Why Are There No Sikh Mps

joker

We dont need a puppet on string type of sikh M.P.But someone who is proud of his Sikh Identity , not using it as a pass to a lucrative career . Highlights sikh issues, who is accountable to his constituents and not the Indian Embassey.

Ps Sikhs in Ealing should get organised to vote Anita kapoor out of Office, Couple of 1000 votes and shes out

The trouble in the UK at the moment is that to get a 'sikh' MP in an area with lots of sikhs is hard, because in order to get elected they need to pander to the usual suspects (those folks who make up our beloved gurdwara committees etc). In other areas, they need to pander to the locals (hence you get the coconuts standing). As mentioned real politics in this country works by being a tight knit 'electoral' grouping who can then use that to pressurise (lobby) MPs/political parties. Thats how other groups do it (ethnic, business and social interest groups). If you get a few Sikh heritage MPs thats still not much clout when you consider the 600ish MPs.

Its about Lobby groups, its a fallacy that getting MPs in will change stuff (its all about power and influence).

Its about Lobby groups, its a fallacy that getting MPs in will change stuff (its all about power and influence).

I think the sad truth is about nuisance value and the ability to severely disrupt the economy (not that I'm advocating it or that it is possible given our numbers and general demeanor here).

That normally gets whitey pissing his pants, and to the negotiating table.

I remember when the IRA blew up Canary Wharf - they starting negotiating straight away after years of akhaar. Riots, beheadings and blowing ish up has made them nervous about messing with sullay too (as well as arse whoopings abroad).

I think the sad truth is about nuisance value and the ability to severely disrupt the economy (not that I'm advocating it or that it is possible given our numbers and general demeanor here).

That normally gets whitey pissing his pants, and to the negotiating table.

I remember when the IRA blew up Canary Wharf - they starting negotiating straight away after years of akhaar. Riots, beheadings and blowing ish up has made them nervous about messing with sullay too (as well as arse whoopings abroad).

Respect to the IRA! They also very very nearly had saggy thatcher killed by a bomb in brighton in believe, but bachh gai saali! Coz of her, a lot of us, workin class lot suffered n grew up with sh!t.

Respect to the IRA! They also very very nearly had saggy thatcher killed by a bomb in brighton in believe, but bachh gai Coz of her, a lot of us, workin class lot suffered n grew up with

No surrender to the IRA . where do these clowns come .Why do the moderates allow these detrimental comments. Great way to win British friend and hightlight our suffering, make as many enermy as possible.The IRA are terrorist.The land i live off, is the land i serve

No surrender to the IRA . where do these clowns come .Why do the moderates allow these detrimental comments. Great way to win British friend and hightlight our suffering, make as many enermy as possible.The IRA are terrorist.The land i live off, is the land i serve

LOL, and wat is it to u? I c that u r butt hurt, tunnda hojah fuddu. U mention IRA as terrorist, well can u tell me wat wud u call occupation of irish land by the british (1801–1923), where during the potato famine (1845–1852), 1 million irish died, at the hands of the british? Or lets have a look at how n.ireland, hasnt been given back to the irish republic? Terrorist? Paaah, geezer, wat do u think the british did for the past 1000yrs or so? Creating proxy wars, take part in human slavery, spreading drugs to kill populations, creating divide n conquer worldwide n stealing MASS MASS wealth from nations worldwide?

Terrorist? well wat about the british armys role in 'bloody sunday'? Which was a re-inacment of jallianwalla bagh of 1919 in amritsar, panjab?

Terrorist, wat about the 'Ulster Resistance', 'Loyalist Volunteer Force', 'Red Hand Commando' n teh 'UDA West Belfast Brigade'? suppose these were heroic savoiur were they?

I dont condone everything the IRA did, but if they committed atrocities,well they were jus copying the british and all the $tupid coward ulster loyalists.