It's Official:

JagsawSingh

If you hog all the seats of power and control (like jats have in Panjab), you shouldn't really act surprised when people call you out for doing such an appalling job in leading.

Why? It's at the very core of most our problems, back home and in the diaspora. We've been ignoring it for long enough.

It's high time we faced it square on.

Its high time on a thread about caste. This isn't it. The fact that you've unessarily brought 'caste' into a discussion that wasn't about caste, and brought the British into a conversation that wasn't about the British, and brought the word 'jatt' into a discussion where nobody else did means you are every bit as toxic towards Sikh issues as Badal himself. What you've done....for no good reason at all....is deflect attention away from the actual issue of the thread, i.e the officialy released Indian government statistics that show a Sikh's life, freedom and dignity is valued at just 1/3 of a Hindu's. To deliberately deflect attention away from such damning statistics and by bringing 'caste' into the discussion ensuring everyone is focussed on caste rather than the damning stats means you are every bit an enemy of Sikhism as Badal.

...and it fails to amaze me why Sikhs are not progressing.

Why does it amaze you? In Panjab the economy has failed to move beyond beyond a rural agricultural focus which is obviously incapable of sustaining many families. I'd say we were more sophisticated and progressive economically 160 odd years ago under M. Ranjit Singh.

Like I said previously and maybe you're not comprehending it very well, 'I do not mind if you curse the ones doing damage, but what you cannot do is seemingly tarnish everyone with the same brush'.

I can go into the pros and cons of what the Jatts have brought to the table and otherwise (where you're stuck), but do not have the time or interest to do so. This will be my last post on this, no matter how much you stir up the hornets nest.

I told you before, those that have shed their petty peasant mentalities for a greater worldview get my respect (unfortunately there aren't enough of them about). Right now, the fact on the ground remains that Badal remains in power on the strength of clannish, caste-based allegiances. The vast majority of his supporters and voters are juts. That isn't saying every last jut is loyal to him, but that enough of a majority is - to have kept him in power for decades! This needs to be squarely faced. He draws his power from appealing to fellow juts on a fellow caste member basis.

bankrupt the a hole by boycotting all his businesses , stopping daswand to SGPC golaks, court cases for theft and embezzlements against makkar and Badal , highlight ALL his stooges and the unspoken rules will be no roti beti sanjh with any of those families ... money is his weak point , he can call on political favours but if he has no money his task force and security will give him jawab

Thing is, right now he would have a massive 'war chest' if you know what I mean. He could spend an inordinate amount on any strategy. Look, he is a classic hording capitalist. He's probably already got enough money to sustain his family in comfort for 10 generations. It's not all about money and luxury for such people, it's the buzz of accumulation and love of power politics. If he really was a man of expensive tastes you'd think he would have sorted out his mash-up dandh and ugly face and got himself a decent pair of anakhaan by now. He is a player that loves to play the political, money making game. Let's be frank, the tosser is REALLY good at it, running rings around everyone.

My point is that the juts supporting him are doing the biggest santa/banta move ever, because these types of people (Badal) are so ruthless that they'd sell their own mother if the circumstances required. To understand the situation we absolutely must recognise who his core supporters are and how he uses caste based loyalties with the odd drink up to keep them onboard.

I don't think there is much we can do about it right now, but accurately comprehending how he is playing the game is a must.

Its high time on a thread about caste. This isn't it. The fact that you've unessarily brought 'caste' into a discussion that wasn't about caste, and brought the British into a conversation that wasn't about the British, and brought the word 'jatt' into a discussion where nobody else did means you are every bit as toxic towards Sikh issues as Badal himself. What you've done....for no good reason at all....is deflect attention away from the actual issue of the thread, i.e the officialy released Indian government statistics that show a Sikh's life, freedom and dignity is valued at just 1/3 of a Hindu's. To deliberately deflect attention away from such damning statistics and by bringing 'caste' into the discussion ensuring everyone is focussed on caste rather than the damning stats means you are every bit an enemy of Sikhism as Badal.

You are Badal. Because you use all obfuscation to detract from our internal enemies, who we could do something about and keep trying to focus on outsiders, who are infinitely more difficult to deal with.

While you are focusing on them, you lose sight of the snakes under our own noses.

How is anyone supposed to deal with wily outsiders when they can't even deal with the devil sitting within the community and ruling it unchallenged.

You are the enemy of Sikhi with your loyalty to your caste and the Brits over all else.

Why does it amaze you? In Panjab the economy has failed to move beyond beyond a rural agricultural focus which is obviously incapable of sustaining many families. I'd say we were more sophisticated and progressive economically 160 odd years ago under M. Ranjit Singh.

I told you before, those that have shed their petty peasant mentalities for a greater worldview get my respect (unfortunately there aren't enough of them about). Right now, the fact on the ground remains that Badal remains in power on the strength of clannish, caste-based allegiances. The vast majority of his supporters and voters are juts. That isn't saying every last jut is loyal to him, but that enough of a majority is - to have kept him in power for decades! This needs to be squarely faced. He draws his power from appealing to fellow juts on a fellow caste member basis.

