How to deal with a white racist Manager/Boss. I have been working at this place for just over a year. From day one he saw me as threat and has blocked my promotion countless times. This person just wants me to leave. I get on with everyone at the office which he seems to resent and be be jealous/envious of.

I have just had enough of the dirty looks I get from him but I cant do nothing back or I will get fired.

What should I do? I think any other person would have left a long time ago. But because I am a very confident self-assured person and strong willed. I have stayed here despite the hostility I get from the guy. It probably even surprises him that I have stayed this long as no amount of threats has any affect on me. Infact many others have been and left after they have experienced this racist boss.

Who unless you are a complete push over does not mind you being there. But anyone with half a brain seems to threaten him. He is quite an old guy and I think that someone who is young and confident somehow scares him. He gets angry as soon as he see’s me talking to other people especially the women.

The only reason I have stayed is because I dont like to quit things and feel someone has driven me out of a job due to their jealousy and insecurity problems. I get on well with everyone there.

As part of my contract I also dont have many rights as a normal worker which he knows about so I think he is using this to his advantage knowing I cant really complain. At the moment I am kinda building up my experience so dont want to leave untill I have got the full qualification certificate from this job.

Anyone else experience this at work? I have never before in previous jobs and didnt know how good the mangers were at previous jobs until I worked at the new place.

How to deal with a white racist Manager/Boss. I have been working at this place for just over a year. From day one he saw me as threat and has blocked my promotion countless times. This person just wants me to leave. I get on with everyone at the office which he seems to resent and be be jealous/envious of.

I have just had enough of the dirty looks I get from him but I cant do nothing back or I will get fired.

What should I do? I think any other person would have left a long time ago. But because I am a very confident self-assured person and strong willed. I have stayed here despite the hostility I get from the guy. It probably even surprises him that I have stayed this long as no amount of threats has any affect on me. Infact many others have been and left after they have experienced this racist boss.

Who unless you are a complete push over does not mind you being there. But anyone with half a brain seems to threaten him. He is quite an old guy and I think that someone who is young and confident somehow scares him. He gets angry as soon as he sees me talking to other people especially the women.

The only reason I have stayed is because I dont like to quit things and feel someone has driven me out of a job due to their jealousy and insecurity problems. I get on well with everyone there.

As part of my contract I also dont have many rights as a normal worker which he knows about so I think he is using this to his advantage knowing I cant really complain.

What type of job is this

Ardaas in difficult times does tend to help you a little. Sometimes it sorts the situation for you.

Any difficulties - prayer solves them all. je mushkil hove at bhari har ko naam khin maye udhari.

No matter how big a problem God's name will sort it all out.

Its based in an office in the recruitment sector. I am actually planning on leaving in a few months. But being there even a short time more is going to be hard.

Big_Tera ji you have stuck it out for over a year, so there's only a few months left. You have got used to his attitude now, so don't let him mess it up now before you. If he knows you are leaving soon, he may mess you more, so as to make you weaker, but don't fall for it.

I'm assuming that you will need a reference from him, but it's no excuse to take any sort of workplace abuse either.

Do Sikhni777 penji says do Ardas and ask Guruji to guide you through this.

Big_Tera ji you have stuck it out for over a year, so there's only a few months left. You have got used to his attitude now, so don't let him mess it up now before you. If he knows you are leaving soon, he may mess you more, so as to make you weaker, but don't fall for it.

I'm assuming that you will need a reference from him, but it's no excuse to take any sort of workplace abuse either.

Do Sikhni777 penji says do Ardas and ask Guruji to guide you through this.

Yes thats what I am thinking. But all i want to do is punch the manager in the face. He is being difficult for no reason even though I do more then others. Put in extra hours and work harder. And all the thanks I get is rudness and dirty looks. Theres been times when I have felt like smashing up the entire place to vent my anger. But then I stop and think of the consequences. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Yep I will try an follow that advice to keep me calm and focused on just staying ther for a few months more hopefully.

Yes thats what I am thinking. But all i want to do is punch the manager in the face. He is being difficult for no reason even though I do more then others. Put in extra hours and work harder. And all the thanks I get is rudness and dirty looks. Theres been times when I have felt like smashing up the entire place to vent my anger. But then I stop and think of the consequences. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Yep I will try an follow that advice to keep me calm and focused on just staying ther for a few months more hopefully.

Bro is there anyone higher up than this person you can talk to? Technically this counts as workplace bullying if he is making you feel uncomfortable. I had a dealing with a similar teacher when I was in school. There's a good way to go about it if you feel the need to do something about it. Not trying to compare your situation to my previous one lol so please dont take offense.

Bro is there anyone higher up than this person you can talk to? Technically this counts as workplace bullying if he is making you feel uncomfortable. I had a dealing with a similar teacher when I was in school. There's a good way to go about it if you feel the need to do something about it. Not trying to compare your situation to my previous one lol so please dont take offense.

I think he did say he is a contractor, he does not have the same rights as a permanent employee. His boss can very easily terminate his contract. He needs to stay calm, do his job and not let the bullying affect him.

