1. 1. Who should be next Jathedar

• Ex Jathedar Bhai Ranjeet Singh
    • Gyani Pinderpal Singh
    • Ranjeet Singh Dhardianwale
    • Amrik Singh Ajnala
    • Someone from Nihung Jathebandi
    • Bhai Rajoana

Guest Jacfsing2

The #BlackDiwali thing doesn't make sense. On one hand we've been quite vehement in our assertion in recent times that Sikhs do NOT celebrate Diwali, yet some are trying to launch a movement that highlights Sikh discontent at recent issues, that hinge on the word 'Diwali'. Shouldn't it be #BlackBandiChorDivas? But I suppose that is a bit of a mouthful and isn't as catchy as #BlackDiwali.

Still, it kind of conveniently overlooks the fact that many gianis and parcharaks have been at pains to emphasise in recent years that, for Sikhs, Diwali is irrelevant to us. It's like wanting to start a movement called #BlackEid or #BlackChristmas; yeah, the message behind such phrases aren't ambiguous but how exactly does it relate to US?

Brainwashing! I'm being totally serious on this, because apparently some people believe Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is just a teacher, when in reality he's so much more he turns the darkness into light. (It's why some of our folk go to pakhandi babas).

Brainwashing! I'm being totally serious on this, because apparently some people believe Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is just a teacher, when in reality he's so much more he turns the darkness into light. (It's why some of our folk go to pakhandi babas).

That's an unfortunate side effect of certain people choosing to bypass the spiritual and mystical aspect of Sikhi and instead choosing to view our faith as a broad philosophy on life, and our Gurus as nothing more than Confucius-type figures; incredibly wise and learned but no more than men.

I find there's a growing number of Punjabi-heritage, western born individuals who've rejected organised religion that are the driving force behind attempts to strip Sikhi of its "holiness" for want of a better word. I wouldn't go as far to say they're being malicious (there's genuine respect for our Guru Sahibs amongst most of these people) but they can't be bothered with the "blind faith and Almighty" aspect of it all. So, they try to pare Sikhi down to a philosophy that doesn't require any effort on the part of the believer. You'll see most of these types of people in the UK, a perfect example being someone like Sunny Hundal.