30 Day Going Sober Blog

Sangat ji,

With maharaajs kirpa, we will be working on a project to provide Gurmat based teachings on drugs and alcohol counselling and de-addiction programmes with sevadaars who have been there and come out of the darkness of drugs and crime. This project is headed by Sikh Youth Birmingham. If you can, please support them in their project to help our brothers and sisters who are drowning in kaljug. Vaheguru

post-24162-0-86310700-1453821064_thumb.j

I think you need a break. Some time off work perhaps 2 weeks will do you good. However you have to choose the best place on earth to go to.

The most peaceful and the most divine place I have ever been to is Mani karan sahib in India. However that means you have to travel to India. If you want to join some jatha that will be the best. There are yatras all the time. You will get the much desired company and support you need. It will take your mind off things and give you the much needed peace and you will be with the most positive company you can get. (that will give you some positive place to spend your money on too) It could be a life changing experience too.

Another highly recommended place is Makindu Guradwara in Kenya. You will get the opportunity to do seva as well and the most positive company of Giani Jis and other visitors too. The accomodation there is free. There will be nobody to judge you there. It will allow you to get in touch with your inner self and refresh you from all the negativity you seem to be facing at the moment.

If possible, I think you should be looking into this as well. I am positively sure you will come back a totally changed person.

Guest Jacfsing2

DAY 27 - 28/01/2016

Today has been a good day. It was pretty average at work and I don't feel the need to drink no more. Instead of reminiscing about times I got mash up with my cousin, we talked about health and gym most of the day. Im joining a gym tomorrow and I have ordered a tub of protein powder. I really want to get back into the gym, at least I will have somewhere to let out my frustration. Ive also been researching my diet up and got most of it planned out. My cousins were going for a drink after work today and had already rang the dealer at work, I didnt even want to go with them. I felt good that I was going home feeling fresh while they were going to come in to work tomorrow no doubt hungover. There going out again tomorrow on a proper night out and have been on my case all week to come with them. Ive had to lie to them and tell them I got something to do tomorrow night so won't be able to go. Their going for a 'meal' but I know thats never the case.

Ive been thinking about how I can follow this up when these 30 days are over. Im sure everyone is getting pretty bored of seeing this topic all the time but I do want to continue something on this site because it has helped me to make changes. I originally thought of doing a japjisahib or rehraas blog but the truth is, I probably wouldn't keep it up every day. As much as I want to, I feel as if I'm just not there yet. I still need to clear my mind fully and sort my body and health out. Im now thinking of doing a 30 day diet and exercise blog. I think I'm more likely to pick this up. The problem with this idea is that I'm a meat eater at the moment and many of you will be vegetarians so my diets would be useless. I eventually want to become vegetarian but I'm trying to phase myself into it. The third option is to have no blog at all and I just leave you guys in peace lol what are your thoughts? be honest :)

You could do another 30 days blog; though not in this topic. I'd personally like to hear to Japji and Rehras Sahib blog, (it could build up the faith of those on this forum who currently don't do it).

I think your blogs been very inspirational. It has made this month very exciting. I have tried to make few changes in my life too and tried to see what I may be doing wrong. I'm sure whoever else may be reading it has been doing the same. Can't imagine life without a daily blog. Don't tell me I'm addicted now !!!whatever you choose to write got to come from the heart though.