Mate, my advice is to seriously consider leaving before he cooks up some scheme to have you sacked, or you get depressed from his constant blocking of your promotion.

I've been in a couple of places where I've stubbornly stuck it out in similar circumstances and eventually had to leave as they started to concoct defamatory stuff to get at me.

When that happens you find all your workmates turn coward and look the other way in fear of their own jobs. lol Dog eat dog world out there.

Presumably you have complained to him or someone above him. If they are not responding to your legitimate concerns try and capture evidence of him being discriminatory based on race and take the company to a tribunal. Just because you are a contractor does not mean you do not have the same legal rights as a permanent employee.

Racism in the workplace or elsewhere is not only illegal but a criminal offence in the UK.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Documents/Advice%20factsheets/Employment/e-unfair-treatment-at-work---race.pdf

Can you document or record his behavior in any manner? Are you able to record some very specific behavior or pattern of behavior that crosses the line? Are other witnesses present? How large is the organization?

Be a pillar. Show absolutely no fear. Look him in the eye and do your job. If you lose your job, you will get a better one being a fearless leader. Do not punch him unless he attacks you physically. The game he is playing is a mental game, you can defeat his mind. The racist is about perceived power as much as race. If he sees you have power, his response to you may change, no different than in a physical fight.

Additional options:

If he yells or gets angry and you are able to do so in front of others and you are willing to risk your employment, look at him in the eyes and say something calmly but confidently along the lines of "that's no way to respectfully talk to someone in the workplace". In my experience sometimes you turn bullies into your puppy. You may also not be employed there, but that's their loss, not yours.

Document very specific unassailable points in a written memorandum or email to him and cc higher ups. Tell them if the situation is not addressed, you will take further action with respect to harassment and bullying. But you must be specific. It is not racism to the larger world because you think it is and they know that. An outsider will generally have to see it as such. Regardless abuse due to any reason is not acceptable.

If there is something more specific he is doing for which you wish feedback, let us know.

Some good overarching snippets of advice above. However you handle this start to operate and think in a principled manner as someone fighting for others not just yourself. You'll be a happier person in the long run. When we look at only our best survival interest in these situations, we leave ourselves weak and open to becoming the very bullies we despise.

Thanks for all the advice.

Yes as pointed out by Singhni I dont have many rights as I am not a paid employee with a employment contract.

Thankfully I am only working at this place 2 days a week and I am not getting paid. Its just a placement that I am on. Thats the strange thing about this whole thing. Its not like I am being paid just a casual placement job. So why this Manager is so aggrieved that I am there I have no clue. He seems incredibly jealous and insecure it is unbelievable.

I think he sees me as a threat because I get on with everyone else so much and I don't think he is liked by anyone. So he resents me for this. I have never experienced managers like this before. But I will be glad when I eventually leave this place with my certificate and do not have to see this person ever again.

Another issue is their is girl there that he likes but this girl spends alot of time with me which I think is also causing tension. Even though I have made it clear I am not interested in this girl.

Sometimes when you are extra nice to people especially mangers who are being nasty to you - you get surprising results.

How about just taking him a box of sweets and saying thankyou for all your help. You are a great inspiration to me.

I know its hard to do - but worth a try.

If he throws the box out and about and makes a nasty remark - then you know for sure - he's really bad and burning inside.

If he smiles and accepts it and shares with others - well good for you and him.

If he gives you those looks then you know - well I was right.

Sometimes I have realised we judge people wrong and start imagining plenty of things and start focussing on the wrong side of things.

Well worth a try - let us know how it worked.

You will meet with plenty more people of the sort during your work life.

I remember a lady who volunteered with me - and the manager told me to stand up to her ordering me around. Yours however seems a different sort of problem.

Every place I have worked in, I have met people who particularly dont like me, so you got to find a way to sort these feelings out within yourself too and stay focussed on your task and on your continued development.

Negative people do not deserve the energy which you spend worrying about them. Use your time and energy constructively as remember you have a limited supply of both. The future stretches out long ahead with many more problems.

Thanks for all the advice.

Yes as pointed out by Singhni I dont have many rights as I am not a paid employee with a employment contract.

Thankfully I am only working at this place 2 days a week and I am not getting paid. Its just a placement that I am on. Thats the strange thing about this whole thing. Its not like I am being paid just a casual placement job. So why this Manager is so aggrieved that I am there I have no clue. He seems incredibly jealous and insecure it is unbelievable.

I think he sees me as a threat because I get on with everyone else so much and I don't think he is liked by anyone. So he resents me for this. I have never experienced managers like this before. But I will be glad when I eventually leave this place with my certificate and do not have to see this person ever again.

Another issue is their is girl there that he likes but this girl spends alot of time with me which I think is also causing tension. Even though I have made it clear I am not interested in this girl.

Geez, if you can just get out of there with a decent reference, count yourself blessed. I've seen this a few times, so it isn't that uncommon.

• Like 1