Sikhi.

I agree, watching television doesn't mean you'll do what you see. Not everyone who watches sports immediately thinks they should be an athlete and not everyone that watches Gurbani wants to be Gurmukhs.

Have you all watched Indian serials. OMG! I wonder how someone can sit and watch that crap. It's mind numbingly stupid! At least most western shows are educational.

Agree. Indian TV channels offer their own brand of mind rotting inanity. Factor in the insidious social engineering (IMO) and agenda pushing, and I'd be equally wary of any type of mainstream TV, "white" or otherwise. Don't watch TV, simple answer. Cut down on the internet too. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc, are the modern equivalents of those TV channels that have the potential to mislead youngsters.

But to lay the blame of our ability to do the right thing at the door of the white man is a bit much. We have minds of our own. To be unable to resist the temptations and negative social norms of western society is our fault, nobody else. I see the bad bits of western existence to be on par with the undesirable aspects of our culture; both equally corrosive to our soul. If I had my way I'd outlaw those pathetic Punjabi pop songs that glamourise patitpuna (in a roundabout way), and the Indian serials that so many of our females obsess over.