How Muslims Spread Their Religion

Big_Tera

Don't matter what they think and what I think. What guru thinks is more important. Basics of Sikhi have their interruption of Gurbani, others have their own and I have my own.

To me Guru Ji talks common sense and common sense is if you can eat plants which have souls too according to Sikhi then there shouldnt be a problem in you eating meat the sin does not lay in the body of what you consume the sin lays in the act of not remembering God is the sustainer and giving you sustenance. This is the message Gurbani is saying... but most are not intelligent enough to see that argument they rather have low IQ discussions about eating meat or not is sin or not when its totally irrelevant. Guru says eat what you like as long as you remember your creator who gave you that food in order for you to survive

Waheguru ji also says daya comes before dharam in a human aint got the first then forget about the rest...

Waheguru ji also says daya comes before dharam in a human aint got the first then forget about the rest...

Then where is your daya (if your vegetarian) when you consume the body of plants? You know in Sikhi we believe plants have souls too right? Or does their life not matter to you...(again that's if your vegetarian).

Then where is your daya (if your vegetarian) when you consume the body of plants? You know in Sikhi we believe plants have souls too right? Or does their life not matter to you...(again that's if your vegetarian).

why not stop breathing or drinking water? we are not Jains we are gursikhs ...we eat little and what little we eat is of non-sentient beingsi.e. plants we pray when we make it , we pray before eating and we do our nitnem and simran to lessen our karams . it is a lesser sin and it is the food that Guru ji has given us

Guru says eat what you like as long as you remember your creator who gave you that food in order for you to survive

I agree that our Guru doesn't outright prohibit meat consumption, but he doesn't tell us to eat whatever we like to our heart's content either. We should eat simple food and in small quantaties.

"Those who serve are content. They meditate on the Truest of the True.

They do not place their feet in sin, but do good deeds and live righteously in Dharma.

They burn away the bonds of the world, and eat a simple diet of grain and water.
You are the Great Forgiver; You give continually, more and more each day.
By His greatness, the Great Lord is obtained. ||7||"
Ang 467

I agree that our Guru doesn't outright prohibit meat consumption, but he doesn't tell us to eat whatever we like to our heart's content either. We should eat simple food and in small quantaties.

"Those who serve are content. They meditate on the Truest of the True.

They do not place their feet in sin, but do good deeds and live righteously in Dharma.

They burn away the bonds of the world, and eat a simple diet of grain and water.
You are the Great Forgiver; You give continually, more and more each day.
By His greatness, the Great Lord is obtained. ||7||"
Ang 467

Thats a totally different argument and out of context of the meat debate currently unfolding.

Gurbani will state many things that may seem contradictory in nature but when you look at the wider picture and wider message Guru Ji is saying its basically do good and use common sense and worship your lord creator waheguru for he has given you all that makes you alive in this human form and this planet.

That's he central message we Sikhs should be focusing on not whether eating meat or a plant is sinful or not. After all atoms in meat are the same in plants in the end we all come from the one and we will all return to the one if we get things right the Sikh way in this life.

Thats a totally different argument and out of context of the meat debate currently unfolding.

Gurbani will state many things that may seem contradictory in nature but when you look at the wider picture and wider message Guru Ji is saying its basically do good and use common sense and worship your lord creator waheguru for he has given you all that makes you alive in this human form and this planet.

That's he central message we Sikhs should be focusing on not whether eating meat or a plant is sinful or not. After all atoms in meat are the same in plants in the end we all come from the one and we will all return to the one if we get things right the Sikh way in this life.

I was supporting you partially and I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I'm not against eating meat. I'm against you saying that we should eat whatever we "like". If God gives us meat to eat, then eat it, but we shouldn't be going out of our way to satisfy our taste for meat. Living simply and spontaneously with the unconditional love of God as our impetus is the central message of Gurbani(to me). We both agree that overthinking things and meticulously calculating the karma of our every action is a waste of time when we should be focusing on God and service.

I'd even doubt that. And I don't really care too much anyway. Wherever you are from, if you are Sikh now, you need to stop acting like some backwards pendus now.

So true. People are so crazily inflicted by this hindu backwards ideology.Everyone is trying to proof they came from somewhere else .Even if we, jatts, are from central asia, so wat? Does that mean cental asians are better than us? Cuz they still live in central asia n are pure central asains n were mixed? We will never win this game of one upmanship. Fact is we were all indians but got conned by brahmins into thinking one is better than the other and their divide n conquer strategy worked so well we cling to these labels long after the brahmins rule was destroyed... Wats wrong with being olden day indian? Present day indian is another story.... Our ancestors who ever they were thought india was a good place to settle n indians good enough to intermarry then who r we as ethnic punjabis o to deny our punjabiness or indianess and claim aryan or central asain heritage? Even if we had that ancestry,its been diluted out of us a lobg time ago...

. Wats wrong with being olden day indian? Present day indian is another story.... Our ancestors who ever they were thought india was a good place to settle n indians good enough to intermarry then who r we as ethnic punjabis o to deny our punjabiness or indianess and claim aryan or central asain heritage? Even if we had that ancestry,its been diluted out of us a lobg time ago...

Nothing funnier than a simpleton being brainwashed by the Indians giving lectures to Sikhs about being brainwashed by the bhamans. :biggrin2:

Brother, as a Punjabi, you spent thousands of years as the easternmost (and richest) province of Persia, while everything to the south of you was loosely Hindustan. Evil Mughals came and incorporated you into a concept called India. After that, we Punjabis again regained total and complete seperation by being our own kingdom and empire, completely seperate to the concept to the south of us called India. Then , the British came along and incorporated you into India. Then, in 1947, you found yourself with India once again purely because of the lies and false promises made by Nehru at the All India Congress in Calcutta in 1946.

And there you have it. A simpleton (you), who knows absolutely nothing about his hstory as a Punjabi, giving lectures to others about how they should be proud to be 'Indian'. You are indeed a first class muppett.

So true. People are so crazily inflicted by this hindu backwards ideology.Everyone is trying to proof they came from somewhere else .Even if we, jatts, are from central asia, so wat? Does that mean cental asians are better than us? Cuz they still live in central asia n are pure central asains n were mixed? We will never win this game of one upmanship. Fact is we were all indians but got conned by brahmins into thinking one is better than the other and their divide n conquer strategy worked so well we cling to these labels long after the brahmins rule was destroyed... Wats wrong with being olden day indian? Present day indian is another story.... Our ancestors who ever they were thought india was a good place to settle n indians good enough to intermarry then who r we as ethnic punjabis o to deny our punjabiness or indianess and claim aryan or central asain heritage? Even if we had that ancestry,its been diluted out of us a lobg time ago...

why worry about what blood is running through this temporary wall of dust? it is your soul that it the important thing and your life mission.