Help regarding Parents and Ritualism

Thanatos

Guest Dharam Singh
23 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Some people won't like what I say, but I'll say it anyways. 

Actually Thanatos does not insult, he just says it how it is. And if it's not to do with Gurbani or Sikhi he will say it. The elders actually need to be ashamed of the way they talk to youngsters on here, no wonder they get answered back because if you are going to talk like that then you get no respect either back. It takes to give respect to get it back. 

At least he's got he knows more than most youngsters nowadays. 

Hes only passionate about Sikhi and is trying to put across what h feels is right. He's doing nothing wrong either. 

Just look at the way some of the elders come across on here, including myself. But the difference is i realise if I go OTT. Sorry to say some of you don't. 

Its not about taking sides with anybody it's about everybody trying to compromise and accept different opinions, which some can't do. And that's a great shame to see and to use the forum for taking out frustration on. 

So we are no better either as elders, if we are going to treat the youngsters the way we do. I've learnt that from this thread for my own benefit too.  Thanks to those that have made fools of themselves, you have actually shown me what I sometimes do too.  And I will make more of an effort to help the youngsters and be polite to them.  I apologise to them where I've offended or hurt. 

?? Waheguru  

Yes you do take sides, that is evident. You have the full right, but then, do not say you do not.

Why do you abuse the members here, when you get out of your senses due to anger? Who has given you that authority, or what do you considere yourself to be?

It is such a shameful act from your side. How can you tell others of their bakwaas or dafaa ho jaa? When your is much more. Reconsidere your behaviour, you have potential of goodness, but you spoil it, because of your silly childish character.

Just when you want, you insult, then you tell the admin or moderators to close the thread. Be brave, and face whatever nonsense you put forward out of krodh, or, learn to control yourself

14 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Bheinji Guru Nanak Dev ji didn't pass on his legacy to disobedient son's.

Similarly Thanatos parents should give all their assets to his sister.

Just because she is a girl her virtue of being an obedient daughter is not rewarded.

Thanatos portraits himself as a true believer then why is he hanging on to financial support of those who don't follow Gurmat ie parents.

Brother you did not answer the question fully they did not kick them out of home or deny them their worldly heritage so in this way a wayward child is cared for by Gurmukh parents just as Akal Purakh cares for those who curse him, deny him giving them sustenance as this is his duty . I fail to agree with you on judging thanatos as an unworthy son just on the basis of disobedience on this one thing , how do we know if he is earning and looking after them ? it is silly to jump to conclusions. We have been given sewa of being parents we should not shirk it but try to complete it with patience and understanding , as children we are bound by a debt of love and duty also to see Akal Purakh's jot in our parents and forgive them when they fall short of sikhi's ideal both instances Ardas is required to help us and them to become close to sikhi and Akal Purakh

35 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Kaur ji, you are very innocent/bholi. I know that when you are angry/annoyed with me it is only because you are living in the moment and have become emotional.. I can also see your prembhakti for Sri Vaheguru ji, because you always try to see the Goodness in all. But not all people are as good as you in this forum.. Sadly.

Hanji, okji, thank you Ji. 

18 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

bro you can study a granth but not subscribe to a word ...

Phen Ji, I understand but I believe Sant Mahapurkh studied these Granths to help do arth of Bani. Don't quote me on it but I've heard one branch of Taksaal teach the Puratan Granths before one begins to study Gurbani. We cannot say that what they learn does not flavour thier Katha and Veechar.

This is actually one of the main reasons of why Jathebandis fight. Major differences in interpretation.

By me saying this it is reason for much abuse on this forum. I do not support any Jathebandi or Samparda, instead I respect all of them and all the different interpretations they bring to the Panth, this helps us become better Sikhs and we become better at contemplation.

If we weren't so Hindu-phobic and more accepting there would far more Sikhs than there currently are both Sehajdhari and Amritdhari. Prachaaraks and Kathakaars should have been spreading Gurus Mahraajs message in Mandirs by now to put people on the right path and to teach them what true Dharam is as laid out by Dhan Guru Mahraaj par aaj kal asi sare ik doosre de naal lar de ah khe swaa badle.

Such is the legacy of Singh Sabha.

28 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

If we weren't so Hindu-phobic and more accepting there would far more Sikhs than there currently are both Sehajdhari and Amritdhari. Prachaaraks and Kathakaars should have been spreading Gurus Mahraajs message in Mandirs by now to put people on the right path and to teach them what true Dharam is as laid out by Dhan Guru Mahraaj par aaj kal asi sare ik doosre de naal lar de ah khe swaa badle.

Such is the legacy of Singh Sabha.

do you live in a bubble ? what do you think will happen if you go to another's place of worship to preach a different faith? besides those who need sikhi the most are the ones traditionally ostracised from society, from mandhirs and so on they are the majority but our punjabi bretheren want to stick to non-sikh jaat paat di gallan and discriminate...that is why the situation is what it is . I mean a Bihari had amrit and trained in santhiya to bring Guru ji to his pind in Bihar and persuade his dalit bretheren to become amritdhari gursikhs and he has had success but this is the face of open discrimination by SGPC against supporting any prosikhi actions in other regions of India , anyone would think they have a fear of India becoming Gursikhs .

