It's Official:

JagsawSingh

Let's not compare ourselves to blacks in the USA. They commit an overwhelming amount of crimes and keep the cycle going of broken families. If a black male is educated, speaks proper english, isn't involved in a criminal lifestyle, they call him a uncle tom/house ni**er. White people have done them wrong, but there is also such a thing as accountability.

Jigsaw Singh

These are interesting statistics I think taken from the report in the website national crime records

http://ncrb.gov.in/

What that report shows through its data tables and something that the HT misses are these facts that at the end of 2014.

1. Punjab with a population of 2.3% of India's population but had 7.29% of the total prisoners in jails in India.

This means that Punjab has more prisoners than more populous states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu etc. This shows how oppressive the regime in Punjab is. Interesting enough the population of prisoners according to religion, Sikhs only make up 50% of the jail population in Punjab rather than the 57% as it should be according to the total population of Punjab. Hindus make up 42% of Punjab's prison population.

2. Convicts who are graduates, postgraduate or hold technical degree make up 19.5% of the prisoner population in Punjab jails. The national average for India is 8.72%.

This means that more educated people are likely to be convicted in Punjab than in the rest of the country.

A more telling indictment of the Badal regime in Punjab would be harder to find than the data in this report.

Jigsaw Singh

These are interesting statistics I think taken from the report in the website national crime records

http://ncrb.gov.in/

What that report shows through its data tables and something that the HT misses are these facts that at the end of 2014.

1. Punjab with a population of 2.3% of India's population but had 7.29% of the total prisoners in jails in India.

This means that Punjab has more prisoners than more populous states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu etc. This shows how oppressive the regime in Punjab is. Interesting enough the population of prisoners according to religion, Sikhs only make up 50% of the jail population in Punjab rather than the 57% as it should be according to the total population of Punjab. Hindus make up 42% of Punjab's prison population.

2. Convicts who are graduates, postgraduate or hold technical degree make up 19.5% of the prisoner population in Punjab jails. The national average for India is 8.72%.

This means that more educated people are likely to be convicted in Punjab than in the rest of the country.

A more telling indictment of the Badal regime in Punjab would be harder to find than the data in this report.

Good stuff Proactive. I'm all for we Sikhs using our brains intellectually. Looking at data. Studying data. Analysing data. Finding things out from data. And I salute you sir for doing just that, looking at that particular data in a different way from which I looked at it, analysing it taking into account outside peripherals, and drawing from it an extremely valid conclusion.

Statistics don't lie. They have a wonderfull story to tell. And, in a way, it is statistics that set a people free. Let us remember at this point what really led to the downfall of the British Raj in India. The bitter truth is that it was their own love for collectiing statistical facts and figures that, in the end, jumped up and bit them on the bottom. The stats were meant to help them intellectually understand the lands they owned but in the end it was Indians who, from those stats, found out the true cost of their non-freedom.

This is what we Sikhs need. We don't need more parcharaks. We've got more than enough of those. We don't need more Ragis and Kirtanis. We've got enough of those. We desperately need men and women of intelligence. Men and women of academia. For example, for years we've been saying how 90% of the rural youths in Punjab are unemployed despite having university degrees and double degrees. Now, from these stats, we can see that a university graduate in Punjab is 4 times more likely to be in the prison system than anywhere else in the whole of India. It is stats like these, if we use them wisely, that can set a people free.

Actually that reminds me Big Tera, I forgot all about you. Thanks for that. There is also a 3rd type of Sikh that will always be loving India no matter what the statistics show. So:

3. A mixture of numbers 1 and 2. An Uncle Tom who is also suffering from mental health issues.

As someone who is ethnically Punjabi and comes from the highest stratas of Indian Society throughout the nations history. I do not feel like some outsider and n1gger like you mentioned of the Indian nation. If this is how you feel then that is obviously something personal to you. As someone who come from a diverse and distinguieshed background as myself I can say unequivocally That I feel accepted in india for who I am as a Sikh and have never had any issue with Hindus. Infact to the contray some of the best friends and people I have known have been Hindu.

As someone who is ethnically Punjabi and comes from the highest stratas of Indian Society throughout the nations history. I do not feel like some outsider and n1gger like you mentioned of the Indian nation. If this is how you feel then that is obviously something personal to you. As someone who come from a diverse and distinguieshed background as myself I can say unequivocally That I feel accepted in india for who I am as a Sikh and have never had any issue with Hindus. Infact to the contray some of the best friends and people I have known have been Hindu.

Are you talking about the same Hindus who have probably killed more Sikhs than Muslims? I guess you don't remember Sikh genocide that happened in 1984. Also, nobody got punished because killing Sikhs in India is not a crime.

It's all fine and dandy, as long as you don't show any of that rebellious Sikh spirit :smile2: All you have to do is look at the fact Sucha Sauda followers protested across Malwa and no one said a word, compare that to the Sikh protests.

niggers of britain aswell...

how many sikhs died in ww1 an ww2...

how has britain supported sikhi?

how has britain supported sikhs in justice of 1984?

how much news exposure of current panjab confluct has the bbc covered?

the british invited us to to this country to do jobs the goreh would not do...thanks to guru granth sahib ji our forefathers worked hard for us to work in a comfortable enviroment with good rewards...should i be thankfull to british?

wake up u educated fools...

Sikhs r not the ns of india that would b the dalits

Not according to the official Indian government stats. That data shows that you as a Sikh are 3 times more likely than a Hindu dalit to be arrested. 3 times more likely than a Hindu dalit to be charged with a crime (even though you didn't committ a crime). 3 times more likely than a Hindu dalit of being sent to Court. At Court, a Judge is 3 times more likely to find you guilty than he would a Hindu dalit. You, as a Sikh, as per the current prison population in India, are 3 tmes more likely than a Hindu dalit to be locked up in jail. You, the Sikh, are 500 times more likely than a Hindu dalit to be given the death penalty.

So, remind us again my friend why you think the Hindu dalit is the 'black' of India and you've got it OK ???

Iam not gonna lie india has a place in my heart

Its weird you should say that because according to their Constitution you don't even exist.

It may have a special place in your heart but they refuse to acknowledge the existence of Sikhism as a religion. Their Constitution says it doesn't and they refuse to change it.

It may have a special place in your heart but as the official statistics show they have a special reserved place for you in the cells and jails.

Anyway, don't want to come in the way of your unrequited love so good luck with that. :biggrin2: