Goodbye Forever': How Religion Treats Apostates

Guest Jacfsing2

I find it odd none of u pointed out how this crap article wrote the usual propaganda garbage of "sikhism is a monotheistic religion with roots in Hinduism and Islam". As soon as i read that, the article was doomed.

Then it states at the bottom of the article that the author of the article, rodney wilson, "holds master's degrees in history and in religion". Wow!

I just looked at the article just to see this part, (sadly the article just proves how little even "Academics" knows of Sikhi).

I find it odd none of u pointed out how this crap article wrote the usual propaganda garbage of "sikhism is a monotheistic religion with roots in Hinduism and Islam". As soon as i read that, the article was doomed.

Then it states at the bottom of the article that the author of the article, rodney wilson, "holds master's degrees in history and in religion". Wow!

we all know it was a fluff piece , but we wanted to discuss the crisis our faith is experiencing in terms of holding numbers of solid gursikhs

The best way to learn sikhi is to discover it yourself and not through indoctrination or forced to by your parents. I always hated going gurdwara and to this day i dont enjoy the gurdwara experience because its not about the guru, and theres no learning going on over there. Its just a pakhand gathering a social gathering of gossiping aunties and uncles who want langar. There is nothing there for the youth to engage their minds about sikhi or for new sikhs to learn about the faith.

Gurdwara in the UK is one of the last places a Sikh should go to learn their sikhi, best place is the library and journey of self discovery read read and read more especially the japji sahib.

The apostates who mistaken left sikhi because they were brainwashed by western media to be atheists in mindset and were forced to be religious sikhs by their pendu backward punjabi parents. They were never were shown the beauty and preciousness of the faith or had the IQ to learn their faith..... rather they were forced to live out a pakhand and learn the negative attritbutes of punjabi/indian culture thinking that is Sikhi.

If you see the so called former Sikh people who become christian videos they always talk about hindu idol worship culture or black magic culture or thought 10 Sikh guru's were 10 Sikh Gods???? whereas Sikhi is against all that....its like what faith were they learning at home? They were learning ancient backward hindu punjabi culture and faith all those years growing up and naturally they rejected something that didnt make sense in their heads or was a relevance in their lives.

But its a good sign to see these atheist pakhandi's leave the faith and those who studied the religion like new converts to sikhi from various backgrounds join the faith and add new energy and pure practice of the faith rather have those negative traits of hindu punjabi / indian culture of sikhs from subcontinent origin.

So much truth here.

I agree, but the hostility towards all matters of faith from certain quarters is quite strong, so that even belief in an impartial (non-denomination) creator is viewed as a sign of unsophistication or simple-mindedness.

People being what they are - more so in current times - the desire to fit in and not cause waves for something as apparently controversial as religious belief, means that many forgo the rigmarole of religion altogether, without trying to find that middle ground of believing in a force / creator, but not necessarily attaching oneself to a particular faith.

It's actually one of the reasons I've observed most people dismiss Sikhi as just another religion. Some of the blame for this lies with us (we're sitting on a treasure trove of spiritual knowledge), because we won't, or we've been unable to, disseminate the core Sikh teachings to the wider world. Instead, we've allowed the likes of Islam and Hinduism - and their followers - to drag us down to their base levels, whereas Sikhi is far and away a philosophy and path that surpasses both IMO. That's not my bias speaking, but something I believe to be absolutely true.

What I find quite ironic about aggressive atheists is that they can be just as dogmatic as the religious people they accuse.

Richard Dawkins is a perfect example.

What I find quite ironic about aggressive atheists is that they can be just as dogmatic as the religious people they accuse.

Richard Dawkins is a perfect example.

What does that tell you about human nature? A belief - whatever it may be - whether it's supporting the idea of a creator, or vociferously against the concept, is the common denominator in both situations. Of course, I don't think atheists will murder anyone for the glory of Science and Rational Thought, but the aggressive way in which they promote their doctrine is quite amusing. They don't see it like that, obviously, but the similarities are there.