21 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

do you live in a bubble ? what do you think will happen if you go to another's place of worship to preach a different faith? besides those who need sikhi the most are the ones traditionally ostracised from society, from mandhirs and so on they are the majority but our punjabi bretheren want to stick to non-sikh jaat paat di gallan and discriminate...that is why the situation is what it is . I mean a Bihari had amrit and trained in santhiya to bring Guru ji to his pind in Bihar and persuade his dalit bretheren to become amritdhari gursikhs and he has had success but this is the face of open discrimination by SGPC against supporting any prosikhi actions in other regions of India , anyone would think they have a fear of India becoming Gursikhs .

Phen Ji please read my post carefully and understand the context. I certainly do not live in a bubble. Your post is pretty much what I was saying.

What I said was meant to be taken in the context of an ideal world and ekta in the Panth. I made it clear when I said “Prachaaraks and Kathakaars should have been spreading Gurus Mahraajs message in Mandirs by now”. And also by my Singh Sabha comment.

And in regards to preaching in Mandirs, well my view is a little different, probably slightly, and I mean slightly, Sanatan-ish.

7 hours ago, Preeet said:

Singh ji, don't even bother arguing with people like him.. I know for sure that you have good intentions, but there is no point because they have made up their mind to whatever they'd like. I myself have made many attempts to explain things, but rather he insults instead of concentrating on what is being described. 

Mate, you change your opinion left right and centre.

Example- IN my Miri-Piri thread you wrote "  Yeah well I would prefer to be saved by my phat, because I don't know how to fight"

Then about 1 month later you wrote in the thread about some guy disrespecting Sikhs by using the title of "Guru Amar" 

" I always wear my kirpan, and I wouldn't hesitate using it in defense."

You completely change based on the thread, so please don't start with me not concentrating lmao.

About 90% of the forum think you sprout nonsense based on your own manmat and thoughts. You can act all high and mighty but you're just as bad as I, only difference is I accept it while you don't. 

Rather than "explaining" things to me take the word of a Mahapurkh, or does the great Sage Preeto think she's above all that? I'm willing to bet you do since you sweep down any Gurbani that exposes your views as Anti-Gurmat. As you probably noted  I purposely ignored you in this thread to avoid things turning sour but here you are throwing stones around as usual. You decided to go for it and kick something up as usual, Funny how you claim to be better than me lol.

Spend less time acting like you know all and spend more time listening to those Mahapurkhs who make you and I look like worms :) 

This will be my last response to you :) refrain to hurling insults at me (yes you did do that so don't even deny it) and I shall do the same. If you decide to respond I'll take as you essentially causing the very drama you dislike lol.

16 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

Veera why make a post in such gussa?

If you look at Puratan sources the Kara is not actually mentioned nor are 5 Kakaar as we know them today. Although having said this, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t wear a Kara.

You are making Gurbani to be 10 Commandments or Sharia Law with comments such as “bowing down is instruction given to the Sikh through Gurbani”. Bowing or doing Matha tek is entirely symbolic. Please use logic. Again I must say that we should all do Matha Tek to Guru Mahraaj and also if one wishes to, to Sant/Mahapurkh/Gurdev/Ustaad/Elders.

Please show me where phere are teaching from Guru Sahib. In fact some Gursikhs think that in Puratan days, phere were not done. Again, I am not against phere.

Please show me where Guru Mahraaj says Jyot as we do today is a teaching. Once again, I am not against Jyot.

I am not forcing my view on anyone.  I am simply trying to show that people should not be such narrow minded Kattarpanthi-Shariapanthi-Singh Shabaiya idiots.

Let’s use your broken logic...you said “Hi Mr. Doaba”; Veera this is anti-Gurmat as Mahraaj has stated to say Fateh to your fellow Sikh not Hi.

Aah dekhya tuahdi tooti footi soch da...bara Kaljug da Gyani.

You don't even accept Gurmat practices.  You could not understand the difference between Guru given practices and devi, devta, and man given practices.  I made my post to you very simple, so you can create that chart and distinction between the two.  But from this above post, I can tell you don't accept Guru given 5 Kakkar, Anand Karaj maryada, Akhand Paath maryada.  

Guru given practices do no depend on what level a person is on.  If a person thinks metha tek to Guru Sahib is symbolic, then it is your jeevan which is full of filth.  The Guru in Gurbani gives instructions and if that feels like sharia law to you, then go join some other religion.  No one will force you to stay.  Gurbani is not only poetry and Guru Sahib knew people like you will think Gurbani is only poetry and even wrote a Shabad saying Gurbani is not only poetry.   

Throughout this debate you attacked Gurmat practices by placing doubts on when and if it is the Guru's teachings and your camp patted you on the back for it.  This thread started off by questioning rakhri.  You did not tell the readers here, when, who, or how rakhri came about.  You did not place one doubt on rakhri.  You or any other members of your camp never explained about rakhri.  Why not? Is it not important to establish rakhris background?  If we are talking about Gurmat practices you want me to explain where, when and how they are Gurmat practices.  Why are you holding Gurmat practices in doubt and rakhri is accepted blindly?  Your partner singhbj singh runs away when Bhagat Prahlaad ji's history is given to show if the parent is in ego or the innocent child who is suppose to learn and trust their elders but refuses to accept anti-gurmat practices.  

It would be broken logic if I knew I was talking to a Sikh.  Your username is doaba and you have been putting doubts on gurmat practices throughout this thread.  You have been giving every indication to say you are not a Sikh, so why would I say Fateh?  I have to take you at your word, you are a Sikh.  But actions speak louder than words here. And your actions of doubting Gurmat practices say it all.