Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
singhbj singh

European Couple doing Sewa at Shri Harmandir Sahib in full humility & devotion!

Recommended Posts

No biggie in it brother. There are thousands who do sewa at haramndir sahib. Creed/caste/religion becomes null when someone enter gurus home :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Badal's have turned Sri Darbar Sahib into a tourist attraction. Doing seva in Sri Darbar Sahib is being promoted as a tourist activity. That is why you will see tourists from India and all over the world coming there. The result of all this tourist promotion is that now there is too much rush at Sri Darbar Sahib for those who come for devotional reasons vs those who come for the reason of tourism. It now takes extra extra long to Matha Tek and even for Langar. This tourism promotion has also resulted in rehit becoming lax over the years.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

The Badal's have turned Sri Darbar Sahib into a tourist attraction. Doing seva in Sri Darbar Sahib is being promoted as a tourist activity. That is why you will see tourists from India and all over the world coming there. The result of all this tourist promotion is that now there is too much rush at Sri Darbar Sahib for those who come for devotional reasons vs those who come for the reason of tourism. It now takes extra extra long to Matha Tek and even for Langar. This tourism promotion has also resulted in rehit becoming lax over the years.

I remember an article a couple of months back that people were using parkarma as a picnic spot , is that what our Gurudwara has become a convenience for others to eat, disrespect (taking pictures kissing and what not ) by sitting and eating their picnics and do paddling in the sarover? Have we finally transformed into the toothless , spineless langar waley? Badals and their chumchey have desecrated langar maryada , it used to be only amritdharis could actually do the langar cooking and non-sikhs including patit sikhs could only do cleaning and washing duties now I've lost count of the number of celebs who have filmed themselves stirring langar.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I remember an article a couple of months back that people were using parkarma as a picnic spot , is that what our Gurudwara has become a convenience for others to eat, disrespect (taking pictures kissing and what not ) by sitting and eating their picnics and do paddling in the sarover? Have we finally transformed into the toothless , spineless langar waley? Badals and their chumchey have desecrated langar maryada , it used to be only amritdharis could actually do the langar cooking and non-sikhs including patit sikhs could only do cleaning and washing duties now I've lost count of the number of celebs who have filmed themselves stirring langar.

This is a huge dhil in the Langar Maryadha of Sri Darbar Sahib. Even till the 90s, the Maryadha was that only Amritdharis were cooking langar but since Badal came to power, the Akalis have promoted langar seva as a tourist activity and the result is we now have people who may very well be tobacco smokers preparing parshadas. Suchamta is also an alien concept to them.

 

This is how Maryadha diminishes over time. When people become lax, they allow dhils in rehit and when many years pass by people forget such a rehit even existed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

The Badal's have turned Sri Darbar Sahib into a tourist attraction. Doing seva in Sri Darbar Sahib is being promoted as a tourist activity. That is why you will see tourists from India and all over the world coming there. The result of all this tourist promotion is that now there is too much rush at Sri Darbar Sahib for those who come for devotional reasons vs those who come for the reason of tourism. It now takes extra extra long to Matha Tek and even for Langar. This tourism promotion has also resulted in rehit becoming lax over the years.

It's government's agenda to also attempt to take control of Harmandir Sahib. Promoting tourism will make them try to sneak in by health inspectors and building inspectors like when they recently intentionally flooded Harmandir Sahib. Some say they are trying to demolish and heighten to install murtian inside. 

It's not a conspiracy it's truth. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, S1ngh said:

It is off topic but I want to say that we Sikhs went on a different path.

There should be balance of everything.  Today our brothers and sisters think that doing one this such as "sewa" satisfy their  "ALL" religious needs. Whole Sikh generation is on one track which is sewa sewa Sewa but less on bhagti side.

Sewa is very important and so is meditation. Without meditation (naam, simran, bani) sewa is of no use (religious point of view).

Sewa also needs to diversified. Many people do langar di sewa. Near darbar sahib, you will get pakoras and tea free often but if you want a simple 20 page religious book then you must pay. 

 

 

This is an important topic you have touched. Sikhs today have made food feeding seva into the main theme of Sikhi. When the truth is, the main parts of Sikhi are doing Gurbani Paath, Naam Simran and maintaining Rehit. While Seva serves as an enhancement to all that to further increase one's Kamayee (spiritual earning gained from Paath, Simran and Rehit).

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical responses proving our true blood punjabi lineage

Never see any good in anything , only negatives :) 

"Sanjh kareejai guna keri , avgun chad chaliye"   - we can all learn from people even who we hate the most and hold as very epitome of ignorance

 

Imagine how nice would be the day you guys broke free of your ego and lived with "Bisar gayi sab taat parayi | Jab te sadh sangant mohe payi" 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nehkeval said:

Typical responses proving our true blood punjabi lineage

Never see any good in anything , only negatives :) 

"Sanjh kareejai guna keri , avgun chad chaliye"   - we can all learn from people even who we hate the most and hold as very epitome of ignorance

 

Imagine how nice would be the day you guys broke free of your ego and lived with "Bisar gayi sab taat parayi | Jab te sadh sangant mohe payi" 

bro , I recognised that Guru ji did kirpa on the couple but also highlighted the disgrace of our people differentiating on colour basis when serving guru panth , this is oolangna of langar rehit as is non-amritdhari hands touching langar bartan during preparation . seeing good does not mean turning a blind eye to people bringing Guruda maryada into disrepute

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beloved sister were the growers of grains all amritdhari too  ? How about the porters, the hired cooks in most guruhars .....  where do we draw the line ?

 

Understand that these overly strict maryadas were created by mere mortals  who were no more free from their egos than you and I are. 

 

Other than making us feel Holier than thou what purpose does this venomous talk serve ? 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

bro , I recognised that Guru ji did kirpa on the couple but also highlighted the disgrace of our people differentiating on colour basis when serving guru panth , this is oolangna of langar rehit as is non-amritdhari hands touching langar bartan during preparation . seeing good does not mean turning a blind eye to people bringing Guruda maryada into disrepute

True Bhainji, The typical Indian reaction can be seen that they feel all excited seeing white skinned people in a Gurdwara not realising that it is merely tourists doing a tourist activity as this has been promoted by Badal Government. Although the British have left but our minds are still stuck in ghulami. Indian reaction is to be awe struck seeing white people in a Gurdwara as if we should be greatful that they have set foot in our place of worship.  I have lived amongst white people all my life, so I do not suffer from this inferiority complex when dealing with them. For me a gora, kala, desi, cheena is all the same. No difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8 August 2016 at 3:40 AM, pardesanbibbi2 said:

BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These EUROPEANS DESERVE GOLD MEDALS FOR flaunting themselves at the HOLIEST SHRINE of the "awakened" Sikhs!!  They know very well, for they are NOT STUPID,  this will provoke a huge amount of admiration from some rustic, unsophisticated, unrefined and unpolished agrestic observer!

 

 

.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use