Thing is, right now he would have a massive 'war chest' if you know what I mean. He could spend an inordinate amount on any strategy. Look, he is a classic hording capitalist. He's probably already got enough money to sustain his family in comfort for 10 generations. It's not all about money and luxury for such people, it's the buzz of accumulation and love of power politics. If he really was a man of expensive tastes you'd think he would have sorted out his mash-up dandh and ugly face and got himself a decent pair of anakhaan by now. He is a player that loves to play the political, money making game. Let's be frank, the tosser is REALLY good at it, running rings around everyone.

My point is that the juts supporting him are doing the biggest santa/banta move ever, because these types of people (Badal) are so ruthless that they'd sell their own mother if the circumstances required. To understand the situation we absolutely must recognise who his core supporters are and how he uses caste based loyalties with the odd drink up to keep them onboard.

I don't think there is much we can do about it right now, but accurately comprehending how he is playing the game is a must.

look can we agree that not all peeps are same there are helluva a lot of jats who would love to do gaddi sewa of the whole clan from majithia , makkar, through to badal my folks included and they have been betrayed losing over 68% of their cotton crops due to badals 800k$ kickback - the math $620million against $800k . I'm surprised there hasn't been bloodshed yet over it ...if sikh parliment and new Khalsa raj political party could create solid solutions to preserve water table, reverse industrial scale poisoning of arable fields using intensive organic permaculturing and green manures may be we could create new valuable export crops . is there any way to avoid getting gouged by govt on crop prices when selling?

look can we agree that not all peeps are same there are helluva a lot of jats who would love to do gaddi sewa of the whole clan from majithia , makkar, through to badal my folks included and they have been betrayed losing over 68% of their cotton crops due to badals 800k$ kickback - the math $620million against $800k . I'm surprised there hasn't been bloodshed yet over it ...if sikh parliment and new Khalsa raj political party could create solid solutions to preserve water table, reverse industrial scale poisoning of arable fields using intensive organic permaculturing and green manures may be we could create new valuable export crops . is there any way to avoid getting gouged by govt on crop prices when selling?

I think the system is so endemically corrupt, and we have such bad intentions directed towards Panjabi Sikhs from Delhi that any reliance on them is only going to fail. If we get something positive passed from Delhi, their pets in Panjab itself will make sure things screw up. Plus we have our own greedy people as alluded to in previous posts.

We need to look forward because of climate change too. Mass scale agriculture can very quickly turn into a big dead end for Panjabis and their economy, we need a total rethink and revamp of this. If we get caught out, we are talking about mass starvation in Panjab, for the world to see.

It's not all doom and gloom though, I've just seen a relative of a close relative (who come from Ludhiana), land a plum job from Panjab in Germany doing his Phd with BMW. He has a turban.

We need to move into other sectors and come off the reliance on farming because that (as you allude too) gives too many opportunities for outside forces to screw farmers over. On the plus, farmers have swathes of land they could use in other ways. We need to get more creative.

That being said, we need to implement all that permaculture, organic farming vibe, and focus on selling locally, not nationally. That should help solve the degrading quality of the soil and even certain health problems in Panjab. Panjab should be the new west coast.

I think Veer ji he is referring to Dhumma ...Not Baba Thakur Singh Bhindrawale , although I must admit I haven't seen picture of the Younger Thakur Singh anywhere for many weeks is he in India or abroad ?...I would have thought that he would have so much to say being from Taksal.

ask him on whatsapp + 91 805 444 9257

There were also great Sikhs who served Brits but then had a spiritual awakening and left to serve Sikhi. Sant Ishar Singh from Malwa is an example.

I think serving a foreign, occupying force who are playing all sorts of manipulative games with your people and faith (not to mention doing all sorts of dubious, greedy, selfish escapades in other foreign lands) isn't ever going to be the actions of the spiritually inclined.

I should take this opp to put down a sakhi about sant ji, so it isn't lost to posterity - this is what I heard as a child, :

Sant ji was given a duty to guard a bridge by the British when he worked for them, but at the appropriate time he would go and do his simran. One day someone grassed him up to the Brit officials and so they went at the appropriate time to do a surprise, spot check on sant ji. But sant ji was elsewhere doing his bhagti at the time.....

When they looked they saw someone who looked identical to sant ji pacing up and down the bridge and dismissed the grass. When sant ji found out about this he realised what his true calling was. He believed Waheguru intervened for him. Apparently he threw his gun into a river and subsequently dedicated his life to the parchaar of Sikhi

Dhan dhan Sant Ishar Singh ji!

• 7 years later...
On 10/26/2015 at 9:33 PM, Hammertime007 said:

Fact most Sikhs have biharis as servants in punjab.

and those same biharis are now turning on their employers and raping or running away with their daughters , beating and killing their sons via drugs . They are being supported by GOI to buy land in Punjab remember these were folks who were so hardup they had to move across India to make a living , it is part of the three pronged approach . destroy the history, the economics and then the people